What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:yeahthats Grown under nothing but CFLs and similar to the Dr's methods, his technique works, people need to start growing and try different ways and means and stop bitching about who does/got what. Give growing a go.
Peace.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
my thoughts excatly, im not waiting for the proof that doenst exist, this guys running plants all the time and when anybody brings it up(the utter quackery of the claims) it he just repost old pics over n over again and takes up anohter two pages with his big type, hey its great u can grow erb cheap with cfls, but the yeild claims are for the birds-

Mind thy words well...
and try to be nice
there is More to life than what one can read on the net
I remember a day...
B4 the net..
when Pot Growers were Brothers....

melvin2

you've been here how long? ...what makes you think your opinion means
a damn thing to those of us who have followed, and emulated, the good
Doctors work?

why not put up or shut up, lets see some pics of something you've grown!

here's a couple of some of mine, grown under nothing but CFL's, so, your
opinion notwithstanding, i already know his methods work! ...and i can
prove it!

CFL SOG's do indeed work.

JAB, I'm not seeing you using Dr. Bud's method in your pics. There is alot of empty space in your cab.

For it to truly be a "Dr.Bud Method" grow, I think you have to have the high density part. Without the high density, it's just another CFL micro grow.

oh yeah... raising the density decreases light penetration, So there is a trade off. Once you guys are running high density at full capacity, start measuring your results and let us know, you don't even have to provide pics. I don't ever weigh mine and I never take pics, but when my micro-sog became high density running at full capacity (the "Dr. Bud method"), my lower bud growth was embarassing. I cry everytime I have to trim it.:violin:

EDIT: I will say, when I shortened the height between floor and lights, the plants filled in a bit better. I started with 24" from floor to bulb... plants grow stretchy with inches of space between some of the nodes wasting alot of room IMO, and the lower buds are far from the light. I put in a shelf about six inches higher and so far I like the shorter plants, and all the lower bud growth is now closer to the lights.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
CFL SOG's do indeed work.

JAB, I'm not seeing you using Dr. Bud's method in your pics. There is alot of empty space in your cab.

For it to truly be a "Dr.Bud Method" grow, I think you have to have the high density part. Without the high density, it's just another CFL micro grow.

oh yeah... raising the density decreases light penetration, So there is a trade off. Once you guys are running high density at full capacity, start measuring your results and let us know, you don't even have to provide pics. I don't ever weigh mine and I never take pics, but when my micro-sog became high density running at full capacity (the "Dr. Bud method"), my lower bud growth was embarassing. I cry everytime I have to trim it.:violin:

EDIT: I will say, when I shortened the height between floor and lights, the plants filled in a bit better. I started with 24" from floor to bulb... plants grow stretchy with inches of space between some of the nodes wasting alot of room IMO, and the lower buds are far from the light. I put in a shelf about six inches higher and so far I like the shorter plants, and all the lower bud growth is now closer to the lights.

Someone was NOT paying attention in class...
on the right side of the Chambers U will see that those 3 bulbs R right on top of the containers.
That's where the plantlets spend their first week.
Don't try to repeat what I have dun in an 1/2 ass-ed unprepared Manner and then say...
Nope won't work

It works "Get Over it" this method has shown countless people
that they CAN grow MJ @ home without a bunch of Fancy "SnakeOils" high dollar lights and other BS

Thats right Folks
almost anybody can do it ...if they want to
"Intrest & Desire"
we get U there
$$$$ is fer Bills....not fer yur Meds

Leviathan

68 watt 2700 k hug sound better babycakes??:moon:

Doc knows ive learned from his method, i like it , its very well thought out-
and i want to smoke all day from a stash from my first cup of coffee to my bed time bong hit just like him some day......

you angry pridefull growers are thirsty in an abundance of water-

Can the children please stop saying it cant work, there's plenty of evidence it does, and other people have already said it, its nothing new. You're stopping those of us who want to learn and grow some good cannabis in small grows from doing so.

And I am all about getting the most for my $$$$$ :smoke:

This is why i'm here, other than i just don't have the space for a conventional HID grow.

C

cork144

my thoughts excatly, im not waiting for the proof that doenst exist, this guys running plants all the time and when anybody brings it up(the utter quackery of the claims) it he just repost old pics over n over again and takes up anohter two pages with his big type, hey its great u can grow erb cheap with cfls, but the yeild claims are for the birds-

try running 144 plants, then feel how YOU feel about posting whole cab shots, he braught his method, people replicated... and to success they have also found their own fave way of microgrowing.

how about the negatives leave the thread, people want to LEARN here, not bicker.

melvin2

Someone was NOT paying attention in class...
on the right side of the Chambers U will see that those 3 bulbs R right on top of the containers.
That's where the plantlets spend their first week.
Don't try to repeat what I have dun in an 1/2 ass-ed unprepared Manner and then say...
Nope won't work

It works "Get Over it" this method has shown countless people
that they CAN grow MJ @ home without a bunch of Fancy "SnakeOils" high dollar lights and other BS

Thats right Folks
almost anybody can do it ...if they want to
"Intrest & Desire"
we get U there
$$$$ is fer Bills....not fer yur Meds

I raise all my plants up to the light when they enter 12/12.

You are assuming I've half-assed things so you can dismiss my input after using (and tweaking) this method for a year. Thats kinda, eh... weak.

And still, none of what you just said has anything to do with what I was talking about. Now pay attention (yup, right back at ya). When my plants are at full height after the stretch, in a high-density SOG perpetual harvest cab at full capacity in 20 and 24 oz drink bottle pots, the buds beneath the canopy suffer. No amount of green "hype" speech or growing-skill insults will make that untrue.

Since you seem to not have understood and to keep you from confusing people with your confusion... Shortening the total height allowance is showing better results, for me, then trying to grow 18" budsicles. The plants on the shelf (at full height already) with 18" total height allowance from floor to light are filling in better towards the end of flowering than the plants sitting on the floor (at full height) with 24" total height allowance.

Just for the record, I don't half-ass anything ...but I have seen people with half-full cabs claiming to use your method. That seems like cheating after the trend you started of looking at individual plant weights and multiplying to get a theoretical g/w ratio.

I too have taken your method, fixed some of the flaws as people seem to do sooner or later (go read Thundurkel's thread), and ran with it. Slowly converting over to 4" square pots (half gal. milk jugs), training, more soil, more light penetration, half the plant count, still a CFL SOG but not as crammed and nowhere near as time consuming.

So thanks, I guess, for turning me on to a CFL canopy for flowering. I don't think I can be any more clear and now you just got me repeating myself to keep you from being so confused... I'll leave your thread and methods alone now. That's a promise.

Unsubscribed.

I have been using CFL's ever since my first grow. They are perfect for the small space I use as they do not give off too much heat - in fact they keep it at a perfect 27C at all times. I get great yields and the smoke is top quality.

What detractors of this thread are so pissed about is that they have gone and spent hundreds of dollars on HIDs and cooling systems whereas us CFL growers are getting basically the same quality and yield for a fraction of the cost - and the HID growers can't stand this. Whereas a constructive approach (like perhaps researching the topic) might yield a more productive result, the HID growers would prefer to bitch and moan until the cows come home about CFL's trying to make themselves feel a little better.

Just my 2c.

Maybe quality with strain, but never the yield. For those with little cash or area CFL's can produce small personal amounts. Just do not think you are going to become much more till you expand with a proper set-up.

Been there done that. 7 grams is a good push and give people a false prospective when it really looks to be closer to 4.5 per plant in the real world average.

This is starting to sound like an Advanced Nutrient Ad. Big claims but when the time comes to have your product tested by real people they just back down.

If you want to play with CFL grows go for it. It you want to produce get the goods to do so. Otherwise you get what god and genetics provide you with and nothing more.

obZen

I am currently running a micro with no superthrive, no nutrients at all actually, except for fish emulsion during veg. I dont think ill have Drbud results but my buds are swelling and looking very nice....on a hot summer day, there is nothin better than a cool budsicle ;D:joint:

You don't really need the Superthrive.

"Trust me." =]

obZen

when it really looks to be closer to 4.5 per plant in the real world average.

I mean this with the up-most respect possible, and excuse me, but...

Have you any experience with this plant at all?

What you say is completely wrong, and that is verifiable via many unrelated sources.

I get 4.5 grams off the popcorn buds on the bottom of one plantlet, not including the main Cola.

All of the scientific data is pointing to the fact that you're a complete moron and need to quit spreading false information.

This is starting to sound like an Advanced Nutrient Ad.
Oh... and if anything, this is an ad for Shultz. :joint:

Otherwise you get what god and genetics provide you with and nothing more.

Maybe that's all we need? Who are you to judge something you have never even tried and have no experience with?

I raise all my plants up to the light when they enter 12/12.

You are assuming I've half-assed things so you can dismiss my input after using (and tweaking) this method for a year. Thats kinda, eh... weak.

And still, none of what you just said has anything to do with what I was talking about. Now pay attention (yup, right back at ya). When my plants are at full height after the stretch, in a high-density SOG perpetual harvest cab at full capacity in 20 and 24 oz drink bottle pots, the buds beneath the canopy suffer. No amount of green "hype" speech or growing-skill insults will make that untrue.

Since you seem to not have understood and to keep you from confusing people with your confusion... Shortening the total height allowance is showing better results, for me, then trying to grow 18" budsicles. The plants on the shelf (at full height already) with 18" total height allowance from floor to light are filling in better towards the end of flowering than the plants sitting on the floor (at full height) with 24" total height allowance.

Just for the record, I don't half-ass anything ...but I have seen people with half-full cabs claiming to use your method. That seems like cheating after the trend you started of looking at individual plant weights and multiplying to get a theoretical g/w ratio.

I too have taken your method, fixed some of the flaws as people seem to do sooner or later (go read Thundurkel's thread), and ran with it. Slowly converting over to 4" square pots (half gal. milk jugs), training, more soil, more light penetration, half the plant count, still a CFL SOG but not as crammed and nowhere near as time consuming.

So thanks, I guess, for turning me on to a CFL canopy for flowering. I don't think I can be any more clear and now you just got me repeating myself to keep you from being so confused... I'll leave your thread and methods alone now. That's a promise.

Unsubscribed.

I feel like all problems anyone has with dr.bud could be solved by going back and editing his original posts to just say "theoretical" gpw everywhere. New growers can still learn everything we have to learn, and the experienced guys would have less to fuss about.

Actually, melvin makes a good point. Not the point he's trying to make, but a good one nonetheless, and also one DrBud has made himself many times.

If you read closely, or talk to DrB in chat, he says over and over that it will take dialling in, and playing around with technique/feeds/numbers to get the optimum yield.. or at least he does in the original thread about this method.. the point is there are no quick fix "this will get you more buds than you can smoke, with no effort" and nor would I want there to be, nobody learns anything parrot-fashion, which is one reason the education system is failing in my country.

This is an advanced grow method, well seems it to me, it's certainly a lot more involved than sticking a couple of clones in large tubs under an enormous lamp. It'll take time and effort to get right.

DonkeyPunch

I honestly don't see why there is so much drama in this thread. Anyone who has been around knows that SOG is the highest yielding to time technique that is known currently. This info has been around for a long time. It has pluses and minuses like everything else.

I mean no offense to Dr.Bud when I say this, and I hope it's not taken as rude, but he did not invent anything new or earth shattering here. He just took information that was already known, dialed it in to work well for him, wrote it up in an easy to understand way, and shared his results for others to learn from in case they may want to try what he did.

It's not like Dr. Bud is selling a new "widget x" that grows pot in some magical way. In fact, his method is the opposite, he seems to strive for not having to buy "Widget X" to do this. He is simply showing people how he does it, and how he has found to be the best way for him.

I just don't see why so many people in this thread bash him for that.

Myself personally, I would not use his method, because I am not a fan of dirt, due to the slower growth than hydro, mixing it up, mess, etc. That is a personal preference for me, and there are many out there who would disagree with my choice to use hydro, because they prefer dirt, and that is fine. It's all about what you like best, and what path in life you want to take.

I see nothing wrong with the guy sharing how he does it, and his results. It seems many love how he does it, as since he started this thread many seem to follow his method, do well, and love it.

Too many people seem to come on this site and try to tear someone down because they don't like the way someone else does it. Which kind of shocks me. After all, are we not a collection of stoners with the same fucking goal?

Who the fuck cares if someone does not do it the same way as you? If you are happy with your grow method, why feel the need to bash other methods? I personally could care less if someone tries to grow a plant under an incandescent light-bulb, using hershey's chocolate syrup as a nutrient. Sure I would not try it that way, but I am not going to make fun of a guy who decides to do it that way. I would just simply read the thread, think to myself "This is not the way for me" and move the fuck on looking for something that suited me better.

I would hope others would adopt this attitude, because it's not just this thread, but tons of the threads here are full of nothing but assholes saying "You do it that way? You suck, and I am so fucking awesome"

C

cork144

Heres my :2cents: , I've read most of what he has said

I think the secret is having the right strain/pheno, some plants will produce under these conditions and others simply won't. It seems he has done ALOT of breeding and after all that, probably still chooses a certain clone that is 'special'.. His plants also seem to reveg in a short amount of time, so I really think he has selected plants for certain traits. This takes alot of time and some knowledge, but I think anyone who follows his detailed instuctions and then dials in their grow can achieve something similiar to his results. There is no way to prove him wrong though, you simply didn't do it 'right' and need to keep trying

Thanks for sharing your methods and providing pictures of how everything is setup.

if only people would understand this, drbud worked hard on dailing in a strain and a method, alot of the naysayers have tried a strain once or twice,

personally i dont think i could pull off a 12 plant per sqft grow, but i could do a 9 plant.

its about suiting the method to your capabilitys.

Yeah i'm looking at around 10-11 plants per sqft (21 in 2sqft) for mine. Chesaw is just a strain that responds well to these methods, and dr has dialled in. Thundurkel has used other strains succesfully, as have other people.. seems to me hybrids with a decent amount of sat in them grow well. I'd like to get my hands on chesaw because it sounds like some good smoke and its lineage is as distinguished as any hybrid i've ever seen.

dirt, cfls, new weed every week = win

KBB

can this grow be done using soda cans rather than soda bottles? I ask because I can get my hands in loads of cans very easily.

Will the metal in the cans heat up and damage the roots or infect the soil or shit like that?

Latest posts

Latest posts