What's new

DR60/ LED Grow Xmas Spectacular (LR2 Cross Breeds)

Scrogerman

Veteran
If they frown at you when you water them they dont like it.
Have you tried playing with the PH, different PH's i have found there to be a value that each strain prefers over another Value. Some may like 6.3-4 some may prefer 6.7-8
Have you set the water at the right temp?, & Do you bubble your water to oxygenate it before you give it to them?. What do you use for PH down buddy?
Peace.......Scrog'

Roortokeage

If they frown at you when you water them they dont like it.
Have you tried playing with the PH, different PH's i have found there to be a value that each strain prefers over another Value. Some may like 6.3-4 some may prefer 6.7-8
Have you set the water at the right temp?, & Do you bubble your water to oxygenate it before you give it to them?. What do you use for PH down buddy?
Peace.......Scrog'

No I dont bubble my water, LOL no need for that
I also have the water room temp. The PH going in is 6.3-6.5 Ph and the Run off was 6.5 Ph with 800-1000 PPM and 1.6-2.0 EC. I think it is the over watering but I got only 1/4 cup of water out of 2 cups for run off. It is wierd to me why it keeps doping this. :tree:

Mr.Meds

Try giving her an extra day or two of drying out than usual. Wait until she's frowning from not enough water and then she'll definitely perk up after getting what she wants.

Scrogerman

Veteran
I thought you had the amount of water under LED's down dude,
I would always bubble anything before giving it to my plants, i see benefits with dissolved O2 in feeding solutions, better than The solution being Dead and depleated of O2 anyway, I think its a pretty good idea(I Know it's a Very Good Idea=Max DO). Just trying to help.(aim for less run off and give less)
Peace.....Scrog'

Mr.Meds

Hey Scrog, You heard of Oxyboost? it's a concentrated liquid of oxygen molecules or something or other...Anyway my wife uses it in water to drink... Think this could be an alternative to bubbling? By what method do you oxygenate your o2? I wonder if solar charging your water with quartz would have an affect? :joint:

Roortokeage

I thought you had the amount of water under LED's down dude,
I would always bubble anything before giving it to my plants, i see benefits with dissolved O2 in feeding solutions, better than The solution being Dead and depleated of O2 anyway, I think its a pretty good idea(I Know it's a Very Good Idea=Max DO). Just trying to help.(aim for less run off and give less)
Peace.....Scrog'

You will not see a difference with these plants, In my opinion. and What benefits do you really have from bubbling water??? Water is water dude. The Teas and the Nutes is a diff story.

Roortokeage

Here are some Updates from today.

028-6.jpg

031-5.jpg
032-1.jpg

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Roor water is water,
No, imo, you need to see the bigger picture, never over look stuff.
Water and DO or Disolved Oxygen, goes hand in hand at set temps buddy,
65f-72f is where O2 levels are at there most optimal(68F in the middle/optimal),Water loses it ability to hold Oxygen outside of the correct temps and it dissipates out and becomes like i said before 'dead' of DO! you learn something everyday ah! this normally applies to Hydro, but potted plants would benefit to some degree too, DO(disolved Oxygen) is DO(disolved Oxygen) dont matter how you look at it lol! The leaves on ya plant may even thank you in response for it!
Hey MrMeds, I use OXY +(Plus) on a regular basis, it has its uses & is very handy stuff, its H2o2 or hydrogen peroxide(Liquid Oxygen), your wife surly doesent drink that stuff, maybe something similar. Please ask for me so i can take a look on the web at that stuff ah cheers! I always use medium and high powered compressor pumps to infuse my DO into the solution, the H2o2 is an added bonus in raising O2 levels & a solid Sterilising agent, a very affective one too.! Look into DO (Dissolved Oxygen) in H2O(Water) and the positive effects it has on plants given in water/feed solutions, you may be surprised at what you discover, dont be so quick to dissmiss something especially when someone with experience is trying to hand out sound advice!!!
Good luck to you brothers.......................Scroger'
Mr Meds im a hippy at heart and totally get you on the quarts thing lmao' Maybe not such a funny thing and i have actually got a healer friend who energized some crystals for me when i had sick plants once, guess what, yeah they helped-I think!........Peace to All.....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as I were ridiculing them. They are just not my preference for most cases...Usually I only prefer the smoke from HPS crop with lots of other supplemented lighting. I just feel like HPS = cash crop where mixed spectrum properly dialed in = connoisseur cash crop.

I've never met anyone before who could discern by sight, smell or taste, the type of lightbulb(s) employed in the growth of a bud.

these LED lights remind me of goddam cop cars, so much red and blue... I DID NOTHING WRONG OFFICER! WHY ARE YOU BEATING ME?!?!

the plants look good. hopefully you gots some females? great job with the tent, Roortokeage!

I got me some roors i'm gonna toke one now. u inspired me

Scrogerman

Veteran
I've never met anyone before who could discern by sight, smell or taste, the type of lightbulb(s) employed in the growth of a bud.

Med's is talking spectrum buddy & i understand what he means, no offence to yourself of course, It makes a total difference to the final quality, y=Yes, Taste & Quality imo,

these LED lights remind me of goddam cop cars, so much red and blue... I DID NOTHING WRONG OFFICER! WHY ARE YOU BEATING ME?!?!

Lmfao.

Peace,........Scrog'

Mr.Meds

Hey MrMeds, I use OXY +(Plus) on a regular basis, it has its uses & is very handy stuff, its H2o2 or hydrogen peroxide(Liquid Oxygen), your wife surly doesent drink that stuff, maybe something similar. Please ask for me so i can take a look on the web at that stuff ah cheers!

H2o2 Is h2o with an extra oxygen molecule. No she does not drink hydrogen peroxide! hahaha!
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=oxy%20boost&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf
Although, from what I understand they do make a Food Grade h2o2 peroxide but it is harder to get your hands on? Anyway, cool information Scrog, I've never heard of h2o2 being used in that particular way but I would imagine the added oxygen to you properly tempered water would surely benefit the roots roots!
Thanks!

Mr Meds im a hippy at heart and totally get you on the quarts thing lmao' Maybe not such a funny thing and i have actually got a healer friend who energized some crystals for me when i had sick plants once, guess what, yeah they helped-I think!........Peace to All.....
Very interesting! I too have some healers as friends who I may ask to do the same thing sometime. HAPPY NEW YEARS! :joint:

Hahahah! :biglaugh: hahahaha :joint:

Looking bushy Roor!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Sorry RooR,
Just got to tell Med's. Yeah i know what H2O2 is buddy, lol(thanks 4 d link)
Yes it is such an effective sterilising agent that it will kill all Microbial herds, Good&Bad,
It will Also Bind to anything organic and completely destroy it, so that needs carefull consideration if you are growing out in organics. I use the stuff as insurance against any nasty pathogens during the entire veg stage, i use organic based Boosters and Enzyme Additives during the bloom phases with added Humic and Fulvic Acids, so i could not possibly use H2O2 during that time as it will degrade anything organic and eat it all away.H2O2 Will completely dissapate out of solution and needs to be added every 24 hours.(not Sooner)
In hydro its pretty bloody usefull stuff though, with mineral based ferts of course.
You should see the extra uptake of nutes it creates, god Plants get real Bushy with very thinkened stems when using it. I really rate it & it definately has place in my Lab thats for sure.
Peace.......Scrog'

RooR, your plants lookin Very Cool dude, nice work!

Roortokeage

Jan 1st 2010

--1am Got home from my trip away.

--Plants were very dry and the soil was soo dry. She was very Thirsty

-- Fed Plant 1200 PPM of feed. 4 Teaspoons of Big Bloom and 3Teaspoons of Tiger Bloom 6.3 PH going into soil. Gave it 2 Full Cups. Very littl run off.

-- The baby is Coming along just fine. Added some soil to take away from the stretch. Told by a fine lady.

003-27.jpg

004-23.jpg

006-18.jpg

009-9.jpg

010-6.jpg

011-7.jpg

Roortokeage

Jan 3rd 2010

--Plant was fed last night at 1am. - 4 Teaspoons of Big Bloom and 3Teaspoons of Tiger Bloom 6.3 PH going into soil. Gave it 2 Full Cups. Very little run off.

--Came home from Track and the Baby was fallen over, and all the soil out of the Bucket. I took some soil put in peat pot and am seeing if the Baby will survive the Justice. If not o well and back to square one.

--Plant Looks healthy, But has some issues on some of the leaves. Idk if it is Calcium or Potasium. Any1 have any Ideas why It would be like this???

--Moved the CFLS around and Moved the 2 fans around to get the light all around the plant. I am thinking I want to add some CFLS under the plant and shine light upward to help with the Weak Penetration.

015-3.jpg

016-3.jpg

018-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

024-3.jpg

-- The Issues --

025-3.jpg

019-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

021-3.jpg

Roortokeage

Try dropping your runoffs PH to 6. Think the nutes were too strong? :joint:

Im not sure, was following what my buddy told me to do. He has been watchin the grow with us. Also I am going to get my in PH upto 6.8 from another buddy.

Im going to give it a light little flush to get all the extra salts out. See if that helps.

Why do you want me to lower my PH?? Just wondering on that one?:elf:

Mr.Meds

Maybe 6 is a little low while using Ocean Forest, correct? But I do believe 6.8 is a little on the high side. Are you talking soil sample PH, water going in PH or the PH of the run-off? I've had better experiences with a lower rather than higher PH. Use molasses during that flush and I'd only use Big Bloom for awhile while introducing the Tiger gradually. Does your friend do auto's? 1,200 PPM seems on the high side at this point for a plant of that size. We'll see. :lurk:

Roortokeage

Jan 4th 2010

--Plants were Over fed and ph was off

--Had a nice talk with a buddy, helped me thru it.

-- We Flushed the plant back down to get the PPM to 1000

-- The Easyryder baby is doin her thing and hope she revives from her fall.

--Arranged the CFLS better and removed the fishing line and used some yarn so I can raise and lower the CFLS easier.

001-19.jpg

003-28.jpg

002-23.jpg