What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Poison

browntrout

Veteran
Outdoor Dutch Passion Durban Poison

Pheno 1 Airy and more foxtailing, more earthy peppery smell.
picture.php

Pheno 2
Spear shaped buds on this pheno, Citric, fresh and funky smell.
picture.php

You can bottleneck this plant with one pheno and the other will still pop up, similar but still quite different.

BT

The Revolution

Veteran
I had some original Durban Poison stock from African seed co. My goal was to reproduce them and spread them throughout the cannabis community. All of the Durban I had found up til then was hybridized. Nothing pure. First shot I grew these out I got all males. Next time I germed the remaining seeds, and got a few females and few males. I was able to open pollinate and pulled a cpl hundred seeds. I was ecstatic.

The following summer I lost these along with all of my seed collection after a raid. They found nothing but my seeds! I was gutted, apart from these I lost tons of other pure landrace seeds, and decades of collections..
Ive been searching high and wide for the pure durban again. I was hoping you could help me out. The pics are a bit blurry but here's my pure durban poison grown outdoors at 42 N by myself. This girl was seeded heavily. Take not of the node spacing, thin pure sativa blades, Thin wispy buds. This girl was a good 8 ft tall. Sparse, spaced out, secondary branching. 100% pure Durban. Im still sickened thinking about all the work I put into making these seeds just to have them taken from me.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

SpaceBros.

SpaceBros I would say your DP looks like my pheno 1

Yeah definitely airy buds with fox-tailing on mine so similar to your pheno#1. I had a predominately spear pheno female too but it had two male kinda looking pre-flowers on lowers branches so I tossed it just to be safe.

Nice coloring on yours there. Do I see a little purple?

browntrout

Veteran
Yeah definitely airy buds with fox-tailing on mine so similar to your pheno#1. I had a predominately spear pheno female too but it had two male kinda looking pre-flowers on lowers branches so I tossed it just to be safe.

Nice coloring on yours there. Do I see a little purple?

Yeah, it won't purple on you. In early veg the new growth will go full purple in the cold making you think it would purple quite a lot but I have never seen pure DP do it.

However my DP x PCK gets right purple lol

BT

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Browntrout and The Revolution,

I love your plants. I love Sativas for that matter, purer uncrossed unless with other more pure Sativas. They rock my world!!!

Hard to believe there aren't some authentic Durban, or Africans in general, out there.

idiit

Veteran
there is no doubt in my mind that seeds of africa offers field collected seeds of authentic durban, zamal and malawi gold collected from growers in africa. the zamal is very similar to the zamal pheno fom zamaldelica yet different. the durban is text book durban except not overpowering anisce seed terps, the malawi gold is the best strain i got. period.

the malawi gold looks from what i grew out to be a well worked pure malawi line. the durban and zamal were both somewhat polluted with other genetics but i've now got a pure sativa non hermie zamal seed line, a dominate sativa durban line still in the works (just s1'd my best durban sativa). i've got my keeper breeder malawi gold female (mandingo) as clone and used her to accept pollen from my keeper mg male that has proven himself last year in a couple of hybrids. so i gots a soa mg seed stock from two (both) parents that have proven themselves in test runs.

you gots to do in line breeding on almost any landrace you get. the soa mg was super easy for me and the durban and zamal are pretty easy if you get two packs from my experience.

working on mozambique now.

relic1981

Veteran
i got my cut of dp from hprc and it is fantastic. im not sure if its pure or not but i ran it 10 weeks, it grew taall and lanky with mid level sidnranchinching. its hard to describe the taste and smell. def hints of licorice and sweet floral aroma. it has a wonderful heady high that is hard to beat. i wish i kept a mom of it but i know i can get it again from hprc. i almost passed it up but grabbed a few to see what the fuss was and it turned out aaa.

SpaceBros.

A few more pics of my finished Dutch Passion - Durban Poison. I haven't had a chance to smoke it yet - I'm waiting for a 2-3month cure before trying it. A buddy gave it a try and said it was very smooth and an uplifting smoke. Also the anise aroma is gone and just has a slightly sweet floral aroma early in cure. If you guys like what you see feel free to vote for my pic at the photo contest page at Dutch Passion's website:

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2015-02-27-durbanpoison®-spacebros._2462/

Thanks

Attachments

• P1030657.jpg
    P1030657.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030675.jpg
    P1030675.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 28
  • P1030685.jpg
    P1030685.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030686.jpg
    P1030686.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030668.jpg
    P1030668.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 26

browntrout

Veteran
A few more pics of my finished Dutch Passion - Durban Poison. I haven't had a chance to smoke it yet - I'm waiting for a 2-3month cure before trying it. A buddy gave it a try and said it was very smooth and an uplifting smoke. Also the anise aroma is gone and just has a slightly sweet floral aroma early in cure. If you guys like what you see feel free to vote for my pic at the photo contest page at Dutch Passion's website:

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2015-02-27-durbanpoison®-spacebros._2462/

Thanks

Looks killer man!!

Notice the super squat frame and sativa buds. My plant exhibit the same traits.

Will vote up!

BT

SpaceBros.

Space,

Super heavy bud structure, wow.

Yeah quite heavy bud structure for a Sativa but the buds are typically light and airy. After many years of speculation Dutch Passion have confessed of a mystery Indica in their Durban Poison line. Probably an early Skunk. I guess this accounts for the relatively heavy bud structure.

Latest posts

Latest posts