What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Had some seeds given to me. Super psyched to get these going. If any of you remember I had one of these like a year or so ago. Loved it. Really does smell/taste like Raspberry.

picture.php

picture.php

I just popped 5 of these last night. Face-Off OG BX2 x Designer OG . Designer OG = Topanga Kush x Face-Off OG BX . I can't put into words the excitement/expectations I have for these. Guy they came from said the Designer females were the best OG's he's ever run.

picture.php

Badfishy1

Had some seeds given to me. Super psyched to get these going. If any of you remember I had one of these like a year or so ago. Loved it. Really does smell/taste like Raspberry.

View Image

View Image

I just popped 5 of these last night. Face-Off OG BX2 x Designer OG . Designer OG = Topanga Kush x Face-Off OG BX . I can't put into words the excitement/expectations I have for these. Guy they came from said the Designer females were the best OG's he's ever run.

View Image

Good luck fam! Hope you find what you are looking for!

Mightyka

Veteran

View Image

The female in this cross wasn't Face-Off OG BX2. I used Face-Off OG (cdub cut).
Yeah and Designer OG females were best OGs from seeds I've run :D .
Hope they will be viable!

EDIT: Face-Off OG (cdub) x (Topanga PK x Face-Off OG bx)

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
The female in this cross wasn't Face-Off OG BX2. I used Face-Off OG (cdub cut).
Yeah and Designer OG females were best OGs from seeds I've run :D .
Hope they will be viable!

Ah.....thanks for that. Even better. I won't mix up the order of the parents now, lol.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Face Off x (Topanga x Face off Bx1) - correct? Could be interesting. :joint:

dank.Frank

I'm gonna go ahead and say, it's prolly gonna be some of the strongest shit ever, lol. The terms are confusing me/eluding me know. But I'm pretty sure Doc only ever sold Face-Off OG BX2 seeds. So I think these seeds are Face-Off OG BX2 IX ? Yeah? No ? Shit gets confusing sometimes, lol.

EDIT : Just did a little reading/researching. The Cdub is just plain Face-Off OG . So that's even better yet.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would be an F1 technically. First generation of this particular pairing. While it does repeat a parent, it does not do so consecutively, so it's not a Bx. It's not being crossed to a sibling from within the same generation, so it's not an F2, 3, 4 etc. It does not pair with a half-sibling, so it's not an Ix.

It's an F1, just utilizing a previous mother that is already in the mix, from how I read it.

dank.Frank

Aspenou812

Veteran
That shits too complacated.... How's she smoke Dtog.... If she lays you down for the count... Its fire

iTarzan

Someone should make more og strains. There isn't enough of them. If only there were more.

This thread has an epic flow of strains. It really does. DTOG is really killing it and then other people come along and show more primo buds. Then when you think you hit the top of the weed mountain DTOG starts talkin' FaceOff OG. LOL!

Flame on!!

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Someone should make more og strains. There isn't enough of them. If only there were more.

This thread has an epic flow of strains. It really does. DTOG is really killing it and then other people come along and show more primo buds. Then when you think you hit the top of the weed mountain DTOG starts talkin' FaceOff OG. LOL!

Flame on!!

That's one I could actually feel the sarcasm while reading it, lol. I know everyone and their brother is making OG hybrids. While most would say it's ruining things. I think it's making things better. At the least we're pushing the limits of what we can make the plant do. Breeding towards certain flavor profiles, or for maximum potency. I LOVE OG and always will.

While we're at it. I have some Mighty K x Deep Chunk plants(2 of them). They are just starting to get legs. I'm gonna flip them in the next batch. I mentioned them because the Mighty K is an OG hybrid that often looks and always has the OG smell. Excited to see what Deep Chunk adds to the Mighty K.

I also have some seeds of that Triangle OG x Deep Chunk. Prolly gonna pop a couple of them next seed pop. Always nice to have extra fem plants for the flip. And never know when might find something special.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm never against an OG. I've had access to several over the years. However, if it says, "OG" - it needs to be true to death an OG dominant strain.

One issue I have with the OG craze is the failure of breeders to actually work and customize their specific version of OG - as opposed to just making a quick cross with a known clone and calling what ever happens to surface "_______ OG".

Line bred OG work like what you just posted DTOG - is what there is PLENTY of room for and what there needs to be more of. But I'd agree. I'm tired of the hack a name OGs that surface by the dozens.

Next "true" OG seeds I try to germinate will be MeltingPot's Legend Bx1 - Legend OG x [Legend OG x (HA OG x SFV Bx1)] - I'm hoping they germinate.

dank.Frank

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I'm never against an OG. I've had access to several over the years. However, if it says, "OG" - it needs to be true to death an OG dominant strain.

One issue I have with the OG craze is the failure of breeders to actually work and customize their specific version of OG - as opposed to just making a quick cross with a known clone and calling what ever happens to surface "_______ OG".

Line bred OG work like what you just posted DTOG - is what there is PLENTY of room for and what there needs to be more of. But I'd agree. I'm tired of the hack a name OGs that surface by the dozens.

Next "true" OG seeds I try to germinate will be MeltingPot's Legend Bx1 - Legend OG x [Legend OG x (HA OG x SFV Bx1)] - I'm hoping they germinate.

dank.Frank

I'm gonna be doing just that. My plan is to make a line to find a male(s) to use to make my own OG line. So that's where I'm starting. I have a couple nice Tha Melon males. So gonna start there. Either True or Topanga , maybe both will get hit. Then go from there and start looking for a decent male(s).

Gonna be a lot of luck involved, as I'm gonna be working with extremely limited numbers. But at least I'll have fun doing it. Plus these days things are a lot easier. It's not really that hard to make killer hybrids. Because of all the work everyone else has already done. When you're starting with killer genetics, it's kind hard to fuck up, lol.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I'm gonna be doing just that. My plan is to make a line to find a male(s) to use to make my own OG line.

You have alot of potential in your genetics DTOG.

Plus these days things are a lot easier. It's not really that hard to make killer hybrids. Because of all the work everyone else has already done. When you're starting with killer genetics, it's kind hard to fuck up, lol.

This is why hype strains appear overnight from Instagram photos of one plant too, growers dont give a shit about stability anymore if the genetics are a conglomeration of already proven elites. Too few actual breeders and tons of clone only pollen chuckers.

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
This is why hype strains appear overnight from Instagram photos of one plant too, people dont give a shit about stability anymore if the genetics are a conglomeration of already proven elites.

Not just hype vars, but seed companies appearing out of thin air. Most recent I can think of, is a guy who had nothing this past October. Starts buying elites and all of a sudden has a seed company. Making S1's and elite on elite hybrids. Then pre-sale-ing them, with zero testing. With the exact statement you just said, "no need for testing, as the parents are proven cuts. Sad to see, but not surprising.

I'm kinda guilty of the same. I'll take a male I find from a seed pop and make seeds. Or pop a couple seeds, get a male and use him to make seeds. No selection at all. Difference is, I don't sell the seeds, lol. My selections happen over time. Sure I might have a bunch of males from a few different vars. But I select the male that looks/smells the best to me. Then cross him with a few females to find what combo works best.

Sure it's a super slow process. And I usually give most of the seeds away. But I have fun doing it. And I'm not taking advantage of others in the process. Not trying to brag either. Just saying how it is, and what I do. I realize not everyone shares the same views and that's ok. I just can't get behind anyone who's in it just for the money.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Not just hype vars, but seed companies appearing out of thin air. Most recent I can think of, is a guy who had nothing this past October. Starts buying elites and all of a sudden has a seed company. Making S1's and elite on elite hybrids. Then pre-sale-ing them, with zero testing. With the exact statement you just said, "no need for testing, as the parents are proven cuts. Sad to see, but not surprising.

Nothing wrong with doing some personal pollen chucking and seed/cut sharing at all. The example you gave hits the nail on the head perfectly exactly what I meant. Alot of people mention some elites having low-average yields but high quality, 20 years of being inbred to variations of themselves probably takes a huge shit on heterosis while retaining the selected traits.

If you have the patience DTOG why not stabilize a few of your own creations to F5, F6 or BX3 (like the OG line your planning on) and try making your own real vigorous hybrids/selling some seed? I mentioned something to Shcrews about it last year also, both of you have sound credibility and respect from here at Icmag.

Last edited: