What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

finished the WHOLE thread and boy did it take awhile!!!

People sure hate you too!

I'm not one of them, call me a noob if you must but I will be following you over the cliff soon and going the CFL SOG route soon. I didn't see you answer HAL when he asked why you used 42w over 23w. 23w bulbs are much cheaper and i'm on a budget. Do they put off less heat? I'm looking to make as little heat as possible!

I asked a few people the same question and most of them said its because of light penetration...:D lets see what the doc says

jay-toker

another amazing thread by drb again u r the man. i cant wait to get my set up running. everything will be based on what u have taught me. and i have learned alot about indoor growing from u and i thought i knew alot but i dont know shit. thanx alot

peace toke out

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I didn't want to waste valuable time here reading the whole thing, Has anyone disproved this claim ?

I have been around for 12 years on the internet and i have never seen anyone come close to what this guy claims.
I hate calling someone a liar but it just smells like some dank Bullshit!

no bullshit here my friend Drbudgreen doesnt play around...if you want just filter the docs posts...i remember an old friend that used to grow like dr bud but i never paid attention to what he was saying back then...

if you do end up reading dr buds posts it will probably inspire you to do something similar...

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
I didn't want to waste valuable time here reading the whole thing, Has anyone disproved this claim ?

I have been around for 12 years on the internet and i have never seen anyone come close to what this guy claims.
I hate calling someone a liar but it just smells like some dank Bullshit!

lol lazy***, if thread was proven hoax it's doubtful admin would not have closed it but it's ummmmm 50 pages long?

Read the last 3-4 pages if that's yer question.

knna

Centrum, yield weight is very relative to the way you process yield. Dont give it so much importance.

Just take note that SOG in small spaces using CFLs may produce pretty well, as you can check in the pics. Weights reported from other growers is irrelevant specially when personal egos are involved. So if this method of growing interest you, try it and see what you get with it compared with other methods. Thats the only that matter, except if you like dick contests.

If you want another viewpoint about yielding potential of this method, I grow this way since years ago and I get about 0.6-0.7g/w with CFLs, which Im very happy with. Well, I dont weight any stems or leaves, and I like pretty dry weed. But perhaps its just Im a very bad grower.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Just seems crazy.
Seems like a lot of wattage for cfl's and barely any lumen's.
It just seems through logic and science this wouldn't calculate right.
I did notice in this or another post i skimmed through that the stems and everything where being weighed wet and then it was assumed that the final yield would be 25% of the wet weight.
I'm skeptical, which doesn't matter i would never trade My HID's for CFL's even if the claims where true.
Regardless of what i believe have fun.

Take care

Kryties

I have been using CFL's ever since my first grow. They are perfect for the small space I use as they do not give off too much heat - in fact they keep it at a perfect 27C at all times. I get great yields and the smoke is top quality.

What detractors of this thread are so pissed about is that they have gone and spent hundreds of dollars on HIDs and cooling systems whereas us CFL growers are getting basically the same quality and yield for a fraction of the cost - and the HID growers can't stand this. Whereas a constructive approach (like perhaps researching the topic) might yield a more productive result, the HID growers would prefer to bitch and moan until the cows come home about CFL's trying to make themselves feel a little better.

Just my 2c.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I have been reading through more of his threads, it looks legit.

I am going to try to replicate his numbers and such and try this with a 600 watt Hps and see what happens.

Take care

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I have one FYI, and one question.

FYI- 'Warm white' is the same thing as 'soft white'. I found this out after going to 3 big box stores. warm white=soft white. Maybe it's a regional thing.

My question- I thought somebody on this thread said to get 42 watt bulbs, and that these bulbs would have 3300 lumens. Did you mean overall, all the bulbs, or per bulb? Because even the 60 watt-ers I looked at were only 825 lumens. Howz come?
Thanks and cheers!
p.s.- This is my 100th post, so YAY!!!!!!

MtnKuSh

is there an actual picture or pictures showing this so call drbud cfl sog in full action going threw full harvests...? ? ? :drum::chin:

M

masterKahn

I have one FYI, and one question.

FYI- 'Warm white' is the same thing as 'soft white'. I found this out after going to 3 big box stores. warm white=soft white. Maybe it's a regional thing.

My question- I thought somebody on this thread said to get 42 watt bulbs, and that these bulbs would have 3300 lumens. Did you mean overall, all the bulbs, or per bulb? Because even the 60 watt-ers I looked at were only 825 lumens. Howz come?
Thanks and cheers!
p.s.- This is my 100th post, so YAY!!!!!!

You are looking at a very small CFL that is equal to a 60w incandescent bulb. Most likely a 13w CFL. I am running 26w CFLs and they are all 1650-1700 lumens. Also there is no such thing as a 60w CFL they don't come in that size and would require a mougle socket if they did.

bicyclebenny

The ones you want are $.92 at walmart. They sell two different kinds @26w. I don't remember what they call the color, but the names make it clear better than I am.

you need warm/soft white for flowering and bright/daylight for veg.....the more blue the light..the better for veg...the more reddish orange...the better for flowering.

you can use 14w/23w/26w/30w/42w but the ones with the best light penetration are 42w and have the most lumens....here is something I brought up in the cfl club thread.......

home depot has 14w cfl's on sale right now 1.85 for a 4-pack and each bulb gives off 1000 lumens, would it be a good idea to throw 15-20 of those in a small 1.5sq ft cab? instead of five 42w bulbs... the wiring would be alot more but it might be cheaper in the long run and maybe more lumens per watt?

14w = 900-1000 lumens
42w = 2400-2600 lumens

(3) 14w = (1) 42w

so your getting 500 more lumens with every three bulbs replacing one 42w

also one 42w bulb costs anywhere from 7$ to 15$ depending on what kind and other factors whereas a 4-pack of 14w cost under 2$...you do the math :D

BUT you may not be able to get the same penetration with those small lights....which means youll have to have them closer to the plants which i think would be plausible seeing as these smaller watt lamps do put off less heat but I would also imagine that 15-20 of them all together could build up some significant heat in a small cab if you dont have the proper ventilation

and another thing you would have to think about is how many amps each bulb will use.... alot of factors here...

MtnKuSh

is there an actual picture or pictures showing this so call drbud cfl sog in full action going threw full harvests...? ? ? :drum::chin:
ok i can see this question has been avoided many of times already..so i still am asking.............................................
is there an actual picture or pictures showing this so call drbud cfl sog in full action going threw full harvests...? ? ? i can say i can grow this and that and this much and that much..but is it and has it been done and are the numbers legit..?

ok i can see this question has been avoided many of times already..so i still am asking.............................................
is there an actual picture or pictures showing this so call drbud cfl sog in full action going threw full harvests...? ? ? i can say i can grow this and that and this much and that much..but is it and has it been done and are the numbers legit..?

yes and this has been answered before......read through the entire thread and you will see all the pictures and the results. there is no need to lie about ones way of producing bud here, just sharing knowledge....but trust me I was very skeptical at first too, until I read the entire thread and then it all made complete sense to me....

MtnKuSh

yes and this has been answered before......read through the entire thread and you will see all the pictures and the results. there is no need to lie about ones way of producing bud here, just sharing knowledge....but trust me I was very skeptical at first too, until I read the entire thread and then it all made complete sense to me....
ive seen pics in this thread by DR. but i have not seen any grow room maxed out in full production.. just alot of this and that and it could be done etc etc.. i have read and followed this thread for mnths now and have still jot seen this huge cfl biggest cfl grow sog in FULL PRODUCTION!. no 1 is saying it cant be done..im saying i have not seen it done here in this thread. hype only goes so far.. i think thats what LOU was trying to state that it is all talk and is not being done..im not talking about a plant here finished and a plant there finished.. im talking about full on cfl sog production in full grow.!!

MtnKuSh

Each tray holds 6 20oz bottles and 12 trays fit per box.....72 clones per level for a total of 144 Flowering......

""""CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG..BUT..I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PICS WITH 144FLOWERING PLANTS ANYPLACE IN THIS OR ANY THREAD..!!""
im waiting to be corrected..proof is in the pudding..put up or shut up..! sorry if i seem rude but i want to see the real deal to which this thread was started.