What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ Short's GRAPE KRUSH

I absolutely love the flavor of Grape Ape! However, I find that she like to get bananas often at the very end of flower, which takes away some of the visual appeal. I think im finally going to look for a better all around Grape flavored strain.

After reading so many positive reviews and looking at all of your fantastic photos, I now know where to begin. Hope to find a GK that has a flavor that is similar to that grape bubblegum, jolly rancher candy smell. As a bonus, sounds like she is a good yielder too, compared to some other DJ strains.

Thanks for this thread guys and gals!

Cheers

merkaba

Does anyone know if the ram horn leaves are just a train of DJ Short strains (looks like N toxicity). I have seen lots of photos with this going on.

merkaba

Sorry I forgot to rotate these. At any rate, I have seen numerous pictures of beautiful DJ Short strains finished with these same curled leaves. I am running H&G Aqua Flakes at about 800ppm in coco on a drip. Other strains in the same table are badly underfed, so I think it's just genetics. These are about 3 weeks in.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpg
    IMG_2349.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2350.jpg
    IMG_2350.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 20

Miraculous Meds

I get some funny looking leaves but that looks like overfeeding or over watering. Badly under fed in coco at 800ppm shouldn't be. Something else is going on, check ur waterings maybe too much, and look for pests in the root zone. What scale u on 500 or 700?

merkaba

I actually read in another thread that overwatering makes this (Grape Krush) curl like that. Def. not over fertilized. I use the Aqua Flakes as I am in a recirculating drip system.

merkaba

I have a OG Raskal White Super Skunk on the same table and it is almost yellow it is so deficient. I knew that Grape Kush would use less food, but man! I am going to experiment with watering less.

Miraculous Meds

I have a OG Raskal White Super Skunk on the same table and it is almost yellow it is so deficient. I knew that Grape Kush would use less food, but man! I am going to experiment with watering less.

Its probably watering on the wss as well. They will definitely yellow like that from too much water drowning the roots causing them not to take up nutrients. the crinkle is normal. The curled leaves in ur pics aren't normal. Look at my thread, Ive got like 65 dj short seedlings going and there is crinkle but not the leaf folding under like urs.
gl

merkaba

Ah yes, I didn't even think of that...I am currently only watering for 1 min, 3 times during lights on...basically until there is run off. I think I will just cut them back to 1 time a day and see how they fair

merkaba

I have another table of them 1 week in, going to experiment with nutrients first. I set it at 500ppm. Still being watered 3 times a day for 1 min. They def. use less water though, there are 2 other strains in the table and those 4 plants are drier by far. We shall see.....

merkaba

They will be fine, it's just figuring out what makes them tick. I knew his strains were fickle, def. not like the robust hybrids I usually run, but hey, that's why I got them ;)

The pheno I had was very stable, and not nute sensitive after a few weeks of veg.
I got the clones from a local dispensary though.

merkaba

Here the burnt ones are at 5wks. I have another table that I watched the watering and cut the nutes back to 400ppm (vs my other tables that run at 1200!) they look much more "normal". Still not sure if I will do anything more than use it as head stash and breading material. Doesn't appear they are going to put out more than 15 grams each. Even the healthy happy ones don't have the structure to put out, unless the buds start seriously running up these very woody stems. The smell is aaaaaamzing!

Attachments

• IMG_2425.jpg
    IMG_2425.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2422.jpg
    IMG_2422.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Latest posts