What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

ive seen pics in this thread by DR. but i have not seen any grow room maxed out in full production.. just alot of this and that and it could be done etc etc.. i have read and followed this thread for mnths now and have still jot seen this huge cfl biggest cfl grow sog in FULL PRODUCTION!. no 1 is saying it cant be done..im saying i have not seen it done here in this thread. hype only goes so far.. i think thats what LOU was trying to state that it is all talk and is not being done..im not talking about a plant here finished and a plant there finished.. im talking about full on cfl sog production in full grow.!!

that is the whole point, that this whole method is for small production/micro/personal use.....if you had a whole entire bedroom to dedicate growing some good cannabis then why would you not use 1000w hps?.....this cab that the dr has shown is in full production for his own personal use so I dont understand why you say this isnt in full production....are you trying to say the dr never finished/finishes a grow with the cfls? that just doesnt make sense...

Each tray holds 6 20oz bottles and 12 trays fit per box.....72 clones per level for a total of 144 Flowering......

""""CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG..BUT..I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PICS WITH 144FLOWERING PLANTS ANYPLACE IN THIS OR ANY THREAD..!!""
im waiting to be corrected..proof is in the pudding..put up or shut up..! sorry if i seem rude but i want to see the real deal to which this thread was started.

I will correct you.....ok here read this post....http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1989853&postcount=93....now how many plants can you count in there...i can count at least 40 and that is HALF of his lower cab.......in the first couple pages of the thread it shows how many he can fit in there, what is 72 in the top and 72 in the bottom????? 144!!!!!! once again read the ENTIRE thread....it will answer all these questions for you.

the proof isnt in the pudding its in this thread

:joint::joint:

MtnKuSh

i see maybe 40 in full bloom.!are you his spoke person.?

he is not doing anything that has not been done for years before he new how to grow.. people been growing clones and plants from seed in small pots for years..he grows with cfl's and in gatorade bottles and now all of a sudden he has tapped into some world class way to grow. ?!?
im not really seeing the 2-4 grams per watt he claims.. maybe the DR could step in and answer these questions.?

READ ENTIRE THREAD THATS ALL YOU KEEP SAYING..I READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOU WAS EVEN A MEMBER HERE! READ THE THREAD TO SEE HOW MANY HE CAN FIT IN THERE..I DONT CARE WHAT 1 CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO GROW IN A SPACE..I WANNA SEE WHAT 1 CAN GROW IN A SPACE PLAIN AND SIMPLE. LIKE I SAID I DONT SEE 2-4 GRAMS PER WATT AND I DONT SEE 144 PLANTS IN FULL OR PERPETUAL CYCLE OF GROWTH.

i see maybe 40 in full bloom.!are you his spoke person.?

he is not doing anything that has not been done for years before he new how to grow.. people been growing clones and plants from seed in small pots for years..he grows with cfl's and in gatorade bottles and now all of a sudden he has tapped into some world class way to grow. ?!?
im not really seeing the 2-4 grams per watt he claims.. maybe the DR could step in and answer these questions.?

READ ENTIRE THREAD THATS ALL YOU KEEP SAYING..I READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE YOU WAS EVEN A MEMBER HERE! READ THE THREAD TO SEE HOW MANY HE CAN FIT IN THERE..I DONT CARE WHAT 1 CLAIMS TO BE ABLE TO GROW IN A SPACE..I WANNA SEE WHAT 1 CAN GROW IN A SPACE PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

No im not his spokesperson and i dont appreciate you being rude....I am trying to help you and explain it to you so you will have some knowledge on the subject because you said you dont understand it.

Once again those 40 in bloom is showing only part of the cab, the left half of the lower cab....those are probably week 4-5 flowering which means his buds are going to be way fatter at the end of 10 weeks....look at the pics, I cant say it enough.

Now I completely understand why the dr doesnt like to argue about it anymore....he knows what he can do....i know what he can do because ive seen it replicated many times.....not everyone is going to have 2gpw its based on his strains and the fact that he knows exactly what to feed them and how much, he isnt claiming that he is the first or the know it all....he isnt claiming its some world class way to grow.... he is claiming it is more efficient for him as many other people who absolutely cannot run HID lights in their situations.

As for you reading the entire thread....you wouldnt be asking these questions if you actually READ the thread and understood it, it took me two days to read it thouroughly, and I had very few questions....I did my own research and I am currently experimenting with it myself and I am seeing it is possible if done correctly.

FYI ive been around icmag for 3-4 years now....just under different alias...and you should not judge people on how long someone has been around, as you are a newb to this site and I would not question your knowledge/ability....you never know who your talking to ;D

On a last note....sorry dr. for lightweight jacking your thread.....and Mtnkush why dont you come on in chat one of these days and im sure the dr. would be more than happy to elaborate on some of your questions/issues/disbeliefs :D

And remember we are all here for the same reason...because we love this great plant, there is no reason to lie here, only reason to share knowledge and love, Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!

:joint:

MtnKuSh

just as i thought no proof and no 4 grams per watt! when some1 claims big numbers i want to see it..not read about it! till then im done

melvin2

KushKommander, your points are valid but it seems you do not understand what MtnKush is asking.

MtnKush (alot of kush names) is correct in stating there has not been a full cab shown to produce the 2-4g per watt.

I too would like to see someone who has their flower cab completely filled with plants in 20oz bottle-pots. Yes, a cab set up like this can grow some big fat budsicles, but every picture seems to be of a cab only half full, meaning more light penetration and bigger buds.

I was inspired by Dr.Bud to switch from a 150HPS to a full canopy of light using cfls in my cab. I just rearranged the lights for optimal coverage so my results may improve. I even grew some in 24oz water bottles (same diameter as 20oz). Not every strain works well like this and even with the perfect strain it takes some dialing in. The denser the canopy of leaves, the less light penetrates. At some point there seems to be negative returns. Having so many small pots can mean alot of maintenance because they use water at different rates. It's a daily chore if you water by hand. Also, small pots like that have to be fed regularly as the nutes in ammended soil get used up very fast. Not big deals, but it can be much simpler.

I am going to switch to slightly larger square pots, lower my plant count, and correctly supercrop between each node (letting each wound heal before the next). According to a recent post I read, correct supercropping involves crushing the outer part of the stem while leaving the inner part undamaged and not bending the stem over. The inner tubes stay functional while the outer tubes are pinched off. This restricts vertical growth allowing lower branches to get big, and the damaged part gets super juiced which is supposed to help the plant feed itself better.

Do you know of any pictures or grow journals showing a setup like this with the flower cab filled completely with plants and producing insane g/w in final weight?

So far it's still theory and seems to work in theory but let's see a perpetual cab that can fit 72 cuts, filled with 72 cuts or a cab that fits 48 cuts filled with 48 cuts and still growing the budsicles that we all know can be grown in a cfl cab.

MtnKuSh

KushKommander, your points are valid but it seems you do not understand what MtnKush is asking.

MtnKush (alot of kush names) is correct in stating there has not been a full cab shown to produce the 2-4g per watt.

I too would like to see someone who has their flower cab completely filled with plants in 20oz bottle-pots. Yes, a cab set up like this can grow some big fat budsicles, but every picture seems to be of a cab only half full, meaning more light penetration and bigger buds.

I was inspired by Dr.Bud to switch from a 150HPS to a full canopy of light using cfls in my cab. I just rearranged the lights for optimal coverage so my results may improve. I even grew some in 24oz water bottles (same diameter as 20oz). Not every strain works well like this and even with the perfect strain it takes some dialing in. The denser the canopy of leaves, the less light penetrates. At some point there seems to be negative returns. Having so many small pots can mean alot of maintenance because they use water at different rates. It's a daily chore if you water by hand. Also, small pots like that have to be fed regularly as the nutes in ammended soil get used up very fast. Not big deals, but it can be much simpler.

I am going to switch to slightly larger square pots, lower my plant count, and correctly supercrop between each node (letting each wound heal before the next). According to a recent post I read, correct supercropping involves crushing the outer part of the stem while leaving the inner part undamaged and not bending the stem over. The inner tubes stay functional while the outer tubes are pinched off. This restricts vertical growth allowing lower branches to get big, and the damaged part gets super juiced which is supposed to help the plant feed itself better.

Do you know of any pictures or grow journals showing a setup like this with the flower cab filled completely with plants and producing insane g/w in final weight?

So far it's still theory and seems to work in theory but let's see a perpetual cab that can fit 72 cuts, filled with 72 cuts or a cab that fits 48 cuts filled with 48 cuts and still growing the budsicles that we all know can be grown in a cfl cab.
:woohoo::yeahthats people think cause they grow a few plants and get a good yeild that if they put twice as many in the same type cab they will double there yeild when time and time again this has been proven wrong in many many threads here on ICmag. more plants meens less light hitting total plant, more water/nutes being they are in smaller pots, more heat etc etc. didnt say the dr was full of shit..i know he can grow,breed make his own strains and he does indeed grow some dank nuggs..but..2-4grms per watt and 144 plants in full bloom in a full all out grow has not been shown. the thread started good..but went down hill when 1 person post huge numbers of what could be done but was not done and has still not been done as far as i can see. melvin is dead on as well as many others that are wondering the same thing. :moon::joint:

Tranc3R

I take it you are not satisfied that he can pull 7grams from a single clone thats finished flowering ? cause thats all you need to know/see .. Complications of not enough light are a side issue. You don't need to see 144 plants to know that sog works. Especially if you have it dialed in. There are other people that have pulled similar numbers in 1sq.ft using 12 clones, 3 flowering per week with an average of 7grams each, mostly under 100 - 150w's of light. If you read the thread you would understand this. For someone that says they have been posting for along time you sure seem to have problems grasping basic concepts.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
MtnKuSh, we meet again.... The first time I saw you posting you were trolling someones thread, can't remember whom or what thread, I just blew it off. The second time you were trolling Kaotics thread and I stuck up for him in a proper way without saying too much. You responded by neg repping me with "fuck off greenhorn"
I asked you why and you responded "because you neg repped me" I did no such thing and when I called you on it you admitted I didn't but lacked an apology and disabled your reputation. I had no plans of neg repping you back because your posts do much more harm to your rep than me sending you a little red box.

I have seen your pics and you grow some quality buds but your yield leaves a little to be desired as does your attitude. I have followed your posts and noticed you are a bragger and bash others that yield quantity. You are missing the whole point of this forum. This is the biggest wealth of knowledge regarding growing cannabis anywhere and that's because most of us like to share knowledge and encourage each other to improve.

Many on this forum have learned alot from Dr. Buds inspiration and skills, and you come in here trolling in a thread that has nearly 1/4 million views. Don't be silly man, just open your mind, learn, and teach, that's what this is all about. It's not too late for you to turn around and become an asset to this forum rather than a troll.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I forgot to mention, please don't respond to this because I have nothing more to say about it and have no plans of polluting this thread with nonsense.

lordbudly

Veteran
im a newb to this site..
i have had a few thousand post on overgrow a few thousand on CW and a few thousand on this site and have given seeds,strains,hybrids to many over the years on this site for the last 5 yrs. just as i thought no proof and no 4 grams per watt! when some1 claims big numbers i want to see it..not read about it! till then im done

man i see you trollin everywhere now, are you semi retarded? you have to be when the doc says several times that he is NOT getting 4 grams per watt! 2.7 grams per watt is his best under favorable conditions, which he hasnt created yet, learn how to read you dirty troller, off with ye :bashhead:

Spicoli

Client of Wu-Tang Financial. You need to diversify
Veteran
Ya the sooner we ignore mtnkush the sooner he will go away...hopefully

Wheres the Dr. when you need him, he would set the record straight

All i have 2 say is:jawdrop:. Doc i am truly inspired i can't wait 2 get started wit my cfl grow. I have 12 sq ft and in gonna put as many 2 gallon containers as i can fit. how many bulbs do u think i'll need and what type. i'm sure theres something already posted in this thread that answers this question but i would appreciate any1's info. thanx.peace

MtnKuSh

All i have 2 say is:jawdrop:. Doc i am truly inspired i can't wait 2 get started wit my cfl grow. I have 12 sq ft and in gonna put as many 2 gallon containers as i can fit. how many bulbs do u think i'll need and what type. i'm sure theres something already posted in this thread that answers this question but i would appreciate any1's info. thanx.peace
if you are growing in a 12sq/ft area with 2 gl pots you are not growing drbud style at all.. you need an hps for that area not a billion cfl's! :yoinks::moon:

melvin2

Dr. Bud has shown us what is possible. He has shown that big buds can grow in a CFL cab. Also he has shown us that many CFLs in a small space can match or even outproduce a single-lamp HID setup (this idea is backed up by other people unafiliated with ICmag).

What Dr. Bud has not shown yet, is consistent results over time after harvesting however many plants his flower cab holds. I've seen 5 plants harvested (that I can remember :joint:). Those 5 were impressive indeed, but they are not solid proof for pulling extreme g/w after completing a perpetual havest cycle. Meaning, if a cab holds 72 clones, 72 clones need to be harvested and weighed dry before anyone can claim to know the results. I'm not calling B.S. on anything Dr. Bud is doing. It's a good method for growing... not a K.I.S.S method (a real pain in the ass, actually), but still a solid method.

I liked the method enough to try it. There is more branching it seems which allowed some of the lower buds to get bigger. At first I was growing decent sized colas. However, each plant stays in the flower room for 60-80 days and most of those days they are at full height after the stretch. Even with a perpetual harvest adding new clones every week, the new clones quickly grow tall filling in most of the open space. With 30% of my flower space filled with a tall, super-leafy Satori pheno, not much light was bouncing around like it did at the start. As time went by, I came to accept my lower bud growth was getting smaller. This tells me that the method's success can depend on the strain you run.

I can grow a big fat budsicle in a sparsely populated cab, but when I fill it up, yields diminish. That is why people want to see this problem being overcome by growers who have first hand experience... not "he's shown if you multiply yield of plant by plant #s you win" shoved down their throat by people who might have only read about the "Dr.Bud method."

After a year or so of growing with this high-density, plastic drink bottle sog, is anyone getting the consistent high yields that are claimed possible? I mean consistent g/w (2+ g/w) over a long period of time. I'm not asking to be confrontational, I really want to see this method succeed in uber-producing cannabis. I wasn't a cheerleader, but I secretly watched along with everyone else, paid attention, and followed Dr.Bud's formula.

Some of you are way too defensive about dr.bud. You do realize it is good to criticize things and expose potential flaws, right? Without scrutiny there is no progress. So get over it already and do not discourage free discussion.

MtnKuSh

MtnKuSh, we meet again.... The first time I saw you posting you were trolling someones thread, can't remember whom or what thread, I just blew it off. The second time you were trolling Kaotics thread and I stuck up for him in a proper way without saying too much. You responded by neg repping me with "fuck off greenhorn"
I asked you why and you responded "because you neg repped me" I did no such thing and when I called you on it you admitted I didn't but lacked an apology and disabled your reputation. I had no plans of neg repping you back because your posts do much more harm to your rep than me sending you a little red box.

I have seen your pics and you grow some quality buds but your yield leaves a little to be desired as does your attitude. I have followed your posts and noticed you are a bragger and bash others that yield quantity. You are missing the whole point of this forum. This is the biggest wealth of knowledge regarding growing cannabis anywhere and that's because most of us like to share knowledge and encourage each other to improve.

Many on this forum have learned alot from Dr. Buds inspiration and skills, and you come in here trolling in a thread that has nearly 1/4 million views. Don't be silly man, just open your mind, learn, and teach, that's what this is all about. It's not too late for you to turn around and become an asset to this forum rather than a troll.
how is seeking the truth to a grow and ideas trolling..?? i also said>>>>>didnt say the dr was full of shit..i know he can grow,breed make his own strains and he does indeed grow some dank nuggs..but..2-4grms per watt and 144 plants in full bloom in a full all out grow has not been shown.
<<< i gave drbud props but i now see who is here to start trouble... and it aint me!

MtnKuSh

melvin i see your seeking what i am seeking...im not here to start shit and did not make any real neg post..i praised drbud in this thread and in many others but we now have the real trolls coming out of the woodworks to start trouble instead of posting pictures and posting facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtnkush i figure 3000-3500 lumens per sq ft so 36000-42000 lumens 4 my space so that would be maybe 24-27 bulbs yea way 2 much so 400w switchable and cfl's 4 the mothers?

MtnKuSh

some of you are way too defensive about dr.bud. You do realize it is good to criticize things and expose potential flaws, right? Without scrutiny there is no progress. So get over it already and do not discourage free discussion.
best thing i read allday:nanana::joint::2cents:

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
My only grudge with DrBud is all the darned newbies he's spawned touting that this is the best way to grow frosty nugs *hands down* ...other than that, he's almost god-like in my book.

mosess187

Hey DOC...i've been in love with your grow, first off let me say keep on keeping on ya dig!...i've always used cfl's after my 400 hps was getting too hot for my cab back in the days....right now i'm trying an expiriment with using no ferts....only using superthrive everytime I water, and am going to drop in a lil brer molasses about 3-4 weeks into flower...(I was once told WEEDS can grow anywhere!, just ask tupac R.I.P..."the rose that grew from concrete")LOL...anyhow! the soil i'm using is organic miracle grow 2 month feed....vegged for about close to 2 weeks then straight too 12/12...oh i should add that they are going into 3 gallon buckets as the girls have an entire room to grow in....the strains range from ak-47Xubs from JLP, white skunk from white label, papaya from nirvana, and NLXshiva from nirvana, and one warlock bagseed!...i'm using 3 100 watt + 2 150 cfl a mixture between warm and soft light, also my shop lights which are 40 watts each...giving me a total of 17,000 lumens.....I have a total of 25 seedlings and i just started sexing them a few days ago.....my question too you is or anyone for that matter, is how much dry bud can i expect from this crude grow?...just a go figure! per plant as I know they all wont be females....this is what i like to call my "jungle grow"...I mean after all if these baby's were in the wild nobody would be there to fert them sooooo why not!!!....thanks man cant wait to hear from you!