What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

Danksta408

Hey Dr.Bud, you're the main reason I decided to run CFL's........At first, yes I was like everyone else.........In denial and was positive that you can't flower with CFL's and get decent nugs.........And for this I thank you.........I'm running a setup similar to yours and was wondering where do you get those "cleats" for your cfl's.........I'm using keyless (pull string) light fixtures and they take up a lot of space in my cab.........Keep up the good work........Take care and be safe

G. Sensi

Please dont tell me the 48 hrs thread was deleted...

It was fast becoming one of the best threads on this forum...

EDIT*** Never mind! I guess it just disappeared for a minute.... apologies

-G

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
G. Sensi said:
Please dont tell me the 48 hrs thread was deleted...

It was fast becoming one of the best threads on this forum...

EDIT*** Never mind! I guess it just disappeared for a minute.... apologies

-G

Yes ...It appears that "the Powers that be" saw some "Shit-Stains" in it and sent it to the Cleaners..... add a lil' bit-o-bleach....run the wash cycle and WooHoo it's Back now....she is so clean she Squeeks.
It will go on...... :smoke:

obZen

I have a new cabinet.

4 x 42w 2700k CFLs
10 x 80mm 30 CFM PC Fans

My bonsai plants are loving the Shultz (10-15-10) + Alaska Fish Ferts (5-1-1).

I'll be starting a new thread coming soon, after I get the Fans and Weatherstripping installed.

Just another Padawan getting ready to go to work. :joint:

Last edited:
So i managed somehow to get threw every post to try and gain everything I could from this thread.... as I've said in a few other ones, i am new to growing but plan to join the growing cfl club and believe from what ive seen from MULTIPLE grows/ers its the easiest, cheapest, safest and can produce sik buds. nice set up love to see anything you do and thanks for helping so many people out!

guest3589

I like the tomato Dr. very nice. I have a CFL cab going again and I think it's going to be even than last time. I just love the show Doc, thanks for the pics and info.

Props drbud

What are your thoughts on those 4 headed chesaws? Are they the ideal space/yield maximizers or are are they taking up proportionately more space for their weight than if every plant had a single crown?

Just curious how you feel about them since i sortof imagined branchless, vertical plants being part of your strategy.

Most of the strains i run like to stay squat and stretch the majority of their lower branches to match the level of the top of the plant, this obviously forces me to spread things out a little bit more and cut down the number of plants a bit. Growing autos from seed (as i do) is different than clones of course, since the plants pretty much do as they like and i have fewer opportunities for major trimming and training.

When i do run micro sog with clones in the same space i find it easier to manage a few more plants without branches than a few less with extensive branching, but mostly cause i get more time to trim and direct each one.

Im starting to feel like its more efficient (to a certain point of course) to have as few individual branches in the sog as possible. lots of this is strain dependent i know but i'm trying to imagine the ideal micro sog.... sorry if this was rambly i dont know if there's even a question in there..

Last edited:

Thex420

DrBud,

Been a fan for awhile, and been reading alot. I noticed you left for 9 days in July and you left all your plants submerged with an air pump supplying them oxygen. Very interesting approach, but I had a few questions about it. How many airstones did you have to place in the tank ? How large of air pump did you use ? I thought it was amazing that the plants actually received enough oxygen being isolated in their individual containers with only a few drainholes on the bottom. I have always been looking for new ways to keep plants going when I am away from home (I am the only person aware of my grow, therefore I do not have anyone to tend to them while I am gone).

Thanks !

generalchaos

How do you keep plants vegging in small containers? I had some seedlings in 16oz solo cups and they were going great for a while (besides a few mess-ups by me) but after about a month they appear "root bound" and their health has taken a turn for the worse.

I use the same nutes as you (minus super thrive, I cant find it locally), only using 1/4 strength right now (3xx PPM) because I dont want to burn them.

I transplanted them all to 2 liters because the ones that went into the flower chamber in 2 liters look great now, so im hoping that makes them look a bit better, but I would like to know how to keep them healthy in something smaller for future purposes.

This is with 7 different strains and 2 bagseeds so its something im doing wrong lol.

blackone

Veteran
Yeah vegging in small containers can be a bitch - when they get rootbound they need water all of the time and letting them go dry just once damages the leaves pretty bad.
Root-pruning might be an option - I've never tried it myself to be honest but check out the bonsai mother tutorial that's stickied somewhere.
The dr's submerge watering might have a lot to do with keeping them healthy in flower.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
DrBud's watering method is a crucial part of using such small size containers when using soil.

Siddartha

I think it's in an older thread, but basically he dunks the pots into the solution and holds them under until the soil stops emitting bubbles, indicating that all of the air pockets in the soil have been filled with nutrients. The idea is that there are pockets of soil that don't get wet when you water normally and this causes inefficient use of soil. The roots won't grow into the dry soil, so they use less volume of the container. Dunk watering prevents this!

Or something like that. I'm sure I'll get corrected if I'm wrong. ::toke:: HTH.

Last edited:

Yeti1

it makes sense. So just fill a container up with water/nutes so that the water level is higher than the bottles, dunk and wait?

L

Leonidas

I'm getting their DR , I'm perpetual now but much larger plants but I'm working on more seed stalk and mothers and I'll update you soon . Stay safe and keep up the great work . Zoo

Yeti1

blackfoot said:
Hey man, The watering method I learned from Dr. Bud works better than pouring water in on the top of plants or on the top of the soil. It is bottom watering the bottle or cup sinks if you stick it in water or if water is already in the water catcher under the drain holes in the container/bottle water will soak back up in to the container and maintain soil moisture.I do both. It's not much different than a flood & drain hydro system., peace

So do you keep the bottles in containers of water? Or dip them? If so, how long does it take if the water has to suck up in from the drainholes? Or am I not understanding?

Latest posts

Latest posts