What's new

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I do assume most women can't grow. not that I think they are incapable of it just at least all the women I know tend not to be less extroverted and less likely to really dig into it.

all I'm saying is if one of my guy friends told me he was growing weed I would assume he probably read a book, and had an outdoor plot or a closet setup.

If one of my girl-friends told me they were growing weed I'd sooner assume they had just put a couple of seeds in an old pot behind a bush in they're backyard. without much thought to it, just something they did one day.

not that I don't think women could get a book, or an account at a forum, and be as capable a grower as anyone else, just that they are less likely to do so. based on the women I know. not to offend anyone.

H

h g

generally speaking...women are only good for the "ing" things....u know like cooking, cleaning, sewing, shopping and some dirty words ending in "ing" as well....i presume this general principle includes growing

oh yeah...and hitting :bat:

G

THC. Perhaps you have never heard of the effect our moon has on, not only the ocean, but also on plants, animals, and humans. And of the humans, women are esspecially "in tune" with the "lunar pull" as it controls our menstral cycle. It is a well know fact that women who live together start to bleed together. So, its not "laughable" at all, to take a short leap from coiciding womens cycles, to coinsiding woman and plant cycles. Ya get me?
Lil bit of info.. If you can, take your cuttings on the new moon, and harvest on the full.

lei

perhaps some one brought this up already (i couldnt read this whole thread) but marijuana is a yin herb, has a very yin energy, and therefore is required more by men .....makes them more receptive, and passive and it puts them in better touch with themselves, their emotions.....balances out their yang. i know only a few women potheads, most women could take it or leave it.....and the female potheads that i know are often like myself very strong somewhat yang women....somewhat masculine. i feel that for women like this it also brings the yin into balance. a female herbalist i know catergorizes most herbs based on yin or yang qualities and gives people herbs that balance them. she and i have had this discussion before , not only related to pot but also talked about how some cultures who have psychedelic medicines dont allow the women to take them...like the ayahuasca(sp??)....theorizing that since women are naturally more in touch with the inner realm, the spirit realm, their own emotions, and having a more connected understanding of the whole, rather than the fragmented understanding which the male mind is more accustomed to ....basically the women dont need this medicine as much!

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
lei said:
perhaps some one brought this up already (i couldnt read this whole thread) but marijuana is a yin herb, has a very yin energy, and therefore is required more by men .....makes them more receptive, and passive and it puts them in better touch with themselves, their emotions.....balances out their yang. i know only a few women potheads, most women could take it or leave it.....and the female potheads that i know are often like myself very strong somewhat yang women....somewhat masculine. i feel that for women like this it also brings the yin into balance. a female herbalist i know catergorizes most herbs based on yin or yang qualities and gives people herbs that balance them. she and i have had this discussion before , not only related to pot but also talked about how some cultures who have psychedelic medicines dont allow the women to take them...like the ayahuasca(sp??)....theorizing that since women are naturally more in touch with the inner realm, the spirit realm, their own emotions, and having a more connected understanding of the whole, rather than the fragmented understanding which the male mind is more accustomed to ....basically the women dont need this medicine as much!

Well very interesting view. I have known many female potheads in my 30 years of smoking and I haven't experienced that "take or leave it" attitude among them at all. I am very feminine, but that is just speaking for me.

Z

zoolander

im a guy and i think women can be better growers than men women love detail and perfection thats why they do thier make up and can raise kids and men go to work and alot of men dont give a shit what they look like and i think women would keep a cleaner grow room than most men thats what makes ladies so unique :yummy:

Diego

I was tought a lot about planting from a hot chick for over a few months a few years ago who knew everything, had some huge ones next to her house that were some of the craziest imaginable, wish I had these pics still. Name was chickenfarmer online. She knew her shit lets say. Chickenshit is a nice organic secret igredient she tought me about using, that brings out a sweeter taste rather than a more watered down taste that sometimes too much bat guanos are used or more nitrogen based organics that tend to stay in too long. I wish she was still around to teach actually she was it.

CharasMan

Dutchgrown said:
Generally speaking of course.............:D............was recently thinking
why there aren't more women growers online? and why men automatically
assume
on various mj sites that the poster is a guy? Can't begin to
count how many messages I've received on other sites that all included
such things as "bro" or "mate", oh yes, and "dude", not that it bothered
me, always got a chuckle out of it. :p Perhaps it's because of all the electrical
work, or if hydro....plumbing too, just the construction/modification necessary of an indoor growing area?????

dg

I personally like to see female growers, even though in my culture Cannabis is male dominated. Basically in the lands where Cannabis originates, place such as Afghanistan, India, Pakistan you'll never see a woman involved with Cannabis.

I'm not trying to be offensive here, it's just that when everyone thinks about Cannabis, they automatically think about western cultures, such as Dutch and Jamaican cultures. But Cannabis' roots are in places such as the Indian sub-continent, where women traditionally have hardly any involvement in anything, especially cannabis.

G

do it up ladies...and put me down for the next issue of Bigguns-n-Buds...j/k....i have no doubt that a women can grow just as good if not better than males- honestly my girls seems to be more in touch with the ladies then i am....she knows when they are getting thirsty without lifting the pot..lol...

nikoatnight

Hi, read whole thread and being a single mom of 12 yrs old boy I can tell you the reason why is the risk of losing children is all that stops us. I live in canada and anything under 25 plants is a fine so thats why I grow now and the fact of getting ripped most of the time. Either crappy weed or so wet when it dries u loose half. Anyway thats my take on it.

G

First time to even look at this forum and I think this discussion has been great. I thought I'd go ahead and post because as I've posted and read in other threads/forums, I've had some lingering questions about this very topic.

First let me say that when I saw the forum's title it sort of pissed me off, and let me tell you why. There's all this posting area around here and someone felt the need to give women a named spot so they could post. Pissed me off a little that growing is so assumed to be a man's venture, that there is a designated area for women to go so they can post. I really don't think it should be an issue. I appreciate women's involvement in anything they choose to do.

Having said the above, I need to let you know that in my minds eye, when I read a post, I naturally assume I'm reading and replying to a man. Can't tell you why really, it just happens. At the same time though, I regularly wonder whether I have jumped to the wrong conclusion and am really having a conversation with a woman. I for one would love to be able to tell the difference.

In my case I think I may be mentally giving the poster a man's face because, as has been mentioned, women are typically stereotyped as the one's that are against the grows and as naggers who are constantly prodding the guy to do it somewhere else or stop altogether. I think you women need to make your presence more apparent and more known. Identify yourselves as being proud women growers. But please don't do it by using abrasive undertones like "bunch of gorillas beating their chests" or "men are the one's of the couple that are so quick to jump up and take the credit for the grow." Statements like that just indicate an underlying bitterness in my opinion and serve no real purpose.

I don't believe one gender is a better grower than the other. I believe interest in the venture and wanting to get the best results from the grow are the top two key components in how the grow turns out. In my opinion, neither of those are done better by one gender than by the other.

I deal with stereotypes every day. I'm a man, all man I might add, fought in wars and all that shit, but I'm a nurse by profession. I deal with attitudes all day every day from the other nurses who are females. I'm telling you nothing you shouldn't already know when I say the differences between men and women are inherent to our natures and beneficial to the outcome. Men think differently than women and one gender's thoughts and ideas seem foreign to the other. But when put together, all the sudden the picture becomes "art." I think every grow would benefit from participants from both genders whether we're talking human offspring or plant life offspring. I was told once by the only male professor I ever had in nursing school that the reason I was getting hammered by the women teachers for my answers and performance in the hospitals was because we thought differently. He told me I was thinking the exact way I needed to because I was thinking "outside the box" and that is where great things take shape. But he told me that nursing is typically considered a women's profession, staffed by women, taught by women and that nursing is "the box." I got it! Changed my whole way of thinking! Now it's not as personally bothersome when women judge my efforts as being different than the norm.

I think you ladies are having some of the same problems when it comes to feeling bad or angry when it's automatically assumed you're a man. Sooner you realize that the assumptions are natural and quit taking it personal as I was in nursing school the sooner your frustration level will drop.

Holy shit, did I just write all that! Sorry ladies, my ADHD is acting up and I wander when that happens. Thanks for allowing this gorilla to stomp around in here and beat my chest a bit.

Peace

Last edited:
G

JLP said:
The reason we assume not many women grow is that we assume that not many women smoke.
Most of us have had girlfriends or wives that didn't approve and it seems to me at least,that wemon that do smoke aren't as hardcore about it.
The obvoius problem here is that we need more women like you that not only smoke and grow,but excell at it.

JLP:)

my girlfriend looks down apon me as a retched creature of the earth when it comes to smoking. other than that we're great, but as far as women and growing.. lets face it. my mother my grandmother their grandmothers and mothers, all grew beautiful gardens and still do for the most part today, women know how to grow, they dont need forums to help them lol.. guys on the other hand we dont read the manual on how to build stuff, we just ask each other, hence the use of the forum and why its mostly men.. women are just naturals i guess... just my take on it though.. i am in no way putting down either gender or stereotyping, its just what i see that goes on. take care everyone.

izzy spun

I've never met a woman grower, but I am still hoping... Seriously, though, I love to do two things... blow glass, and grow grass, and I can think of no greater fantasy than to meet a goddess who could teach me something about both.

A couple of months ago, I went to the closest hydro shop to me, and The manager/sales person was a lady. She was fairly attractive, but when she startde talking about growing, she melted my heart. She was knowledgeable about a wide variety of nutrients/equipment, and it was obvious that her knowledge was from experience! By the time she got around to showing me her root balls, I had already planned the honeymoon! Her knowledge and experience made her simply one of the most attractive women I have ever encountered. Are there really more goddesses like this out there?? Please let it be...

Peace,
Izzy

Kizzattack

I assume more men are interested in growing than women, but not that women can't grow. It just seems that more men grow that I know. I think part of the reason for this is that when a lot of people see someone on here, unless they have a particularly feminine avatar or nickname people just assume it's a guy.

I don't think my girlfriend could grow too well though. She just doesn't have the patience or the care to dial in a grow. I'd like her to prove me wrong though!

norcalkell

When I go onto the Hydro store the guy's that are shoppong give me this weird look. I'm doing this solo now and I think I've done well.. If I can raise a child and nurture him.. I sure can pay attention to my babies.. and they will be stong yummy women..

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Only if they're not worried about having sex and the genitalia to have sex WITH. Some of you girls can get pretty mean. I had two girls drag me from my car when I was a kid. The beat my ass after finding out about eachother. LOL... Good times...

My wife just doesn't want anything to do with it other than smokin' and I like it that way. I'm sure she'd be wonderful at it if she chose to play.

Latest posts

Latest posts