What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dude,where are my buds??!

Blaz3

Hey guys..sorry for the PAINFULLY noob question..I know sometimes answering noob questions is a bit frustrating..

So Im currently in my 4-5 grow [I forget]...I have ak48's..ko kushes..and Herijuanas under a 400hps...they were vegged for 21 days..then put in 36h darkness..then 12/12...

In my first week of 12/12..I found and killed 4 males....the thing is Im at day 12 of 12/12..and I still have no pistils..let alone buds forming...I DID seed a small pistil on a plant yesterday..but so far all I see are tiny preflowers without even pistils..

I think I mighth have 2 more males,and they have already little "buds" in the top shoots..but theyr males..so how come my females havnt shown?

I know by now I should atleast have SOME pistils...what do you guys think..am I being impateint?..whats the longest you guys have waited to see pistils forming??These are supposed to be very early finishers...7-8 weeks..

greenpinky

Got to wait for the plant to reach sexual maturity. Some longer then others but I'm not into the 36hr of darkness either. Good luck

Blaz3

Got to wait for the plant to reach sexual maturity. Some longer then others but I'm not into the 36hr of darkness either. Good luck

Iv grown ak48 before..and it started flowering much faster..and the veg times was also 21 days..and they were STRESSED..whya rent these blooming

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who told you 36 hours of darkness before flipping?!?

I go from 24hr right to 12/12 - the difference? One side of a door vs the other....

dank.Frank

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
where's your buds, dude?

Gotta wait man. I wouldn't do that 36 hour thing again. That can stress them maybe idk

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well - quit following "wives tales" - and start following FACT and PROVEN biological response...

In other words - keep posting - keep asking - and we'll keep teaching! ;)

dank.Frank

greenpinky

Iv grown ak48 before..and it started flowering much faster..and the veg times was also 21 days..and they were STRESSED..whya rent these blooming

I forget every seed is the same. Bro no 2 seeds are alike.there are differences in every seed. No way to know for sure. But at least be open to advise if ur going to ask for it

Blaz3

Where is da bud
We lookin' for da bud
Where is da bud
We lookin' for da bud

No I know that no seeds are alike..even for stable IBL'S...but I have done this method,sometimes with 24h dark..sometime 36...and the plants have shown sex the first week..by week 2 there were flower formations..

Iv done EXTENSIVE reading on cannabis cultivation,breeding,harvesting,etc...Iv been reading for well over 5 years nonstop..every single day learning new things...with that being said,I def lack the actual EXPERIENCE of growing it,and we all know that you can read all you want,but doing it is another topic.

I admit,my first reaction was lighthleaks..but I have checked for lighthleaks twice..and even IF there were lighthleaks..all that runs in the room where the closet is is my computer..no brighthlighths...no tv...just a computer..so I really doubt the lighth leak suggestion..

Ofcourse I'll keep waitin'....I just am not the most patient individual in our planet,thus Im gettin' worried that after 12 days 12/12..I see no pistils..

AND just a FIY...those little "tarp zippers" SUCK BADLY..they allow plenty of lighth in..so for those looking to buy one..DONT..use velcro..

All my past grows have been very ghetto,since I lack the funds to setup a PROPER badass grow environment..so for now I use a black trashbag over the zipper..

he's done EXTENSIVE research guys... 36 hours of darkness is just an advanced cultivation method you clowns have never heard of, its called hard mode.

Blaz3

he's done EXTENSIVE research guys... 36 hours of darkness is just an advanced cultivation method you clowns have never heard of, its called hard mode.

Uhh yeah man...whats with the..uhh..mocking??Why mock me?..Iv been cool and humble..I dont understand why the ridicule..I never claimed am an expert,in fact I've called myself a noob..I just said I have done extensive reading on the subject...for almost 5 years day in and day out,Iv read,always humble...always ready for advise from more experienced growers..so once again,whats with the mocking man?

As far as the 24-36h darkness before flowering thing..Im sure its not the first time you guys have heard of this..and its far from a "wives tale"....it's been suggested on multiple forums,for a few years now...that placing a plant in complete darkness for 24-48h before 12/12..can cause a buildup of the plant's "dark" hormones...thus causing a faster and more aggresive blooming response...It's been backed by a couple veteran growers...so its not just noobs spreading rumors..

Dr.greenthumb has the suggestion:

þWhen flowered at a cutting height of 12"
(with 36 hour dark period at onset)

I also believe Jorge Cervantes mentioned it..and GHS Arjan also..for helping long flowering sativas bloom faster?..not 100% sure on this,but I mighth have read it,while I was "extensively" researching it..

Uhh yeah man...whats with the..uhh..mocking??Why mock me?..Iv been cool and humble..I dont understand why the ridicule..I never claimed am an expert,in fact I've called myself a noob..I just said I have done extensive reading on the subject...for almost 5 years day in and day out,Iv read,always humble...always ready for advise from more experienced growers..so once again,whats with the mocking man?

As far as the 24-36h darkness before flowering thing..Im sure its not the first time you guys have heard of this..and its far from a "wives tale"....it's been suggested on multiple forums,for a few years now...that placing a plant in complete darkness for 24-48h before 12/12..can cause a buildup of the plant's "dark" hormones...thus causing a faster and more aggresive blooming response...It's been backed by a couple veteran growers...so its not just noobs spreading rumors..

Dr.greenthumb has the suggestion:

þWhen flowered at a cutting height of 12"
(with 36 hour dark period at onset)

I also believe Jorge Cervantes mentioned it..and GHS Arjan also..for helping long flowering sativas bloom faster?..not 100% sure on this,but I mighth have read it,while I was "extensively" researching it..

if you think youve been cool and humble you seriously lack self awareness, re-read what youve posted

to the part that's in red
black-guys-laughing.gif

forget everything you think you know but if you dont want to do that because of all the EXTENSIVE research you've done already just know that you will be on jorges' level sooner than you think:biggrin:

Z

Ziggaro

We've heard of the 36 hours thing but we just don't do it. You can start seeing the bud forming after about a week on a 10 week strain--thats IF you are patient and wait until the plants show preflowers and alternating nodes.
You can probably put it into flower earlier but it causes stretch IME. The plant flowers on it's time table, not yours!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sorry - but KW - if this was a comedy club - bro - I'd be giving you a standing ovation right now....

The hard mode -

THAT .GIF

Tears in my eyes....

Truly funny stuff.

AND YES - problem is that the folks you are learning from - aren't exactly scientists. Sure, they've been doing it a long time - but take a quick journey through the organic forums - and you'll see how often the MYTHS these folks have spread are the butt of many a joke.

As I said - keep posting - keep asking - and ICMAG - will set you straight.

Don't get offended - at this point - you honestly need to kinda laugh at yourself. It isn't your fault what you read isn't accurate - but IT IS YOUR FAULT that once you put into practice said methods - and DON'T get the results you expect, that you don't begin to seriously question the information that you have taken in...

I'm not saying these guys spread these myths intentionally - they shared OBSERVATION - not proven biological science. They tried to mystify cannabis as some fairy dust and rhino horn magical energies needed - and it just isn't like that.

It is a plant. You want to grow better - read a biology text book. Understand what forces of nature ALL plants are subject to - and then apply that to your garden.

Sorry - don't think anyone intends to offend you...but honestly - ask, then LISTEN...

dank.Frank

Blaz3

Knife Wrench..Im well aware of what people think of Jorge Cervantes and Arjan..believe me Im not some fan of either of them..but Arjan atleast is makin' a couple grand while growing and selling seeds,so he knows atleast something about cananbis..hes not just sittin' on his ass on the computer tryin' to look like a smartass by making fun of a new grower's humble question...

Im sorry if it looks thats I'm being a knowitall..but am fed up of guys like you jumping all over people cus you got some rep points and have grown weed for a while..obviosly you cant grow class...as proven by your childish response with the cute little moving .gif

what cus am a new grower,i dont get respected?....go make fun of some of the vet growers..am sure thell make you feel like an ass,and you wont like it,so why do onto others??...

see,now youv gone ahead and made this into a stupid pissin' contest...but like i said,just cus am new doesnt mean i back down.

man..I TRY to be humble and respectful..and STILL I get idiots responding on my threads with stupid remarks..

Latest posts

Latest posts