What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

justanotherbozo

Veteran
hey Doc, just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks, your work
has been a real inspiration to me! thanks a bunch for sharin' it!

peace to you and Mrs GreenGenes, here's wishin' you both a great 2009!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Happy New Year bro!! hows the smell on the Purple Skunk x Mango?? they look pretty but are they a good yileder??

mels

Hey

Hey

Hello Doc,

I'm new here and compared to you new to growing in been in it for a couple years or so. I have decided to re-kit my growroom (8.8 sq foot) closet to do something such as this.

As we speak I have 10 white widow seeds that have just germinated in some BioBizz soil. The females of the bunch will be my mothers.

I can fit 36 1 gallon pots in my space do you think more than on plant per pot is viable? I am happy with one but the more the merrier.

I plan to use my 600 HPS cool tube for this I have cfls I can add if needed have you any views on this?

Thanks for the inspiration man, much love.

Mels.

C

cork144

mels said:
Hello Doc,

I'm new here and compared to you new to growing in been in it for a couple years or so. I have decided to re-kit my growroom (8.8 sq foot) closet to do something such as this.

As we speak I have 10 white widow seeds that have just germinated in some BioBizz soil. The females of the bunch will be my mothers.

I can fit 36 1 gallon pots in my space do you think more than on plant per pot is viable? I am happy with one but the more the merrier.

I plan to use my 600 HPS cool tube for this I have cfls I can add if needed have you any views on this?

Thanks for the inspiration man, much love.

Mels.

sup mels, doc does 16 plants per sq ft, youd have to be running 140 clones to be hitting that number in your space. on ebay they have 9x9cm pots or if you look harder youd probably find 8x8 which will get you closer to 16 plants per sq ft, since its zero veg i personally recon that maybe 2 plants per 1 gal container would be viable since they only have 2 and a half months of life at most.

oi dont fotget i need a nice healthy male WW clone :)

Last edited:

mels

cork144 said:
sup mels, doc does 16 plants per sq ft, youd have to be running 140 clones to be hitting that number in your space. on ebay they have 9x9cm pots or if you look harder youd probably find 8x8 which will get you closer to 16 plants per sq ft, since its zero veg i personally recon that maybe 2 plants per 1 gal container would be viable since they only have 2 and a half months of life at most.

oi dont fotget i need a nice healthy male WW clone :)

That is what I though, I was thinking something like 4 cuts per pot, one in each corner and a stake in the middle to tie them to, these pots are 13x13cm and 20cm deep so should be plenty of room. I will either send you that clone or some pollen when I can,

Mels.

C

cork144

mels said:
That is what I though, I was thinking something like 4 cuts per pot, one in each corner and a stake in the middle to tie them to, these pots are 13x13cm and 20cm deep so should be plenty of room. I will either send you that clone or some pollen when I can,

Mels.
well you could always make some sort of sectioning to split the pot into 4.

my cabs gotta get the 9cm pots with the sides trimmed down abit so i can fit 16 in there lol :bashhead:

OH and my mum got drunk, police were called and she said

"arrest my son also hes growing cannabis in his room"

had a police officer in my room for like 20minutes talking to my stepdads about the evenings events.

rest assured if any action is taken using the infomation my mother divulged, im totally safe.

Last edited:

sgka

Veteran
doc,

amazing what ive seen from you. completely inspired me to start anew, got a cab, se everything up, looks nice. starting from seed at the moment, going to take clones from there, etc. i currently have 2 rooms between 2.5-3sq.ft. a piece, one with 6 40w-cfls, one with 7-40watt cfls. should I be keeping the light levels low for a few weeks until the seedlings stabilize? or can I just run the system at full power from the get-go? many thanks, hoping to achieve succes such as yours in the not-so-distant-future

dotblunt

Hey Doc, I finally finished up my 518W 2X4X2 veg chamber. Vented with a 110CFM 1.5Sone Bath Fan and has 5 NL X DT mums ready to give a whack o'clones for an HDSOG. When I'm ready to give pics I'll start a grow log in your honour.

DB

Orestes

Hey doc, i'm planning my second grow (Nearing the end of my lifeless box) and i've found your threads immensely helpful. An SOG is just so conducive to experimentation and such, I figure I can adapt my lifeless-style box to hold 18-24 plants (Currently at 172 watts, 4 bulbs on the ceiling over 4 flowers). with either tubes on the upper sides or some smaller cfls in the outer corners.

Are there any physical indications you've noticed in determining the sweet spot? Otherwise I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to stagger a batch of clones over a week or so. But i'm curious about what makes it possible, about what exactly is developing at a different rate between various strains. I have great respect for the spear, and reckon there must be a 'key' somewhere.

Secondly, how do you deal with the borg? I'm dealing with an infestation myself at the moment, fending them off in the night with constant ventilation and slightly chilly temperatures, and some spray stuff (bug assassin?) from the local hydro shop (ugh). I'm turning to preventative measures next round, and will re-spray paint the chamber and get new soil to be sure, but I'm curious about how you manage pests.

thanks man, keep spreadin the good word

edit: Oh and RE: lights if you pull one bulb or one goes out does the whole sequence go out or do the cleats keep the current going? I assume the latter.

Last edited:
C

cork144

Orestes said:
Hey doc, i'm planning my second grow (Nearing the end of my lifeless box) and i've found your threads immensely helpful. An SOG is just so conducive to experimentation and such, I figure I can adapt my lifeless-style box to hold 18-24 plants (Currently at 172 watts, 4 bulbs on the ceiling over 4 flowers). with either tubes on the upper sides or some smaller cfls in the outer corners.

Are there any physical indications you've noticed in determining the sweet spot? Otherwise I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to stagger a batch of clones over a week or so. But i'm curious about what makes it possible, about what exactly is developing at a different rate between various strains. I have great respect for the spear, and reckon there must be a 'key' somewhere.

Secondly, how do you deal with the borg? I'm dealing with an infestation myself at the moment, fending them off in the night with constant ventilation and slightly chilly temperatures, and some spray stuff (bug assassin?) from the local hydro shop (ugh). I'm turning to preventative measures next round, and will re-spray paint the chamber and get new soil to be sure, but I'm curious about how you manage pests.

thanks man, keep spreadin the good word

edit: Oh and RE: lights if you pull one bulb or one goes out does the whole sequence go out or do the cleats keep the current going? I assume the latter.
read into parrallel wiring, basicly if he removes a bulb, the rest will carry on running, i dont see how ANYBODY could wire up cfls in series simply because of volt drop.

Dr Psycho

Your thread has been an inspiration, Sent by the gods at the approriate time! I've lived off the grid and used a 2 cfl box to start my seedlings for outdoor but this is real eye opener. I would like to remind all of you to please recycle your cfl bulbs when you are done as they leach small amounts of mercury in the Landfill. Here in Canada Home Hardware stores recycle old cfls....Thanks for sharing your grows and your knowledge You are a gentleman and a scholar!

nolpscpj

Doc Bud

Doc Bud

Hi, new to these forums, im sure uve posted it somewhere but could you please answer again, how much did youre whole setup cost?

stikik22

The doc uses everyday items, everthing he used to build his grow can be had at, homedePOT, or Lowes. Aside from the pop bottles he recycled.

stikik22

The doc uses everyday items, everthing he used to build his grow can be had at, homedePOT, or Lowes. Aside from the pop bottles he recycled.

OldBastard

read into parrallel wiring, basicly if he removes a bulb, the rest will carry on running, i dont see how ANYBODY could wire up cfls in series simply because of volt drop.
Yeah, I thought about that too.
I tried wiring mine like that and they didn't work, then I thought duh, when
I wired my amp speakers in series, it was because the speakers were 8 ohms,
and my amp load is 16. Then I thought these bulbs have ballasts.

There is a strain report online where someone says they wired their cfls
in series.

OldBastard

oh yeah

oh yeah

yeah, I'm trying it Docs way more or less too.
Him, lifless and thunderurkle were the styles I recommended to some patients
at a Mi med forum.

OldBastard

Well fuck, time to move this fucker up a little!!!

What's goin on Doc?

A few are using your method in Mi med grows.
My babies yesterday.

And they're bigger today!

album.php

Last edited:

gibbster

hello dr im a fan of your method from sweden and im wondering if u can say how mush u have in your medium mix.. on say 40L total medium i readed that u had about 1/4 perlite how mush of the rest?