What's new

DR60/ LED Grow Xmas Spectacular (LR2 Cross Breeds)

Roortokeage

Hey guys Got the Panel up and 2 seeds germinating. I have to use the panel for the grow. I have a 1/2 gall grow bag and a 1 gall pot. Both are a mix of FFOF Top soil, Peat Moss, Perilite. This is all I have to work with for the next few months. I had a issue at home, and a loss of alot of money. I do apologize and hope you guys will be here to help me.

I have setup the tent, the light and all my air circulation. Seeds have been germinating 24hrs. 2 LR2 Dwarf Crossbreeds. Dont know what they will be. But I hope they are Fems. I dont want to waste my EasyRyders or Hashplants. So I am saving them till I have the funds for the HPS. Before I plant my seeds How do I get the soil to where I want it to before I plant them? I have what I need and this will be a fun grow. Not going to use much nutes, and Will see what this baby can do. Maybe Ill add CFLS at the end. I may make a nice little DIY CFL fixture since I have them. Who knows. Thanks again guys and I do apologize. :love-weed:GA-- Can you make the title say DR60/ LED Grow Xmas Fun

01433.JPG

01518.JPG

01826.JPG

01628.JPG

Roortokeage

Dec 1st 2009

Seeds popped and were planted into New home.
FFOF 1/2 gal and 1 gal pots.
They are in the Grow tent 5" from the light.
Temp is 79F Humidity is 40%
Misted a little water on top of soil.
24/0 light cycle

004-3.jpg

005.jpg
.[/IMG]
007-4.jpg
[/IMG]
008.jpg

Roortokeage

001-1.jpg
[/IMG]
002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-4.jpg

Damn LEDS dont produce any heat like the CFLS. Closet is cold so I am having hard time to keep temp regulated. Have a Fan heater blowing hot air but making it to dry the air. Now have cup of water under fan to see if I can bring it up a bit.

Roortokeage

Dec 2. 2009

-- Misting 6.5 water on the soil. Dont want to drain the seeds out.

Plants Have Finally pushed thru and are showing themselves. 1 you can see the other I put a little soil over. I think I pushed it up a little. But as you see I put arrows to show the Babies.

I am having a hard time with humidity and heat with the LED panel. I am going to have to think of a few things to help this. As you see from the pic. :xmastree::xmastree::window:

Roortokeage

Dec 2. 2009

-- Misting 6.5 water on the soil. Dont want to drain the seeds out.

Plants Have Finally pushed thru and are showing themselves. 1 you can see the other I put a little soil over. I think I pushed it up a little. But as you see I put arrows to show the Babies.

I am having a hard time with humidity and heat with the LED panel. I am going to have to think of a few things to help this. As you see from the pic. :xmastree::xmastree::window:

008-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

Roortokeage

Dec 3rd 2009

-- Checked Humidity and to see if soil was moist.
--Misted some extra water to help seedlings

002-2.jpg

005-4.jpg

The temp is at 77F now at times and also the humidity is at 50% finally got it up with watering them plants a little bit..

I want to know since I am using all Fox Farm products. Should I follow the feeding schedule?? Or since they are Autos I shall figure and watch???
Only reason I ask is because it says to use 2 table spoons of Big Bloom for seedlings and startlings. PDF Schedule
Another member on here had me mixing all my nutes from the start because they are autos. let me know what you guys think. I only been giving misting 6.4 water to the plant. It says to keep seedlings moist, to very moist so that is what I am doing. Let me know what you guys think.

nnep

Haha i had the same exhaust fan setup (the duct tape'd fan attached to the ducting) when i first set my tent up. It works well for a FYI option.

Looks like your seeds are starting their journey, the fun is just beginning. I'm not an expert AF grower, but i have grown them before. Basically what i did, was use the schedule to a certain extent, but since AF's are so quick to mature, i found that making small batches of nutes was beneficial because it gets obsolete so fast.

I always start at 1/3 strength and work my way up, so this would be my schedule.

Starting week 2 begin 3-2-1, continue to work your way towards full strength with the 3-2-1 until you see preflowers, then make your next dose 2-2-2 for the switch over. Then from there on i'd go with 1-2-3 until flush.

That's similar to what i did and it worked pretty well, might want to check the autoflower forum, i'm sure they're probably smarter on the subject than myself.

Keep it up!

Roortokeage

Thanks the #s I dont know what you mean yet. LOL im a little confused. Also I Only going to use Grow Big , Big Bloom, Kool Bloom, Sweetner and Superthrive. For this grow.

nnep

Yeah it can definitely be confusing.

The numbers on the bottle, aka #-#-# is the NPK ratio (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium). This is simply the percentage of each in the mix.

For example if your dosage instructions called for 3-2-1 for vegetative state. That would simply be 3 parts 'x' 2 parts 'y' and 1 part 'z'

Then you multiply that times how many gallons you plan on making. If you're making two gallons, it would be 6-4-2 and so on.

At two weeks i would start 1 tsp per gallon of grow big and 1 tbl of big bloom per gallon.

Roortokeage

Yeah it can definitely be confusing.

The numbers on the bottle, aka #-#-# is the NPK ratio (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium). This is simply the percentage of each in the mix.

For example if your dosage instructions called for 3-2-1 for vegetative state. That would simply be 3 parts 'x' 2 parts 'y' and 1 part 'z'

Then you multiply that times how many gallons you plan on making. If you're making two gallons, it would be 6-4-2 and so on.

At two weeks i would start 1 tsp per gallon of grow big and 1 tbl of big bloom per gallon.

Gotcha sounds good mate. Now I see whatcha meant. Im waiting on my PPM Stick

For the fox farms feed sched it says to use 2 teaspoons of big bloom for seedlings and cuttlings.
What do you think on that??

Roortokeage

Dec 5th 2009

--Fed Plants a lil Nutes. Gave 1/4 teaspoon of Big Bloom and a few drops of SuperThrive.

-- Turned on Circular fan to help stregnthen the plants.

A buddy came over yesturday to check out how everything was. He says he would follow the FF schedule, but at 1/2 stregth for the first 3 weeks since these plants Flower automatically on the 3-4th week. These are diff from my EasyRyders. These only take 9 weeks. Flowering is 7+. Looks like they are loving it. So I hope all keeps well.

010-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

Roortokeage

Dec 6 2009

Hey guys was at the Local track racin my R/C sooo Updates for today!

-- A little more water fed to plants. Turned on interior fan to blow on plants for strength.

--Turned on fan heater in closet. Gettin cold outside, and cold air from attic coming down.

003-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

Nobody loves the Babies?? WOW all these veiws and no comments.

Roortokeage

Dec 7th 20009

--Fed plants some more water. 1/4 teaspoon of Super Thrive.

--Lowered LED Panel to 3"s to stop the stretching.

--Plants are doin well

-- Temp around 75-78 humidity 30-40 %

003-5.jpg

005-7.jpg

Roortokeage

DEC 9th 2009

-- Added Soil like MS. MG asked to

-- Gave 2 cups of water last night. and misted some today.

--PPM Meter Arrived today. DO I need cleaning solution or Correction solution?

Hey guys Well another day down. and closer to BUDDAH!!!

001-2.jpg

003-6.jpg

Roortokeage

Dec 10th 2009

--Plants were Dry. Gave each plant some water.

-- Moved fan to blow on the plants.

-- Having trouble at night with heat, Since I like to sleep in a deep freeze.

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039-3.jpg

040-3.jpg

If you look close to pic #2, you can see some of the tips being light in color. Is that my Nitro being low??

nnep

Definitely overwatering those poor sprouts. I know you think the soil looks dry and that they always need water, but i would guess they need water probably about twice a week/maybe 3 times.