What's new

Dry Ice Hash FTW!!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
3 shot glasses: That's typically going to equal 6 fluid ounces. I filled a 12 oz cup half way and it was about 10 grams. I got that much off of three dry ounces though, so his is probably better quality as that is all he claimed off of 1/2 lb of popcorn. Seems like there should have been more return? maybe just going for the gold :)

sifted thru a 110 bag, and sifted onto a small table.. table def toooo small as sure lost a lot onto the carpeting. know better for next time..

bs0

I doubt that you lost much... what you're seeing going over the edge of the table is just the dry ice gas...

mgk :tiphat:

he brought up a good point..
The very small resin particles do drift a bit.. especially when near a shaking bag. I used a 2'x3' glass picture frame on my kitchen floor.. and afterwards I'm pretty sure I could have just smoked my socks.

C

Chamba

for those who insist on shaking a screen bag over a glass surface and therefore let some of the goodness fly away

try this.....get your self a large cardboard box, cut the top and bottom off, place it on the glass table and then shake the bag containing plant material and dry ice inside the box..this will prevent fly-away loss...or better still, place the 125 ~ 140 micron bag containing the dry ice and plant material inside a 25 ~ 50 micron bag (make sure there's an inch or two gap between the two meshes) and then shake to your heart's content.

nappybutbald

Hands behind my back whistling dixie!!! All from Dry Ice Method!!!:rtfo:
DSC00956.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

HASH - BHO (VAC PURGE) - CANNABUTTER

nappybutbald

@MissGreenDreamz, the first two pics are compressed kief, the third and fifth pics are BHO vac purged and the fourth pic is cannabutter lol

nappybutbald

Depends on the strain of plant u use some will be green some will be brown some tan man there is a rainbow out there i've seen purple hash

bubbleman

Veteran
So far i have not been impressed with the quality of the dry ice method at all... it seems as though people are not understanding when you lose the water as your transfer chamber.. you end up with 80% contaminant in your final product that shouldnt be there..
Great for qauntity.. but a fatal blow to qaulity..
my two cents

Bubble man

Not sure if people are or aren't understanding in general... but they're trying to figure it out...If they're happy with it, then its worth having a thread to discuss it and tune it in.. I personally understand what you are saying...Again, not a fatal blow for those using it for medibles and even more so, topicals. There are a significant number of people (at least all over my state) utilizing these applications of dry ice hash for reasons other than smoking. Its not just for smoking... Much improvement in taste and quality in my tamales, rasta pasta sauces, stronger topicals, etc...by isolating the good stuff. Much less "plant flavor" of course. I enjoy smoking it as well, and there's no doubt I would much rather smoke your stash bubbleman! cheers~mgd

bubbleman

Veteran
I guess thats where im really coming from as well MissGreenDreamz that i am in no way special... anyone can have the stash im smoking.. if they use the right technique's.
When i see someone who is sooo close to having it.. and then to toss it into a bag of dry ice and literaly extract all the contaminants that would otherwise be left behind.. i have a hard time not saying something... but then again it is merely my opinion.. i am of the mindset that everyone should have the cleanest possible version of this medicine that they can and its why i've been showing people for the last 12 or so years.. how to increase the QAULITY of their final product...
This method is the polar opposite of all that work.

Peace
Bubble man

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
So far i have not been impressed with the quality of the dry ice method at all... it seems as though people are not understanding when you lose the water as your transfer chamber.. you end up with 80% contaminant in your final product that shouldnt be there..
Great for qauntity.. but a fatal blow to qaulity..
my two cents

Bubble man

If properly done, I totally disagree with 80% contaminant part of your statement. I looked at mine under an 80 power scope... it was no where near that... I guess it depends on what you're trying to do...

mgk :tiphat:

I'd love to see a video of exactly what you do bubbleman- I love to learn! Where do I go to get the best picture of what you're up to? I think I get it, but it seems way more involved. I fully agree~ the cleaner the better, anything not involving bho i'm game for trying. I would love to improve my medibles and topicals and have some great smoke ta boot.

The proof is in the pudding right!? I met this guy yesterday who does Gas Column Chromatography in Tacoma. Its 80 bucks for a potency test (n/c if its not readable). You get your results pretty much instantly. The name of his biz is Cannabis Research Service. That would settle it once and for all ;)

I think what you would have to do, is take the same (evenly, well mixed if applicable)material from the same strain(s) and process it both ways to compare.

His services are not limited to potency testing, there's also:
mold, parasite screening
pestiside testing

For now, I'm sold on the ease and productivity of the dry ice method. I was sold as soon as I looked at the glass table with a lighted magnifying scope... nothin but gorgeous crystals. That just can't be a bad thing ;)

bubbleman

Veteran
I am talking about the Capitate stalks and cystolith hairs.. they almost look glandular to the naked eye.. but if you look at at it with a scope it will look alot like this

this photo is at least 50 to 75% contaminant.. ie what we are looking for is PURE heads....

something more along the lines of this...

99.999% HEADS

Im just saying your all worth having the BEST... So why not clean that shit up... get rid of the green.. and the majority of the non active material and smoke just the medicinals...

my two cents

Bubble man

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
bubbleman, i hear what you're saying and i'd have to agree with a lot of it.

dry ice hash is no full melt bubble hash.

if full melt was a really awesome steak, then dry ice would be a crappy hotdog.

i love a nice steak, but i still sometimes eat crappy hotdogs, even though i know there's lots of undesirable filler in there.

i might start calling dry ice hash "hotdog hash" :D

i've been thinking of trying an experiment to clean up my hotdog hash: a second process along the lines of the "gravity method" to remove plant matter.

this of course would defeat the purpose of hotdog hash: it's easy and painless to make. i love the full melt i get from my h2o extraction, but all that water and ice and wet plant material is a mess. it takes a fraction of the time to run the same amount of trim with dry ice. you forfeit quality for simplicity.

I guess I don't understand the difference between pure dry crystals (i didn't see anything besides crystals in the first dry ice run) and water extracted crystals. Isn't the first run of dry sift through the finest mesh a little more like at least a decent burger than a hot dog? My last run was the can of spam, but I'd just be mashing it all up in a pot of oil and sifting it later anyway... so still an improvement in my world. hehe... hotdog hash ;)

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
I just can't get into making bubble, I hate all the work. buying all the ice, cleaning bags and buckets, freezing your hands, water spilled everywhere, stirring until your arm falls off, waiting for bags to drain. also the disappointing yields. no doubt it is top quality though

yes the dry ice method is best if you want to process material very quickly and easily into a very good product

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I guess I don't understand the difference between pure dry crystals (i didn't see anything besides crystals in the first dry ice run) and water extracted crystals. Isn't the first run of dry sift through the finest mesh a little more like at least a decent burger than a hot dog? My last run was the can of spam, but I'd just be mashing it all up in a pot of oil and sifting it later anyway... so still an improvement in my world. hehe... hotdog hash ;)

haha yea i guess my blonde hotdog is nice enough to be a nitrate free 100% beef frank or something :D

Latest posts

Latest posts