What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

G

zunny said:
Well, quite honestly... I have never EVER met a female grower face to face.

I have however, met MANY women who smoke more than me. :D

How would you know that when smart growers dont tell anyone that isnt directly related to the grow, or at least live where the grow is located, plus chicks are usually smarter and better at keeping quiet, I think anyways, but then there are the chicks that live to gossip. So, what the hell do I know!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hmmm....I guess in an abstract way...not that they CAN'T, just that they don't as often as males do. I think the fact that my girl does not care/show interest, and most - 95% of my smoking friends are male, so I guess I tend to think of it in a bit of a pig-headed way. BUT NOT because women don't/can't grow, but just because that is my experience.

I don't on the other hand, think that my thoughts make me sexist....so,

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
i try not to assume anything. iv meet male growers. iv not meet any female growers. when u get right down to growing. its hard nasty work.

plus women have men. men grow to impress to get in that dress. j/k

i grow to live, but will admit i like the way women treat me when they get clued in on who grew that pot. im just high, so dont jump me...well unless ur a female grower...

Some women can grow so good they don't need soil, fertilizer or water. Why just yesterday, I saw this real pretty girl who I knew was an expert grower. She made things grow on me and I was 10 yards away. Yep, she was one fine grower.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
How yall ladys doin? slidin through ta show some love to my female growers, I get a lot of good growing info from the woman who runs the hydro store round here, many fine(fine) woman growers. Shit, ima get stitches book when it drops, their is a woman grower we couldnt do without! If only I could get my girl into growin....she be actin like im obsessed, can't lie its an addiction fa show, oh well. Crazy part is she love smokin it way more than me, think she'd go crazy without it! :smoweed:

Last edited:

Bud Meister

I think women are just as good at growing as men. However women dont seem to have the same intrest in growing weed as men do in general.

ResinQueen

I plan on trying my hand at growing after my Husband and I harvest our girls in about a month. He's taught me alot...so I'm pretty excited. :joint:

zenonzyta01

Hi all,

Women can be good growers.. Maybe moreso then men(womanly instincts and all) even.. But how often are women growers? It's not that men think women can't, it's that men only see a few women growing, so they assume that women can't...

And you all know what assumptions do...

ToughGirl

Believe it or not, the women I have talked to that grow large gardens are better about keeping their mouths shut about it. Men dwell on whatever their hobby is. If it's cars, that's all they talk about... cars cars cars. They become very competitive about whatever it is. And mj is no exception. Most guys that grow are absurdly into it (at least for a while), they can give you stat after stat after stat about everything, from the lumins of a bulb, to the ec of tap water. Half of the time they are just repeating things they have read. I think girls have a little bit more balance in their lives, I would love to dwell on what strain is the best for lst'ing, but I have other things to do! I don't have time to memorize every strain and stat in the mj world. Women are different, and in my opinion only, aren't suckered in as much by hype. Since I don't know many men in the real world these days, I have to go by these forums and what I've read. But it seems to me that guys like to make things more complex than they need to be, or they are just talking shit to show how smart they are, or how they have wayyyyyyy more experience than someone else. I've seen guys on forums get down right nasty when they don't agree with what you've said, or how you respond to a question posted on a thread. We've all seen it "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!! I CAN GROW MORE THAN YOU!!!!". Which is basically why I have strayed away from answering questions. I'm not here to compete with anyone, I'd go broke if I did.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I had to have a partner to grow with, it would be a lady hands down. Women tend to pay more attention to detail, plus they're more organized,
IMO, of course.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I posted earlier in another thread about this very subject, and it was then that I remembered starting this thread, almost 6 years ago.

Gee how time flies when you're having fun! :smokeit: :dance013:

I'm glad to see right here on ICM many more women posting about their grows. :canabis:
It's not about who does 'it' better....it's that 'it gets done' that matters. ;)

:smokeit: :huggg:
DG

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
I think the biggest reason there are more male growers is that men are more willing to break the law than woman are. I have had more than one girl dump me because I grow and they all were worried about the police, prison, ect. One girl hung in there for about 6 months living with me and said she couldn't take it any more, either the grow goes or she does. She couldn't get over the feeling of the door being kicked in anytime and our lives being turned upside down. I can't say that I blame her but I have always been willing to take that risk. I have not been lucky enough to date a woman that grows, that would be awesome... Maybe someday, things are much different now that my grows are much smaller, legal, and personal.