What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Extensive discussion of "dudding" in the Broad Mite thread.
After that experience, I will never grow without aspirin in the rez.........'cause that helps to prevent "dudding", at least the broad mite kind. What's going on here may very well be something different. We won't know until someone sends some "dudded" material to a lab and has it assayed.

asprin has been found to be carcinogenic recently. I defo would research that a little.

here is my experience

small leaves
woody stems that smell, can't you smell that smell? if you know a dud you know that smell
whole branches "fall out of socket"
affected branches look weeks behind other branches and they are full of white hairs
the plant will shoot out tons of small branches, a space that would see a few sees hundreds, on big plants
finished buds are very orange in color and smell of hay
not the whole plant will be affected, it seems that part of the root mass gets sick and then the parts of the plant that part of the mass feeds gets "sick"
Also branches not directly under the hood seem to not be affected

it's really a fucking mess, and honestly, the clone shops in Cali are responsible for most of this mess, I know that we got some funky shit from So Cali

Fusarium and Verticillium

Gawd help you that you never know these beasts
I do know that the bud smells like some hedge plant straight outa someones garden
DUDs have been around since long before the last LA cup

PO specializes in handing them out

I heard that about aids too... seriously these kinda rumours are pretty daft. theres not really any proof these come from po. in all fairness many of them smoke greenery themselves along with many other reasons why I doubt its true.

Out On Bail

asprin has been found to be carcinogenic recently. I defo would research that a little.

aspirin has been shown to be anti- cancerous
http://bigthink.com/devil-in-the-data/the-ten-cent-cancer-cure

over 20,000 articles on aspirin and its anti cancerous properties.
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...a=X&ei=HQyBU8S6CY2IogTh8YKYDQ&ved=0CCYQgQMwAA

I heard that about aids too... seriously these kinda rumours are pretty daft. theres not really any proof these come from po. in all fairness many of them smoke greenery themselves along with many other reasons why I doubt its true.

If your truly in the UK your on the wrong side of the pond to claim you know anything about PO passing out bm cuts. They have had employees quit working at their establishment for continuing to pass out bad cuts after they notified them about the problem.

RetroGrow

Veteran

That's complete rubbish!
Actually, the opposite is true. Aspirin has strong anti-carcinogenic properties.
Maybe YOU need to do some research.
I'll make it simple for you. The following doctors sing the praises of aspirin for it's cancer fighting properties:
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology,
Three European studies published in Lancet analyzed

more than 50 studies on aspirin and cancer and

confirmed that taking a daily aspirin for at least

three years reduces one’s risk of developing

cancers. Those who did develop cancer tended to have

less severe cases. The evidence is especially strong

for preventing colon cancer; however, there is also

compelling evidence for lung, pancreatic, and

esophageal cancers. It’s quite possible that the

cancer benefits comes from the aspirin-induced

reduction in overall inflammation.
http://www.sharecare.com/health/aspirin/can-

Michael Roizen, MD, Internal Medicine, answered
Taking aspirin (see dose below) every day not only

helps prevent various forms of cancer, including

colon cancer, brain cancer, lung cancer, and

pancreatic cancer, it also slows the potential

spread of cancer to other parts the body (a process

called metastasis). Two major meta-studies found

that low-dose aspirin reduces the incidence of colon

cancer and gastrointestinal cancer by almost 40%,

and reduces the risk of all cancers spreading by 35%

to 40%.

This news comes after a close look at more than

100,000 people in a whole roster of studies and adds

to the already good heart- and brain-health news

(aspirin reduces the risk of heart attack and

stroke) that has me taking 160 milligrams of aspirin

every day -- always with half a glass of warm water

before and after to help protect against aspirin's

possible negative side effects, including stomach

bleeding. That dose is half a standard 325 mg

aspirin. Remember to always check with your doctor

or pharmacist before taking a daily aspirin to see

if it's the smart move for you, and to find out what

dose you should take.

Clifford Bassett, Allergy & Immunology, answered
Researchers at Oxford University released findings

about more than 20,000 patients from the UK who took

a small daily dose of aspirin. They had a 25%

reduction in their risk of dying from cancer, and a

drop in death rates from any cause by 10%! One of

the researchers also said that this study might have

"underestimated" the number of deaths, if studied

for a longer period of time. The risk of dying from

cancer was reduced by 20% over 2 decades. The

cancers that had the biggest drop included

intestinal or colon cancer, lung cancer, prostate

cancer and cancers of the esophagus.

Numerous other articles about the cancer fighting properties of aspirin can be found.

Why Aspirin Can Prevent Cancer
http://www.realnatural.org/why-aspirin-prevents
cancer/

grow nerd

Veteran
Wow, I'm glad to see this thread confirming all my suspicions over the years. I've battled this issue for a few years, growing clones that I purchased from private nurseries. The way I've always dealt with it was purchase 2x as many clones as I plan on flowering, veg them out 'til space runs out and the duds are identified, and get rid of the duds. When running something like 99 plants per site, it can be quite a hassle to buy, transplant, and care for an extra 100 plants.

Here's one dud I got recently, Blue Dream from Harborside. I think I picked up 4, and at least 2 were duds. This one was positively identified as a dud long before I began to completely neglect it, so it looks worse than it could, but not like it even matters. Right now its' sole purpose is to serve as an experiment to see whether this strain vegged indoors 24/0 will flower if put outdoors mid-May. The other dud is in a compost pile somewhere, right where it belongs.

IMO it seems much easier to identify the "dud vibes" in-person...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
That's complete rubbish!
Actually, the opposite is true. Aspirin has strong anti-carcinogenic properties.
Maybe YOU need to do some research.
I'll make it simple for you. The following doctors sing the praises of aspirin for it's cancer fighting properties:
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology,
Three European studies published in Lancet analyzed

/

found the article release by the US-based National Cancer Institute.. I don't honestly mind eitherway because I don't use aspirin, just pointing out what ive seen on the news. this was also broad cast on tv, that's where I saw it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-205490/Asprin-link-cancer-risk.html

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/96/7/524.long

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
If your truly in the UK your on the wrong side of the pond to claim you know anything about PO passing out bm cuts. They have had employees quit working at their establishment for continuing to pass out bad cuts after they notified them about the problem.

is there any proof of this? and another thing.. if this is true wouldn't they would be putting agriculture at risk as well which surely is against the establishments intentions?

grow nerd

Veteran
So, for soil... 325mg aspirin (or half of that?) per gallon of water? Every watering, once a week, or what?

RetroGrow

Veteran
is there any proof of this? and another thing.. if this is true wouldn't they would be putting agriculture at risk as well which surely is against the establishments intentions?

It's common knowledge in California that Progressive Options has been passing out infected cuts for years. In fact, it's so bad, that they have made their broad mites Forbid resistant, so they are actually manufacturing worse pests. They know full well what they are doing, yet continue to do it, despite protests from many including employees. They just don't care, and their "carelessness" makes me wonder if they are not a DEA front. After all, they have done more destruction to our crops than the DEA ever did. Even walking into that place puts you at risk of "infection". Don't know why people continue to go there.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
It's common knowledge in California that Progressive Options has been passing out infected cuts for years. In fact, it's so bad, that they have made their broad mites Forbid resistant, so they are actually manufacturing worse pests. They know full well what they are doing, yet continue to do it, despite protests from many including employees. They just don't care, and their "carelessness" makes me wonder if they are not a DEA front. After all, they have done more destruction to our crops than the DEA ever did. Even walking into that place puts you at risk of "infection". Don't know why people continue to go there.

That is a scary aspect of legalization(resistance). How many of you Cali guys have tried predator mites with these resistant bugs? I have had good luck with predators, but up here in Canada the only serious bugs I see are spider mites and thrips. I am not sure if broad mites come up this north? Predators are an awesome natural control for bugs, and resistant broad mites would make a great meal for them! HA I hate Cannabis pests!

grow nerd

Veteran
It's common knowledge in California that Progressive Options has been passing out infected cuts for years.

When I lived in SoCal back in 2010, I remember getting a bunch of dud clones from PO. If I remember correctly, I believe they were in Van Nuys at the time.

Is it possible to have a successful grow using aspirin with infected clones from PO?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I appreciate what PO has done for the game.

Keeping lazy growers and people who want something for nothing down deserves a donation from all serious growers who are about their shit!

RetroGrow

Veteran
I appreciate what PO has done for the game.

Keeping lazy growers and people who want something for nothing down deserves a donation from all serious growers who are about their shit!

In other words, they are culling your competition.
Exactly why I believe this is going on.

grow nerd

Veteran
Never grown it myself, but every instance I've seen of TW being grown, it was a real viney-stemmed plant with a lot of dud traits in the stems. Maybe I just saw the wrong TW cuts, or infected TW cuts, or is just about every TW cut out there infected?

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran

Lol po is a dispensary? I thought everyone was talking about the police. Maybe its a uk term idk.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Haha.. Sifted, That's Po-Po..! I wondered too, until I read on, being a NorCal Dude, no knowledge of Socal.

BM's and Dudding will separate the responsible growers from the Others. Talk about looking at it on the bright side.

I was filled with dread a few months ago, when "confabbing" with the ONLY person I knew who took the threat seriously, out of the people I help at a VERY SLOW Hydro Shop - a front actually.

We have tackled the problem, my next generation apperars to be 90% - 99% free of obvious BM damage.

I KNOW what to look for after the two Wipeouts these F*ers have dealt Me, in Two states. I will no longer accept any new plants into My Grow. I love the Trip-D, enough for now. The 3 Ultimix Moms I started from seed were BM Magnets. Seedlings are Very vulnerable to BM attack.
I eventually tossed the Seed Moms, except for one that I am flowering out. It's just OK.

Dudding - To be sure, it Eliminates the competition, although the effects have not yet been felt Here - largely because people STILL do not understand what's going on. Even in the face of failure, the due diligence is not done. I have informed a couple big dispensaries, they DO pay attention. They know Me, and My Resume.

One Dude blamed it on over use of the additive GRAVITY. "It wiped out My whole Crop...!"
Me: "Don't think so, Big Gnarly Macho Bully Football Player Guy.

Then He Blamed it on the Grow Shop. But, gets his clones shipped out from CA originally purchased from Harborside. I informed Him that THAT may be his problem, right there..

"Face it, Big Guy, You may be 6'9", and well-used to getting Your way - but You've been humbled by an organism 1/150". Might wanna consider a Day-Job, A-Hat...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
grow nerd,

I think the only duds are the growers attempting to tend the plants!

Trainwreck is a fucking BEAST!

She has been for 20 years!!!

Keep an eye on the pics I throw up to see how non dud it is!

grow nerd

Veteran
grow nerd,

I think the only duds are the growers attempting to tend the plants!

Trainwreck is a fucking BEAST!

She has been for 20 years!!!

Keep an eye on the pics I throw up to see how non dud it is!

Are you saying it's grower error or incompetence most of the time that results in what I described of the TW? Unless it has very different growing requirements, I can't easily see how that could be, although it's not impossible that just about everyone fucked up growing the TW when they did at least a decent job with just about every other strain?

Or are you saying they're duds for even trying to grow out such an infected cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts