What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Durban Poison

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Yeah quite heavy bud structure for a Sativa but the buds are typically light and airy. After many years of speculation Dutch Passion have confessed of a mystery Indica in their Durban Poison line. Probably an early Skunk. I guess this accounts for the relatively heavy bud structure.

I would rather have pure durban on one hand but on the other I'm after sativa effects. If I were to get a physically indica-like plant with a predominantly or exclusively sativa cannibinoid profile it matters not. That's an awesome looking plant, short, squat, heavy yield and probably strong sativa effects. Awesome.

There's a collective in LA I get Durban from and I would say the bud structure is not full on sativa-like because they are fairly dense. Maybe the grower knows how to do it. But the effects are what matters and I enjoy it a lot. This same collective carries a lot of less found strains and all seem to be as advertised. On the subject of bud structure as an indicator I also get Nevilles Haze said to go 18 weeks and the buds are actually kind of dense. But the effects are outstanding and straight sativa-haze. In the end it's all about how it hits the funny bone.

snuggles

finally got around to taking some pictures.
pheno #1: rather spicy smell and taste. high is very uplifting but boring and lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 hours
picture.php
picture.php

pheno #2: smell of anise is overwhelming. the high is more trippy and and racy and lasts 2 hours. great for starting the day ;)
picture.php

pheno #3: smells like fuel and stings in the nose. the high is trippy and more balanced then #2.
picture.php

Last edited:

snuggles

continued :

last but not least, pheno #4: strong smell of liquorice and anise. uplifting high and trippy but not racy. good for sports and outdoor activites. high lasts for 2-2 1/2 hours
picture.php
picture.php

the buds have been all curing for 4 months now. time to light up

:dance013::woohoo::dance013:
greets

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
@the God Ima update my grow log wit info on them tonight if u wanna take a look, i have one pheno plant of gt going right now thats just barely starting to flower, also got a malawi and zamal, kali mist, and some panamaXerkle...

Ktaadn

DP seems to be one of those lines that people either rave about how strong it is or say it's weak. I grew out DP's DP outdoors at 46-ish lat and wasn't impressed with the aroma/taste and was very disappointed in the potency. It didn't do the trick for me even as wake-n-bake bud, and unfortunately I hate the taste of black licorice. It maybe could have been better if it was seeded less but I thought I might want to continue the line so I did an open pollination. It's a no go for me, but I wish I could at least try the real deal Durban sometime. Sam skunkman's DP x skunk#1 freebies blew this line away in terms of potency. Dutch passion's may be an ibl but I highly doubt it's pure.

vinrusso

Real deal Durban poison, when it grows it is unmistakable. If you have seen pictures of snowhighs Durban, that's the Durban you see in old pictures.

AeroKush102

@the God Ima update my grow log wit info on them tonight if u wanna take a look, i have one pheno plant of gt going right now thats just barely starting to flower, also got a malawi and zamal, kali mist, and some panamaXerkle...

My Malawi came out a little strange, I liked them but they need a good cure. Most of mine weren't ready out the gate. I found a cherry pheno in the Zamal which was a great daytime smoke. The rest of the zamal were like smoking black coffee, crazy high, strange and could be a little annoying trying to figure it out, so you have to be careful selecting phenos. I knew the cherry pheno before i even smoked it, it stood out in the middle of flower. Out of all the the ace genetics, GT stood above all. I have some Destroyer x GT in seed form, I'll pop them next outdoor season.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
IM bout to flower some high valley CO durban poison from my buddies outdoor harvest last year.

god knows whats in it outside the durban genes; should be fun

keep an eye out for the grow

doams

was vaping on this durban poison for few weeks now daily 24/7.
there is kinda potency difference between lower buds and main colas.
vaping from colas get me so high that I dont need anymore! after 10min.
vaping from lower buds I get similar high but it takes 20 min.

had to take a beak for 1day yesteday coz it was messing up my sleeping patterns like eating whole chocolate bar with salty chips @4AM in the middle of night and playing video games..
could not sleep at all etc.

durban could be very very strong energetic head high not good for sleep.
but it looks like I am back on the durban train now..
1 day break is a good thing from time to time.

durban gives plenty of energy but after weeks I get tired of that too much energy.
anyway vaping just 1 strain all the time is not that fun better to have something different in jars too..

maybe some white widow would do..
:D

Latest posts

Latest posts