What's new

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

nickman

Veteran
So...….that Glue batch. The ballast that runs the light over them. It was fucked the first 5 almost 6 weeks . They came out decent regardless, but I can only imagine how awesome they would have been, if the ballast worked right from the start.

Next in the seed plant que, I have some Deadhead OG F2's , Stardawg IX F2's, Triangle Kush Cookies x Polynesian Cookie Haze and some of Melty's Maine Super Skunk x Stardawg IX . Won't be long and they'll be showing sex.

I did just start some more seeds too, lol. Got some testers from People Under The Stairs. Ghost OG x 4DD and Chem D S1#2 x 4DD. I popped the Ghost hybrid , all 10 are above soil. I had planted 2 Cherry Rider, only one made it. Then 3 Poodle Nuts x Raspberry Moonshine, and 3 Cuban Black Haze x NL5 F2's.

Side note for those popping NLD/NLD hybrids. I once read that NLD(sativa) seeds take longer to germinate. Well IME they do. The CBH x NL5 F2's took a good 3-4 days longer to pop above soil, compared to the Ghost hybrid.

In other news.....seems like Phylos took everyone. They are starting their own "breeding program" . Something they outright said they were not gonna do. Ton's of guys over at Insta are fucking pissed off. News just came out, so we'll see how things come out in the wash. But they sure did hit a stroke of genius getting everyone to send their cuts in for "testing". Do I agree with it, no. But gotta hand it to them, they had people paying them to take their cuts, lol.

Nice, I’ve got some (Maine Super Skunk x LIOS bx) made by Melty and another ic member... the same Long Island Old School that Karma used in his Old Scratch...
hopefully they’ll pop when the time comes...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Nice, I’ve got some (Maine Super Skunk x LIOS bx) made by Melty and another ic member... the same Long Island Old School that Karma used in his Old Scratch...
hopefully they’ll pop when the time comes...

I have some of his Sour/SFV F2's as well. From two different mothers. I started a couple this past winter, but they were both males. He makes killer gear. I'm just happy to be able to try it.

That hybrid you have sounds killer. I bet you get some old school skunky smelling stuff.

LostTribe

Premium user
So...….that Glue batch. The ballast that runs the light over them. It was fucked the first 5 almost 6 weeks . They came out decent regardless, but I can only imagine how awesome they would have been, if the ballast worked right from the start.

Next in the seed plant que, I have some Deadhead OG F2's , Stardawg IX F2's, Triangle Kush Cookies x Polynesian Cookie Haze and some of Melty's Maine Super Skunk x Stardawg IX . Won't be long and they'll be showing sex.

I did just start some more seeds too, lol. Got some testers from People Under The Stairs. Ghost OG x 4DD and Chem D S1#2 x 4DD. I popped the Ghost hybrid , all 10 are above soil. I had planted 2 Cherry Rider, only one made it. Then 3 Poodle Nuts x Raspberry Moonshine, and 3 Cuban Black Haze x NL5 F2's.

Side note for those popping NLD/NLD hybrids. I once read that NLD(sativa) seeds take longer to germinate. Well IME they do. The CBH x NL5 F2's took a good 3-4 days longer to pop above soil, compared to the Ghost hybrid.

In other news.....seems like Phylos took everyone. They are starting their own "breeding program" . Something they outright said they were not gonna do. Ton's of guys over at Insta are fucking pissed off. News just came out, so we'll see how things come out in the wash. But they sure did hit a stroke of genius getting everyone to send their cuts in for "testing". Do I agree with it, no. But gotta hand it to them, they had people paying them to take their cuts, lol.

I called BS on phylos from the jump it was completely obvious they were going to be able to totally screw everyone under the sun.

We'll see how they make out when Karma (not KG) comes back around on them....

scrogrow

Happy birthday gromie
Happy birthday gromie
Happy birthday dear dtog
Happy birthday to yoooooooooooou

Sorry about my singing

(personal joke but did you sing that in my accent?)

Americangrower

Veteran
I have some of his Sour/SFV F2's as well. From two different mothers. I started a couple this past winter, but they were both males. He makes killer gear. I'm just happy to be able to try it.

That hybrid you have sounds killer. I bet you get some old school skunky smelling stuff.

I just popped the 6 (MESS x Stardawg) x (ECSD x SFV) I was gifted by some mellow guy :biggrin: a cross he made from Melty's seeds.

Americangrower

Veteran
The Phylos thing if true would be pretty slick....people don’t send cuttings in so how would they copy the genes? I must be missing something? Tissue culture?

So this Phylos thing got me reading up on tissue culture and guess what can be used...Now I know why they wanted stems instead of leaves.
Dr. Tarek KapielCell and Tissue culture LAB MANUAL

CELL AND TISSUE CULTURE TECHNIQUES

V. SURFACE-STERILIZING PLANT MATERIAL 1.
2. Ethanol (or Isopropyl Alcohol)
Ethanol is a powerful sterilizing agent but also extremely phytotoxic. Therefore, plant material is typically exposed to it for only seconds or minutes. The more tender the tissue, the more it will be damaged by alcohol. Tissues such as dormant buds, seeds, or unopened flower buds can be treated for longer periods of time since the tissue that will be explanted or that will develop is actually within the structure that is being surface-sterilized. Generally 70% ethanol is used prior to treatment with other compounds.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
So this Phylos thing got me reading up on tissue culture and guess what can be used...Now I know why they wanted stems instead of leaves.

Then they go on to say the material sent isn't enough/right stuff to use for tissue culture. Few sentences later switch it back up and say the stuff sent in will be being used for genetics projects. But the original holders don't lose out on any rights or some bullshit. That's if I'm interpreting it correctly. Basically sounds like they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar. And now can't come up with excuses/justifications fast enough.

Goats

Then they go on to say the material sent isn't enough/right stuff to use for tissue culture. Few sentences later switch it back up and say the stuff sent in will be being used for genetics projects. But the original holders don't lose out on any rights or some bullshit. That's if I'm interpreting it correctly. Basically sounds like they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar. And now can't come up with excuses/justifications fast enough.

watch the most recent dunn show on youtube. he has mowgli on and the guy just puts his feet in his mouth over and over.

i didn't get to listen to the whole thing, but the parts i heard sounded like bullshit. he basically said they plan to grow bad weed, so it shouldn't be direct competition with other breeders lol. who plans to run a business based on intentionally breeding bad cannabis? total clown show.

edit - here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAzjsgNxxf8

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Anyways......here's a 4/20 pic dump. Birthday was a couple days ago. My sister got me this new bong.

picture.php

Wife got me the one on the top/right, I got the other two for myself.

picture.php

Then I found these papers..

picture.php

picture.php

Then a brother from another mother hooked me up with a baller pack of seeds. Afghan Kush x Platinum Fire OG

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
Phylos is a fokkin joke, all he did was talk bs on the show from what I listened to. I like how he said they aren't going to make 40 thc strains because that would be wrong. Like that moron could make a 40 thc plant from seed. He also said they were started a tissue clone store/business, guy is a fokkin thief.

In other news..
You should be going banana's on monday. lol

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Getting ready for work. Gonna bring this guy his first sample of Glue...ever. I can't wait to hear back from him after he smokes some, lol. He's getting some of the BX5. Which they came out almost like the cut. Won't have time for pics today. Nor tomorrow, gonna work 7a.m. to 8:30 p.m. tomorrow. Make up for taking 4/20 off. Plus I get holiday pay. So had the day off yesterday, and paycheck will still be a little fatter than usual.

EvergreenState

Nice birthday haul! I love the bong. Who's the maker of that bong and do you have a model name or number? I've been looking for one like that.