What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
So anyways my plants have been taking longer than usual to finish lately. I have the lights at 11 on 13 off. Even with that, some are taking a full 2 weeks longer than usual. So I think it might be due to the fact that their dark period is often warmer than the lights on temps. I have my exhaust go off at lights out. Comes on like every 4 hours for 15 mins. Have the co2 genny and dehuey going at lights out for their extra heat.

So lights out temps have been low-mid 80's and the lights on it drops down to about 70-73 and stays there. So I'm gonna make some adjustments and see if I can reverse the lights on/lights off temps. Then I'll have a better understanding if that is what's causing the extra time to finish.

packerfan79

Veteran
I have been reading a little about using red light. You turn them on for 10 minutes when the rest of the lights turn off and they are running lights on 13 a day and finishing faster supposedly with better results. I hope to get these soon to try it for myself. https://www.leafly.com/products/details/grow-light-source-the-flower-initiator

I just picked up a far red flower initiator . I just need another timer. Hopefully I can cut down the flower time. The last crop went 11 weeks. This round I have a rental inspection around 10 weeks. I will post my experience with it if it's cool with DTOG.

@DTOG I have had issues with cold slowing down flowering. I had similar reverse temps also. Your temps are pretty good, considering you live in a cold climate. I am sure you will get it fixed.

U

useless.gardens

ive heard about the far red light. i hope it works & you guys post results. saving and hour or two across several flower lamps would actually pay for the far red fixtures in a short amount of time. definitely not paying $175 a unit, thats a joke. still, excited to see the results.

warm night temps definitely prolong your flower time & make airy flowers.

nuggets seem more dense & more frosty with lower night temps.

id turn off the co2 genny at night. see how that works with temps.

packerfan79

Veteran
ive heard about the far red light. i hope it works & you guys post results. saving and hour or two across several flower lamps would actually pay for the far red fixtures in a short amount of time. definitely not paying $175 a unit, thats a joke. still, excited to see the results.

warm night temps definitely prolong your flower time & make airy flowers.

nuggets seem more dense & more frosty with lower night temps.

id turn off the co2 genny at night. see how that works with temps.

I think you may be on to something with the co2 genny. Plants release unused co2 during lights out.

The initiator I got was 49 bucks with shipping. Says it covers 3 by 3. If you got a spare 12 volt adapter you can save 8 bucks. 8 bucks wasn't worth scouring the house for a spare 12 volt adapter.

Maybe we should start a new thread for the far red initiator. I don't want to clog up DTOG's bunny ranch.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Packer I just recently switched over from 1k hps to 2 630 cmh and it's cut my flower time down by 8 days so far. I just ran a tray of cookies and was able to chop at 62 I stead of my normal 70 due to ambering faster than normal.

U

useless.gardens

Check out rapidled
i did. thanks for the idea.

i want to grab two of those far red pucks & run them for 15 minutes after the lights go off.

gonna put them in the 4x3 (13/11 tent) which all plants will visit for their last 3-4 weeks of flower.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
It's just super weird. Cause I've been using Co2 almost as long as I've been growing. Never experienced this. I have dealt with almost every other prob that comes with using co2. Just not extended flower time. Tomorrow is my Friday at work. So tomorrow night I'll have extra time to dick around with stuff and adjust timers and my exhaust. Weather is supposed to warm right up too. So I won't have to have the co2 on during lights out at all.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I recently had a few of my tried and true 9 and 10 week strains finish in 11 and 12. And will no noticeable improvement in flavor or potency. I do run c02 but keep it around 800 ppm and not during the dark. Part of me thinks the plants know the ripening of the plants around them. In this case I had a few rp og kush and an og x chem of mine in next to a few 11 week headbangers and gmo. The very next harvest less than a month later. This time the same 2 strains but next to a 9 week headbanger and no gmo. And my flower times are right back where they have always been. I cannot think of any mystery variable and the only real difference I can think of is the plants next to them.

LostTribe

Premium user
So anyways my plants have been taking longer than usual to finish lately. I have the lights at 11 on 13 off. Even with that, some are taking a full 2 weeks longer than usual. So I think it might be due to the fact that their dark period is often warmer than the lights on temps. I have my exhaust go off at lights out. Comes on like every 4 hours for 15 mins. Have the co2 genny and dehuey going at lights out for their extra heat.

So lights out temps have been low-mid 80's and the lights on it drops down to about 70-73 and stays there. So I'm gonna make some adjustments and see if I can reverse the lights on/lights off temps. Then I'll have a better understanding if that is what's causing the extra time to finish.

Just finishing later or any other visual differences?

Anyway a few guys in the hydro forum were discussing issues with the burners, but related to deficiencies. Is it still burning pure blue color flame?

Are you on a timer or you running a ppm controller? Sealed or fresh air intake/exhaust? Your temps been constant?

LT

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Eh. I delete my PMs. That is what a memory is for. I only remember the important stuff at that. Besides, if for any reason my PC is ever taken, I don't want an inbox full of anything. Security first, always. This isn't even about personal security, it's about others security. That's a red flag, not just someone being petty.

Just saying.

dank.Frank

packerfan79

Veteran
If your burner isn't functioning correctly, you could have Carbon monoxide, instead of Co2. That might be the problem double. Maybe put a carbon monoxide detector, wouldn't be a bad idea for anyone running a burner.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Just finishing later or any other visual differences?

Anyway a few guys in the hydro forum were discussing issues with the burners, but related to deficiencies. Is it still burning pure blue color flame?

Are you on a timer or you running a ppm controller? Sealed or fresh air intake/exhaust? Your temps been constant?

LT

Blue Flame, always. I know about ethylene toxicity from incomplete combustion. I have fresh air that gets into the room, even though I try and keep it sealed. Which a little fresh air isn't bad at all. Co2 genny is on a timer. Usually have it come on every few hours for 15 mins.

I did just change things around last night. Co2 doesn't come on at all during lights out now. Also cut the lights back to 10 on 14 off. So we'll see how things go these next 7-10 days.

Miraculous Meds

Im guessing its your inverted day/night temp causing the problem as well.
Not sure if i caught everything but are you burning ng or lp? Lp definitely needs dumped/exhausted. If you have an exhaust set up, you can set it on a rh controller to dump moist air so the dehuey doesnt make it too hot in the room lights out. Or set the exhuast on a temp controler for when the dehuey makes the room too hot. Are you aiming for those low daytime temps?

Latest posts

Latest posts