What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dude,where are my buds??!

Blaz3

Hey KnfieWrench..hey look man,I got enough shit in my lfie..I dont need to be getting into arguments on online forums..so I apologize for acting like an asshole..I should have kept my sense of humor but I've been in a bad mood lately..so your comment made me lash out..

I just registered like a week ago..I dont want to start out as an asshole..so I apologize for lashing out..and if I sounded like a knowitall...and believe me I do take suggestions man,arrogance is not a word in my dictionary at all trust me

So we'll let bygones be bygones,cool?..Ill even leave some good rep for you since you handled this like a gentleman...I''l try and stay with a sense of humor from now on during my visit to Icmag. thanks guys

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blaz3,

well dank frank knows his shit and is one of the most well respected people here; he is also very respectful to people who deserve it, even when he disagrees with them.

and I would recommend that you begin to idealize his understanding and methodology for growing long before i would recommend the likes of Jorge, Arjan, Ed Rosenthal and others... Jorge seems like a nice person but none of them really know squat about the cannabis plant and especially when it comes to what constitutes High quality in cannabis and cannabis strains.

No offense , you can get the very best info here for free... do you feel that since you paid for the information contained within those books, that, in some way validates the information for you?

Oh Btw; its normal for plants, especially from seed, to take 2-3 weeks to begin forming proper budsets

peace,
Infi

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blaze3 - don't put any of us on a pedestal - certainly not me. TRUST ME - those that know me and have been around the block - know me to be just as a faulty human as any other... (but wow Infinitesimal - I'm more humbled by that than anything...I can only hope to live up to such an opinion - I couldn't ask for kinder words to be spoken...thank you.)

The problem is people think THEY grow the plant - that is not the case. The plant has a genetic predisposition to do ONE thing - SURVIVE. It grows all on it's own as a result of environmental stimuli.

As growers, we only provide stimuli - and the plant responds accordingly - presenting us with the very best genetic response it can, given the present stimuli -ALWAYS.

The plant is NEVER under performing or not growing properly - IT ALWAYS allows for the expressions to surface that will allow it to survive - only we can do a very poor job of giving the PROPER inputs. With a poly-hybrid - which nearly ALL cannabis is now - with the exception of but a few - the genetic information contained within can literally give rise to millions of expressions.

Think of the plant as tool for measuring or evaluating input / data - given stimuli A - plant did B.

You only have control over two specific environments - the environment surrounding the root zone and the environment surrounding the foliage.

IF you control / fulfill properly the parameters within these two environments - the plants will respond with the very best genetic information they posses....as opposed to adapting and trying to survive within an anomaly.

Do not try to grow the plant - learn to fine tune your environments - and let the plant express itself for what it is - let the PLANT teach you what it needs.

As you stated yourself Blaze3 - THIS is the difference between reading and studying and hands on experience.

Trust me - if I am wrong on something - there are members here that will make a post to correct me - and it has done nothing but make me a better farmer. Most of us cannabis growers know more about soil and farming than 90% of the commercial farmers producing our food supply...all they know to do is read the back of a bottle and hope it works... Some of us cannabis growers are kinda stuck there too...but we don't have to be - we have ICmag!!

Cheers mate - don't get discouraged or frustrated - keep asking questions - keep learning - and most definitely - keeping overgrowing!!!

The old saying is true - The more I learn, the more I realize I truly know nothing. It is a lifetime - there is no plateau.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but Arjan atleast is makin' a couple grand while growing and selling seeds,so he knows atleast something about cananbis.

And this comment I can not accept - the amount of money you make has ZERO to do with knowledge, passion, commitment, or HEART.

I'm not bad mouthing Arjan - I've actually had a few talks with Jack@GH that have softened my heart a bit towards the fellows there - and trust me - I've been VERY outspoken about said operation.

But that statement as a basis for following - would have lead you to invest in Enron - or get scammed by Madoff - or to become a Nazi - or grow Monsanto soy and corn....

I know, I know - extreme examples - but when talking on principle - it is the extremes that bring to clear light a given fallacy...

AND I AM NOT COMPARING GHS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE....

dank.Frank

maryjanesdad

he's done EXTENSIVE research guys... 36 hours of darkness is just an advanced cultivation method you clowns have never heard of, its called hard mode.

I have heard of others doing this. not 36 hrs, but prior to going into the bloom room i have heard plants being in complete darkness for 24hrs. i think i tried it once when i first started growing because i was curious. nothing bad happened to my plants and i saw no benefit.

i reckon the 24hr dark period is to give the plants a preview of the change in light it will soon experience...what the hell do i know?

tgif

So ... any female pistils yet?

Advanced growing techniques versus mother nature, personally I try to emulate what would happen in nature during an indoor grow.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yo! DF

Yo! DF

man..I TRY to be humble and respectful..and STILL I get idiots responding on my threads with stupid remarks..

blaze had made this comment directly following a helpful post of yours; and though he initially was responding to knifewrench, who I think was just have fun teasing the new guy a little bit but didn't mean anything personal, he ended with this general remark regarding "Idiots"... I thought he was referring to you checking him on Jorge and Arjan and figured I should let him know a little who he's conversing with.
Blaze3 - don't put any of us on a pedestal - certainly not me. TRUST ME - those that know me and have been around the block - know me to be just as a faulty human as any other...
Don't let the new handle fool yea :biggrin:, but for sure we all fall short of perfection... and I know I've shown my ass :moon: in a thread or two over the years.

No pedestal, though I do admire those that objectively work to improve upon their craft as well as those that pursue knowledge.

there are a bunch of tremendous growers/photographers here, Phillthy, Unclefishstick, 40 Ampstofreedom, August west, PuReKnOwLeDgE, your self and many many more that I can't think of off the top of my head.EDIT: I'm a Really big fan of The Pablos PPP thread, can't forget that one

but also I don't think Ive read a cannabis related post by you that I didn't agree with, learn something from, or at least contemplate the possibility of.

(but wow Infinitesimal - I'm more humbled by that than anything...I can only hope to live up to such an opinion - I couldn't ask for kinder words to be spoken...thank you.)

I mean them, if Blaz3 pursues a comprehensive understanding of the plant and chooses a natural method of growing and propagating future generations... he will have no trouble; granted there are likely countless a number of folks here who could teach him these lessons... point still being... learn from the good people here who all have a passion for the plant and will teach from a place of experience rather than a motive for profits.

much respect Dank Frank,
Peace
Infi

DarthFader1

Veteran
Blaze3 - don't put any of us on a pedestal - certainly not me. TRUST ME - those that know me and have been around the block - know me to be just as a faulty human as any other... (but wow Infinitesimal - I'm more humbled by that than anything...I can only hope to live up to such an opinion - I couldn't ask for kinder words to be spoken...thank you.)

The problem is people think THEY grow the plant - that is not the case. The plant has a genetic predisposition to do ONE thing - SURVIVE. It grows all on it's own as a result of environmental stimuli.

As growers, we only provide stimuli - and the plant responds accordingly - presenting us with the very best genetic response it can, given the present stimuli -ALWAYS.

The plant is NEVER under performing or not growing properly - IT ALWAYS allows for the expressions to surface that will allow it to survive - only we can do a very poor job of giving the PROPER inputs. With a poly-hybrid - which nearly ALL cannabis is now - with the exception of but a few - the genetic information contained within can literally give rise to millions of expressions.

Think of the plant as tool for measuring or evaluating input / data - given stimuli A - plant did B.

You only have control over two specific environments - the environment surrounding the root zone and the environment surrounding the foliage.

IF you control / fulfill properly the parameters within these two environments - the plants will respond with the very best genetic information they posses....as opposed to adapting and trying to survive within an anomaly.

Do not try to grow the plant - learn to fine tune your environments - and let the plant express itself for what it is - let the PLANT teach you what it needs.

As you stated yourself Blaze3 - THIS is the difference between reading and studying and hands on experience.

Trust me - if I am wrong on something - there are members here that will make a post to correct me - and it has done nothing but make me a better farmer. Most of us cannabis growers know more about soil and farming than 90% of the commercial farmers producing our food supply...all they know to do is read the back of a bottle and hope it works... Some of us cannabis growers are kinda stuck there too...but we don't have to be - we have ICmag!!

Cheers mate - don't get discouraged or frustrated - keep asking questions - keep learning - and most definitely - keeping overgrowing!!!

The old saying is true - The more I learn, the more I realize I truly know nothing. It is a lifetime - there is no plateau.

dank.Frank

Wow, really great post, thanks dank!

In response to OP's 36 hour thingy, does nature turn the sun off when you enter flower?

Keep it simple bro, and hang around here if you cannot learn the ways from this site your doomed imo

All the best!~
Darth:watchplant::watchplant::watchplant:

P.S Patience young grasshopper

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Unless you have some light leaks...or other environmental issues....you are growing from seed...so this is completely normal. You have to wait until sexual maturity....and this is what is going on. If you were growing from clone..than I think you would have a problem...but not from seed. At least that is my experience.

Cheers

TpM

Blaz3

hey guys..thanks for all the positive input..and once again I'd like to apologize for my behavior yesterday..too everybody not just K.W....I realize now that it was just a joke,man I feel like an idiot

I havn't checked the pistils yet,but I will in a bit..I did see that my two suspected males' "colas" have gotten bigger...

About the 36h darkness..well its supposed to cause a buildup of certain hormones that get "broken down" when lighth comes back on....its this hormone that is supposed to cause flowering...I believe we should NOT try to copy nature..If we were to copy nature..we'd be growing in soil,with no nutrients..no amendments..just backyard soil,in pots...no hydro,nutrients,supplements,NOTHING..we would not top,fim,or lst...

And no,the "idiots replying to my threads" was not about DankFrank..I respect D.R for me to write that..it was directed only to KnifeWrench[sorry lol[....

Dank was one of the first people to give me a rep point,and hes a very well respected grower..so no Im not about to start calling him an idiot..

And about the Jorge Cervantes,ARjan shit..I have not even read..let alone buy..any of the "grow books"....the only book Iv ever read on growing..was when I was very young,at the library,reading books on how to grow vegetables and herbs...and the uses of different herbs...

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
yup, 36 hours of darkness = culprit of any delayed growth.

light = food for plants.

and like someone else already wisely said, indoor growing tries to emulate outdoor light cycles. no time in nature in a proper latitude where growing outdoors is possible is there anything as 24 hours of darkness, let alone 36!

just don't do this again and do not teach it to anyone else, and if you already have, correct them please!!!!!

be patient now, is all you can do.

much good luck and peace!

DarthFader1

Veteran
hey guys..thanks for all the positive input..and once again I'd like to apologize for my behavior yesterday..too everybody not just K.W....I realize now that it was just a joke,man I feel like an idiot

I havn't checked the pistils yet,but I will in a bit..I did see that my two suspected males' "colas" have gotten bigger...

About the 36h darkness..well its supposed to cause a buildup of certain hormones that get "broken down" when lighth comes back on....its this hormone that is supposed to cause flowering...I believe we should NOT try to copy nature..If we were to copy nature..we'd be growing in soil,with no nutrients..no amendments..just backyard soil,in pots...no hydro,nutrients,supplements,NOTHING..we would not top,fim,or lst...

And no,the "idiots replying to my threads" was not about DankFrank..I respect D.R for me to write that..it was directed only to KnifeWrench[sorry lol[....

Dank was one of the first people to give me a rep point,and hes a very well respected grower..so no Im not about to start calling him an idiot..

And about the Jorge Cervantes,ARjan shit..I have not even read..let alone buy..any of the "grow books"....the only book Iv ever read on growing..was when I was very young,at the library,reading books on how to grow vegetables and herbs...and the uses of different herbs...

picture.php

Probably should have highlighted the entire statement. Wow just wow.

P.S Does nature supply the pots for your backyard homie?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
not from me man, I was just trying to cement the fact that the whole dark-period before flipping lights to flower is a myth and can actually weaken your ladies.

hoping you the best of luck and a beautiful harvest!

peace!

Blaz3

Lol..Bombadill I didnt mean you man..left your some rep..as for the plants..their showing pistils..slowly but surely..

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
this thread was like rough sex....

i gotta say, that you most likely won't see gender expression until the 4th week (from seed) when the petioles are no longer opposite each other (forgot what it's called....alternating to spiraling), this is when the preflowers appear and gender expresses.

if you vegged 3 weeks, then normally you should see preflowers after a week in flo...but you did something unnatural by depriving them of their clocks (sunlight!!!) and this is the cause of the delay.

it's still up to you to determine whether you were premature (think anxious... a major noob distinction) or that you had finally after 4 or 5 grows attained enough experience to recognize all the traits cannabis will display.

...to your advantage you did apologize.

find your place here among the ganja greats...you will learn amazing things.

peace:ying: