What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

LoKey

ive had a couple of the globes die prematurely (aka right out of the box) and some take awhile to get up and running, they seem poorly made, havent had problems with the philps cfl's, well other than me breaking one taking it out of the box

virago420

Just stopping by DrBud, new to the forum. Just wanted to say hell of a job. Unfortunately there are alot of haters out there but youve done a great job of standing your ground. Much respect bro and take a look at my first grow sometime if you get a chance. Peace

Buddle

Veteran
Dr Bud...These grows are cute but what do you do after three days when the harvest is gone..lol.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
i was surprised on my last cfl grow that half of them started to fade. Even on my current grow with 2 x 150w (2x42w) one of them is noticeably dimmer at the north and south poles of the tube, and makes an overall difference; tis a crying shame they cost near 12 bucks each in the hardware store. And that's for the expensive good quality shiz.

im going to try a new brand next time i go CFL hunting - ive been using globe by globe electric company inc located in montreal, canada.

forget equivalent's completely as using them (even when you put the actual
wattage in parentheses) is confusing to anyone who doesn't already know
better. (they're not 150's, they're 42's)

...now, personally, i stopped using the higher wattage bulbs because of the
cost per bulb, plus, lower wattage bulbs give me more points of light which
distributes the light more evenly over the top of my canopy which also makes
dealing with the heat easier as well. ...it also makes it easier to tweak the spectra
of light you deliver to your plants.

btw, you can often find 23watt bulbs and 26watt bulbs sold in 3 and 4 packs
for under $10.00 and often with a $2.99 coupon sponsored by the local power
company so the out-of-pocket cost comes down to about $1.00 per bulb.

anyway, if you don't have your lights hard-mounted, you could try something
like this which is easy to find and cheap to buy.

waits 4 days?

hahahahahahaha

qft!!

let the haters hate Dr. Bud, just wanted to say thank you for sharing the wealth of information you've got and not only that, but sticking around even after so many asshats try to argue and what not. it's much appreciated and you've taught yet another grower how to be self-sufficient in a micro space!

thanks again. this is something that i'll be able to use til the end of my days.

Strangely

I couldn't quite read that. I'll try printing it out.
Just messin' :nanana:

Whilst I'm here, I'll lob my humble opinion on the table. Firstly I think Lu's first/early post might have got peoples heckles up when he said 'check out x for some real tight buds'. I think he meant real as in 'very' not that the esteemed doctors amazing results weren't 'real'. Secondly I think people are taking chunks of information out of context without seeing the whole picture. ie: reading the whole thread.

Keep it up Doc. Impressive doesn't cover it, and I couldn't give a wad of flying monkey jizz about gpw etc. Now how to grow your effing buds on a pole you're rocking, that's a different matter!! :yoinks:

Hella THC

God, there's so much fucked up hate in this thread, I don't get it.

Take a hit and mellow out, EVERYONE.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Bud and plan on using his philosophy.

There's a very steady pattern here on IC mag that says the more successful you are, the more people are going to troll your ass and hate on you. I can't wait for the day I start getting flamed, because it means I pissed a lot of people off with a method they thought would never work. The doctor is collecting all your tears and feeding them to his plants, and they obviously fuckin love it. So if you hate on Dr. Bud, you're just making his FAT nugs even fatter. Get out of the way or get on board, haters! :dueling::noway:

cun

So
how did u gather your data
for
start heights for each strain U tested?
Each one will be different...
and usually requires 3-4 grow w/each strain
to get this
"Dialed in"

really revolutionary thread dr! I'm curious as to how you would begin with a new strain. start flowering several clones at different heights? is there an ending height in mind when you start out? other tips on getting dialed in?

sorry if this has been answered before. I've read through both of these threads a couple times already, and I thought I'd just ask, rather than search through it all

M

masterKahn

i've read through the whole thread and the Dr. experimented with different heights down to the inch. You want the plant big enough to produce the most bud but not so big it overgrows the box and defeats the purpose of a SOG.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Dr Bud...These grows are cute but what do you do after three days when the harvest is gone..lol.

I'm sorry I don't Understand the Question
Are u inferring that the the "Harvest" is so Small
that
It would only last for 3 Days?
U must be New here
I harvest EVERYWEEK from EACH
Of
MANY Different Chambers
there is far more to DrBud
Than Meets the Eye
Unless U know me IRL
:joint:

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
Okay Dr.Bud, you have proven what you claim possible with CFLs... I'm dumbfounded by your ability to grow out in the wilderness.

But all those things aside, if you were living in a city and electricy was abundant as well as space... for a _personal_ stash grow op, what would you recommend as best? CFLs? HPS? MH? CMH?

I have noticed you claim years of experience. So in all those years, what would you settle on as a grow style if you had no limitation but to amply supply yourself with some good smoke?

U

unthing

Dr bud, Dr bud

What you think of leds? not the ufos and panels in the growshops but the diy-approach? cfls haven been proved to work but I'm interested in your opinion of leds.

Mycro

Hey Dr.Bud! Just thought I'd come by and show you my new cab! It took like 5 coats of cheap paint but hey, there is a recession going on! My grow is going good so far for a first grow and it's looking better. Just hard to start a perpetual grow with bagseed! They all seem to want different things! If I had kids, they would probably listen to me as well as these plant are! LOL Anyway, Keep it Green!!!!

Attachments

• newcab1.jpg
    newcab1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
  • newcab2.jpg
    newcab2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 18

THC123

Veteran
VERY NICE GROWS TOO BAD I CANT READ CUZ THE FONT SIZE IS SO SMALL

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

(all in good fun)

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
I'm sorry I don't Understand the Question
Are u inferring that the the "Harvest" is so Small
that
It would only last for 3 Days?
U must be New here
I harvest EVERYWEEK from EACH
Of
MANY Different Chambers
there is far more to DrBud
Than Meets the Eye
Unless U know me IRL
:joint:

You are right Dr Bud I don't know you.I only know of your constant hatred in other peoples threads.You try hard to make people feel inferior too..real hard.If you didn't think of it, then it must be shit attitude.I've fed right into it...yikes..lol.

Last edited:

Borner

Hello everybody,

I've been reading this boards for quite a while now, but never posted, so this is going to be my very first post and I'm very happy to do it in this thread.
From the moment I started reading what Dr.Bud has to say I got interested in trying out this grow style.

SO I AM.

It is practical, fun, and STEALTHY, that's why it attracts alot of people some to read, some to test it out (like me).

bla bla bla alot of talking could be done about all this hating but bottom line is for all you skeptics:

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ADAPTATION (this goes for both grower and the plant) AS IT IS ONE OF THE KEYS FOR SURVIVAL OF ANY SPECIES.

There is no real evidence against this method and results.
You all know how many factors can make your yields big or small, so why trash someones 30+ years of expirience and fun, when you probably don't know the whole story and can't know the whole story until you try it out yourself.

Open minded is the word. Its why we read this boards remember?.. and why we walk the edge of the line, risking our lives and freedom.

Stop hating, and learn.

Wave from somewhere in eastern Europe.

P.S. this method works. (for me at least at 85-90% of capacity Dr.Bud does. But we have extraordinary soil here)