What's new

DR60/ LED Grow Xmas Spectacular (LR2 Cross Breeds)

Roortokeage

Dec 28th 2009

-- Moved the LED Panel UP about 2 inches.

-- Moved Plants around to get the best lighting I think

-- Misted the Baby, to keep soil moist for seedling

--The Bigger one, is Over watered And is giving me the Frown.

--Temps are doing well, I love the box, just humidity is low

--Seeing Light in color and the same problem I had last time with the CFLS. NO PENETRATION!!!

--Thinking about buying the HPS!!! My pockets Still Hurtin

001-18.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-25.jpg

Is it ok for the Plants to be under 1/2 the Panel like this??

Mr.Meds

Go with CMH over HPS. The lack of penetration is coming from the TYPE of LED in the panel. Just my:2cents:. Looking good though.:joint: :lurk:

Roortokeage

Go with CMH over HPS. The lack of penetration is coming from the TYPE of LED in the panel. Just my:2cents:. Looking good though.:joint: :lurk:
Metal Halide is not as good as an HPS. I know the Panel lacks penetration tahts why I added the CFLS. if you look at my EasyRyder grow I got 1 ounce off each plant. Same lights I am using now. So I know I was doin sumthing right

Can you link me to some DIY CMH llights and some Real good ones?? Thanks buddy any other advice?:thanks::thanks:

Mr.Meds

Ceramic Metal halides are 20% effective over the ENTIRE par spectrum... 34,800 lumens and better maintenance. CMH spike at 45-50% efficiency at 660nm and other waves which most HPS don't even touch. Not to mention CMH give off UV around 425-440nm. So that's overall 20%-50% at 6,960 - 17,400 effective lumens per 400w bulb. Do the math with a 400w HPS.

edit; and they're cheaper, give off less heat, makes more potent, and you can use your bulbs for veg.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Great grow Roortokeage..only 1 problem, none of your pics show up...not even 1 through the whole thread..

Roortokeage

Dec 29th 2009

-- Finally Picked up some Bangin Kush from a buddy

-- Plant still wet in middle and bottom of bag. Gunna let dry a few more hours. Check it again around 6pm.

--The Easyryder Finally shown its Face and is Sprouted. I am misting her every few hours or so, to keep soil moist for the seedlings.

--Took out one fan to replace the other. Was too strong and making the leaves curl down.

-- I am thinking on getting a humidifier, this damn Humidity wont go up for shit!! And I dont feel like spraying

-- Some of the plants Bud spots, the leaves are very light green, and look like there not getting enuff light. Some even have distorted leaves and deformed leaves. IDK what it can be from.

011-6.jpg

008-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

014-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

Scrogerman

Veteran

Go with CMH over HPS???, what even the spectrum adjusted HPS?
where you getting these figures dude, have you a link please?

Peace.......Scrog

Mr.Meds

Why so blue today? What are you sprouting those in? I'm presuming you're trying to raise the humidity for them, right? Can you fit plastic "saran" wrap over the containers? Sometimes I'll plastic wrap the containers with wet saran wrap. Really holds the moisture in and you can take it off as soon as they are ready and or to re-wet the plastic. Definitely will speed things up. Or if you're in a standard tray go buy or make a dome?

Mr.Meds

Go with CMH over HPS???, what even the spectrum adjusted HPS?
where you getting these figures dude, have you a link please?

Peace.......Scrog

Which information specifically are you interested in?
Spectrum Adjusted or "enhanced spectrum" bulbs are expensive, don't maintain their lumens as well, have hot spots, are equally or less effective in the wavelengths that they do omit, and usually still don't cover optimum wavelengths. I prefer as much mixed light and/or spectrum as possible.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Which information specifically are you interested in?
Spectrum Adjusted or "enhanced spectrum" bulbs are expensive, don't maintain their lumens as well, have hot spots, are equally or less effective in the wavelengths that they do omit, and usually still don't cover optimum wavelengths. I prefer as much mixed light and/or spectrum as possible.

Spectrum Adjusted are Enhanced Spectrum Lamps aint they?
I thought they effectively were the same thing??
I use Growlux lamps they are Enhanced/Adjusted Spectrum(Both), as you pointed out they are designed to burn brighter, but last for a shorter period of time, you may get 2 grows out of a lamp, but at £22.00 for a 600w lamp i dont mind that too much, i find that older Lamps come in handy for following & future Veg periods & Bloom with new Lamps if i can. I suppose it is a flaw of these most effective lamps. The only flaw imo'.
My point was do you think that CMH are better than Say a spectrum Enhanced HPS lamp such as a Grolux. You seemed to ridicule HPS lamps and i was wondering why, ive used MH lamps in the past and boy did they get hot, very bright and effective lamps though.
Peace........Scrog'
(Growlux lamps are as cheap as Chips)

fatigues

Veteran
My point was do you think that CMH are better than Say a spectrum Enhanced HPS lamp such as a Grolux. You seemed to ridicule HPS lamps and i was wondering why, ive used MH lamps in the past and boy did they get hot, very bright and effective lamps though.
Peace........Scrog'

Because you are confusing Metal Halide lamps and even pulse start Metal Halide lamps with Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) lamps. They are referred to as "HPS-Retro White" bulbs in most of Phillips' sales literature. They are NOT the same thing as MH bulbs. At all. Go read up on them here.

cdmspd.jpg

And yes, a CMH bulb will kick the ass of a HPS lamp - even a Hortilux Eye of equivalent wattage. The SPD on the CMH vastly outperforms a HPS lamp or MH. A key feature being that the CMH is a lamp used in both veg and flowering mode. It out vegges a MH and out flowers a HPS. It's simply a superior HID lamp.

But there are downsides. The biggest downside is that the max wattage available in CMH is 400 watts. If it came in 600w and 1000w size, the number of HPS bulbs used here on ICM would be very small and we wouldn't have to put up with yellow tinged photography here either! But as the current max is 400w, CMH does not have the commercial growers on side and is a lamp used only by the more dedicated hobby and personal use medical growers.

The other downside is that the CMH requires a HPS compatible magnetic core and coil ballast. There are only a couple of e-ballasts capable of running a 400w CMH lamp - and none of them are aimed at horticultural use. Not a single e-ballast brand you have seen advertised or discussed here on ICM will run a CMH lamp. e-ballasts operate at too high a frequency to drive a CMH lamp.

General availability of CMH lamps is very low. You won't see these at Home Depot or even your local grow shop. They are sold via the net with most shipments to aquariasts and growers coming from the one site linked on the first page of the CMH thread, at Advanced Lighting Tech.

The CMH thread is a sticky in the Growroom Designs and Equipment section here on ICM. It is exceedingly long, but the important info is in the first few messages in the thread.

Mr.Meds

Thanks Fatigues!

The other downside is that the CMH requires a HPS compatible magnetic core and coil ballast.

This Isn't such a bad thing, magnetic coil to core ballast are undetectable unlike the new electronic and digital ballast. They're also really really cheap if you buy a kit and make own yourself.

Mr.Meds

You seemed to ridicule HPS lamps

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as I were ridiculing them. They are just not my preference for most cases...Usually I only prefer the smoke from HPS crop with lots of other supplemented lighting. I just feel like HPS = cash crop where mixed spectrum properly dialed in = connoisseur cash crop.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as I were ridiculing them. They are just not my preference for most cases...Usually I only prefer the smoke from HPS crop with lots of other supplemented lighting. I just feel like HPS = cash crop where mixed spectrum properly dialed in = connoisseur cash crop.

Right on i use Growlux and Cfl's 2050k + 6500k + 2700k seems like that sort of mix to me. Thats why i use mixed spectrum myself.
Peace,.....Scrog
Fatigues-Respect.....Thanks for sharing & the link!

Roortokeage

Dec 30th 2009

-- Watered the Ryder 3/4 cup of Plain 6.7 PH water

-- Adjusted CFLS, Added one CFL, Raised Ryder closer to Panel

-- Added Small PC fan to Circulate the air better

--Everytime I water, My plant gives me the Frown =(

005-20.jpg

006-15.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts