What's new

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level***

B.Grant

?????

?????

GreenThumbBumb said:
Awesome i was wondering the same thing. First off you have an amazing grow. I have 12-42watter that im working with and was planning on trying soil and nutrient mix. I use peat(it says its already ph'd with lime)mushroom compost, and perlite. I conveniently already have Super Thrive, Fish Emulsion, and schultz 10-15-10. You said you use 4 dropper(as in draining the dropper 4 times not 4 drops) then a couple drops of ST and a tbsp of FE, per gallon every feeding? No problems burning? Plus i was wondering about using the bloom 10-54-10 starting week 3, ever tryed(i know more isnt always better). One more thing, is your PH good with this mix? No adjusting? Thanks :jump:

I thought it was 4 drops per 1 gallon? (Not droppers full) :dance:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yes the feeding goes like this : 4 dropper fulls of Shultz 10-15-10 4 DROPS of Superthrive and a Tbs Fish Emulsion per gallon every watering...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
DrBudGreengenes said:
My soil mix is Perlite,Vermiculite,Chicken Compost,local peat....from a Bog about 10 miles away,and good ol' worm poo. They are fed 4-droppers full of Schultz 10-15-10 ,1 Tbsp. Fish Emultion, and 4 drops SuperThrive per Gallon of water everytime I water

:yeahthats

B.Grant

Thundurkel said:
Yes the feeding goes like this : 4 dropper fulls of Shultz 10-15-10 4 DROPS of Superthrive and a Tbs Fish Emulsion per gallon every watering...

Much appreciation for the response.

Yea 4 droppers seems like a lot, and with the fish emulsion that seems like a lot of nitrogen, but the Dr seems to know his shit through experience, and ill take experience over just reading a book any day.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
hempybucquet said:
Hey Dr Bud, here is a question. I finally have my SOG up and running at full density. The plants are packed right in there, and the sea of green is dense and sucking down the available light.

There are a ton of fan leaves that are overlapping and they are cutting off the light to the lower bud sites... In your SOG, do you trim out these fan leaves? Wait until stretch is done them trim? Or just leave them be.

I leave them alone for the most part.....But if you think one is shading another and it can't be fixed by a small turn of the bottle....cut the leaf ...but leave the lil' stem from it.....w/the leaf gone the plant will consume the stem from the inside...(free energy already made by the plant why cut it off....let her relocate the cells elsewhere in the plant....it is EZer for her than makin' new cells)...and it will fall off when she has what she wants from it

chibisloth

Can we get a "Best of Dr. Budgreen" Forum going I would like to read the factual information in these post but I can't suffer though the 600+ post Stroking / Flaming :bashhead:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I don't think we need a sub forum dedicated to a single member to make it easier for you to find info. Search for threads started by DrBud, and then filter it so it's just his posts. Pretty easy to find all the info he's given that way.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
jimbob420 said:
Got the soil mixed up it was some hyponex topsoil, perilite, worm castings, mushroom compost, and cow poop, just got some vermiculite today and will most likely add that into the mix,

How did the Hyponex work out for you? It's killed everything I've put into it myself....

killa12345

Id just like to thank Dr.GreenBudz for the inspiration......I havent got the boxes dialed in yet but i expect a nice yield from CFL's......I definitly think its posiible to yeild more than 2 gpw if the conditions are perfect and you find the right strain. Heres a few pics of my CFL grow......You can find details at CH9 help Desk.....The large lst plant is grown under 6 cfl all 26/23w. and the clones are done the same way but in 32 oz gatorade bottles......

Dr. keep up the good work......i think people underestimate CFL's....I will say height is a major factor which means you need a short strain for SOG'ing!

Large plant at 39 days of Bloom/Clones at 20 days of bloom!

Large Plant!

DSC01422.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

Clones!

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

Mr.Bitti

Hey Dr.Bud ive been reading up on your posts and it seems that some of your pics show your plants well away from the cfl bulb around 6"? everywhere else says you should keep the bulbs about 1-2" away from plant. I am currently working with some cfl's and i was wondering what your thoughts on this are? i currently have them about 5" away and they are 1 week old from seed. How much distance would you suggest? also could you remind me what different spectrums you use for flowering?

besides that thanks for all the info you have posted on your awesome cfl grows!!

GrizzleB

G\\\

G\\\

huskers said:
If it has been covered I missed it but during flowering do you use a mix of 2700k and 6500k for flowering?

I just finished a rubbermaid cfl tub and the temps in the middle of tub is 77 and the top of the tub by the lights is 98.

should my target temp be around 80 at the top of the lights.

I'll either start cutting more intake ports of a bigger cfm fan.

Thanks
Id also like to know this, I had a very successful first run in a rubbermaid setup and realized my temps had to be HIGH. of course that's with the thermo close to the lights, down at the top of the pots it stays 77. So I'm curious, where is the best place to measure temps in these small setups?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Mr.Bitti said:
Hey Dr.Bud ive been reading up on your posts and it seems that some of your pics show your plants well away from the cfl bulb around 6"? everywhere else says you should keep the bulbs about 1-2" away from plant. I am currently working with some cfl's and i was wondering what your thoughts on this are? i currently have them about 5" away and they are 1 week old from seed. How much distance would you suggest? also could you remind me what different spectrums you use for flowering?

besides that thanks for all the info you have posted on your awesome cfl grows!!

Well the best thing you can is get yourself a infrared Thermometer and have a look for your self...its different in every set-up...
But have a look at these temps... that is the bulb temp
How close to ya want that to yur gurls?
18 Watt CFL

23 Watt CFL

26 Watt CFL

30 Watt CFL

42 Watt CFL

thanks for the i.r. numbers there dr so what is it that keeps the girls from frying when there in thos temps in mine i have i.r temps of about 150 on top of the bulbs but iv allwaz used the old back of the hand if your hands comfertable then your plants will be too now do you agree with that or should i go off the i.r. temps ot am i confused in the understanding of everthing mixed thank you

Mr.Bitti

hey blackfoot, how many watt bulbs you have in that cab? also whats the outside temp of the cab.... im trying to finish mine and wondering if heat will be an issue if outside temps will be around 70-75. planning on having a 65 watt soft white and 2 26 watt daylight.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Some pics from inside the Lab tonite....
Geisha's left @19 days Right @ 9 days

A 4 and a 5 headed Chesaw.....

And some proof that things are not always perfect here...
This is a Cross by "Blynx".... Sherry x SDIBL
one started @ 1" and 1 started @ 2"
looks like she will be a 4 or 5" starter

Latest posts

Latest posts