What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's GRAPE KRUSH

MasterKhufu

God I want some grape krush!

Anyone try to pop a pack of this from the boo recently?

I read there were major germ problems and gypsy refunded a lot of people and said he'd have the remaining stock tested. I haven't heard anything since and currently I see that they are still up at seedboutique.

Anyone?

I just have to have this strain before it's gone forever.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
think 2 diff people posted 10/10 not too long ago in dj forum

I am running 2 gk ladies right now and I am sold on the strain definitely worth exploring

I was lucky enough to be gifted some white x grapekrush yesterday and that is gonna be some sick shit I pop asap....

I would rate Grape krush at 7/10

The big pluses for the strain are

taste, structure, and genetics are "unique"
There is a decent stability in that the plants all will have the "blue" traits that make dj short famous.. but ...

the minuses are

that there is some variety to strain in bud size and plant structure.. some big some small.. this is not a super stable plant with every one similar in size and structure

you will have some that just don't grow through the "crinkled phase" when they start

you will also have hermaphrodites.. two out of 10 in a pack in a dialed enviroment

over fertilization is very easy not easy to grow.

Very expensive for 10 seeds..

With that I would still recommend Grape Krush.. But only to the farmer that is looking to try "something new".. Someone who isn't looking for a ultra potent sativa or indica.. but is interested in the fact that you will see leaves like you have never before and have the ability to make interesting crosses that will be MUCH better than the original. If you are just starting out, looking for something that gets you very high, easy to grow, and will give you the most "bang for the buck" in quantity of seeds for your $.

and yeah cannabible 3 became a joke in the series of books.. after being a real critique in the first one maybe two.. the third was a hand job

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran

well, I "accidentally" popped a pack today.. ( have no room and shouldn't have done it, but was curious )

will let you know how they pop in a couple days. I did not scuffing as I don;t do that for any of my seeds, what makes it makes it I say

as for wanting it, yeah, if you want it, you should get it, but keep in mind don't get upset if they germ badly for the price ratio...

optimal

Wanted grape krush. Ordered it thru the boo. Received cocoa kush instead..emailed help desk a while back with no reply.

M

Mr. Mountain

I absolutely LOVE this strain! Great job with the smoke report, you have done this strain true justice.

I just started another 6 seeds of my old Grape Krush 06-08'? stock, 100% germ, plants are all in 1 gal's and already topped.

I already have a keeper (for several years now) which I found out of a 10 pack, but I have plans on F2's for the server fund. So these latest 6 (and another old 10 pack I'm getting ready to start) will make up the F2 generation.

Here are a few pics of my current keeper: True "Welch's Grape" taste (especially from the hash, even from the "concrete" pictured below.)
No crinkle, heavy feeder and a HIGH YIELDER (one of my best.)

The high is excellent for the morning, or the evening. It seems to affect me differently at different times of the day. It levels me out... It keeps me centered, calm and above all happy! It helps with pain, depression, sleep and a number of digestive issues. True medicine.

I just got my new lens in the other day! So finally I can take proper photos again (I broke my old lens, D'oh!)

Pics of the newest arrivals will be in my old "Grape Krush In Aeroponics" thread, I should have it updated soon. Sorry if I'm cluttering up your thread (I'll remove anything you want.)

Have a wonderful morning/day,

Mr. Mountain

I

icon

wow very nice mr.mountain....i got some gdp x grape krush im now itching to pop

guerilla415

I read there were major germ problems and gypsy refunded a lot of people and said he'd have the remaining stock tested. I haven't heard anything since and currently I see that they are still up at seedboutique.

Anyone?

hey MK, looks like the new packs that are up are the grape krush v2's that i have heard about. From what I have read it is grape krush re-bred using a new father plant.

The old packs at the bay and boutique had low to no germination as I bought a few packs myself and got 0/20 even with 3 other packs of seeds right next to them all having 100% germ. Either way, gypsy sent me a pack of flo to replace them and Im fine with that except for the fact that I really wanted to get some of the last original GK beans out there.

Havent seen anything yet from anybody who has actually grown the GK2's, Id imagine its just another f5 or f6 blueberry dad. The orginal dad was quite a legend though so it will be hard to match the quality and stability. Im also pretty sure that the new version was bred by DJ's son.

good luck

guerilla

G

guest8905

i gave a patient a huge bag of f32s and he said he has popped a bunch and they look fantastic!

excited to try this one

calikush

I bought some grape kush from a local dispensary. It didn't look like the picture in the Cannabible, but it was really really good. Very unique, anxiety free, euphoric high. This strain is one of the best I've had so far. (another one is LA confidential)

Seismic

hey MK, looks like the new packs that are up are the grape krush v2's that i have heard about. From what I have read it is grape krush re-bred using a new father plant.

The old packs at the bay and boutique had low to no germination as I bought a few packs myself and got 0/20 even with 3 other packs of seeds right next to them all having 100% germ. Either way, gypsy sent me a pack of flo to replace them and Im fine with that except for the fact that I really wanted to get some of the last original GK beans out there.

Havent seen anything yet from anybody who has actually grown the GK2's, Id imagine its just another f5 or f6 blueberry dad. The orginal dad was quite a legend though so it will be hard to match the quality and stability. Im also pretty sure that the new version was bred by DJ's son.

good luck

guerilla

I got a 10/10 germ on the old pack pack of gk's I popped a little while back. Were purchased a few years back on the bou.

I grew out a pack of DJ's GK and have been smoking on it for awhile now. The taste is definitely grapey, and super smooth, no coughing here! Potency for me was 10/10, but I'm pretty sensitive to cannabis, and typically only smoke once every week or two. Growing GK was easy, and had all seeds germed with a good F/M ratio (7 out of 10 females).

Although pretty good, I've moved on to wanting a lower potency sativa type. The last high did me in, lol After smoking a bowl, had a total body high with heaviness, confusion, anxiety set in and the trip went bad. Really weird though after 20 minutes the high shifted to a more cerebral euphoria and so I went on a walk at night, was very memorable, felt like an awakening, walking on the moon feeling, if that makes any sense. This lasted for 30minutes or so and listened to music for the remaining time.

Friends that smoked the GK stated it had a great taste, really smooth, had a potency of 8/10, high was pleasant even body/head, "comfort weed" and functional ; Never received a WOW factor like some of the other strains Ive grown but enjoyed nevertheless :)

Frusciante

big up trich watcher

that looks & sounds exactly what i found in a pack of dutch passions-blueberry (regular)
been growing for quite a looong time & tried manny different strains over the years but this is my favourite pheno in my 14 years of growing lol 30+strains bla bla,i get so stoned & good vibes at the same time, its the best medicine against anxiety depression panic attacks,,kept a clone thank god,took 6 weeks to get roots,
for example lets say i smoke bad weed like a skunk haze cross & feel the heart racing like hell & negative thaughts start to come,like getting pstd.then i just grab a little blueberry grape pheno bud & and smoke it...my heart slooows down and all the bad feeling (vibes) dissapear and i can function 100 % without getting couchlocked

theres sooo much bad weed out there these days that causing depression anxiety panic & shit,,thats why i only smoke blueberry i found my soulmate (hearbmate).nuff said
one love

So what's the verdict on Grape Krush now? It's been 4 years since we've heard anything from Jason King and no future "advertisements" are coming. His bust on Dateline: To Catch a Predator stopped the Cannabibles for good it seems.

Latest posts

Latest posts