What's new

DJ Short Blueberry Using Rezipe w/Drippers/Hand Water Side by Side Grow

benzo

Thanks yo!

420 UPDATE:

quick pics.. ill show ya what im smokin on once I get back from school.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:canabis::smoweed::rasta:

Happy 420 everyone!

crtoker

I am enjoying your style Benzo. You are becoming a mad cloner and LST'er and I am sure to learn some good things here. Pulling up a chair bro.

Peace,

crtoker

benzo

I am enjoying your style Benzo. You are becoming a mad cloner and LST'er and I am sure to learn some good things here. Pulling up a chair bro.

Peace,

crtoker

Thanks! I got roots on almost all the DJ's. Pics of 420, and clones will be up ASAP!

benzo

UPDATE 4/22/10

All the Blueberrys rooted.. except the 2 speed queens.
picture.php

Took a crap load more clones..
picture.php

Trying some in coco.. seeing if I can get it to work.
picture.php

All the leafs only have 3 fingers to em. not 5 or 7. not on any plants. Is this a characteristic of true dj short blueberry?
picture.php

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^bb is a weird strain, and can be hard to clone. sometimes it has warping and weird leaves for no reason, but im not sure if only three leaves is normal. look on the breeders threads. edit also, i see from your pic you use clonex. for some reason I can never clone with the stuff, even in a hydroponic cloner. I stick to the clonex liquid, and greem light rooting hormone. The gel just doesnt work for me.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=92

indifferent

Veteran
Yes, BB often produces 3-bladed leaves in veg. I've not run the club cut but i have grown a lot of BB from seed and cutting over the years.

I'm a coco grower and I am very impressed with your approach to this. The idea to compare hand watering to drippers is great, I am keen to see your results.

I hand water daily till at least 15% runoff. I can't find where i put my manifolds and drippers, can only find the pump so I can't setup my drippers again just yet. Start with 4 drippings per day, 1-2 mins each time, then increase the time of each dripping as they get older till eventually you are dripping 5 mins 4 times a day. That is a rule of thumb for the way i grow in coco using pots between 2 and 3.5 litres and works great.

So are you just feeding the GH Micro, Bloom and Kool Bloom? I would recommend adding a good humic/fulvic product, it really is a boost in coco to have those humics and fulvics in there. Some liquid silicon is also a good idea in coco, gives you really strong, thick stems.

benzo

^bb is a weird strain, and can be hard to clone. sometimes it has warping and weird leaves for no reason, but im not sure if only three leaves is normal. look on the breeders threads. edit also, i see from your pic you use clonex. for some reason I can never clone with the stuff, even in a hydroponic cloner. I stick to the clonex liquid, and greem light rooting hormone. The gel just doesnt work for me.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=92

THank you for the link! I knew it existed, but couldn't find it. Cause when im stoned looking for it, other links tend to distract me :)

As for clonex, I used before with horrible results. Then I made an Aero Cloner with just regular ole tap water 100% success rate. But since I'm doing coco, i didnt know how well or fast they will go from the cloner to coco.

My buddy has been cloning in RW with clonex with 90%ish sucess so I figured I have him help me and give it a shot.

outta the 10 blues i took, they all rooted. but I only kept the 8 healthiest

indifferent

Veteran
You can go direct from an aero or bubbler cloner to coco, it works great, did it for years myself, now I gone back to using cubes to clone in because i got sick of the noise of the air pumps. The day someone invents a totally silent air pump I will be a happy man!

benzo

Yes, BB often produces 3-bladed leaves in veg. I've not run the club cut but i have grown a lot of BB from seed and cutting over the years.

I'm a coco grower and I am very impressed with your approach to this. The idea to compare hand watering to drippers is great, I am keen to see your results.

I hand water daily till at least 15% runoff. I can't find where i put my manifolds and drippers, can only find the pump so I can't setup my drippers again just yet. Start with 4 drippings per day, 1-2 mins each time, then increase the time of each dripping as they get older till eventually you are dripping 5 mins 4 times a day. That is a rule of thumb for the way i grow in coco using pots between 2 and 3.5 litres and works great.

So are you just feeding the GH Micro, Bloom and Kool Bloom? I would recommend adding a good humic/fulvic product, it really is a boost in coco to have those humics and fulvics in there. Some liquid silicon is also a good idea in coco, gives you really strong, thick stems.

Thank you as well for stopping by and the advice!!

We ended up starting 12/12.

and the clones were a tad bit to tiny so from RW cubes, to a lil circle pot with coco, right into veg closet. Ill veg em out a week then through them on the dripper side.

thanks for the time schedules for the drippers, cause honestly, everyone does it so different I couldnt decided on how many times to water, or the time. Now I have a baseline to work with.

I am using 6/9 micro and bloom. No kool bloom for a few more weeks.

Does Canna have a the humic/fulvic or silicon line?

I'm most likely going to switch to canna coco and canna a/b once I use up these nutes. as I dont see many people using it

benzo

You can go direct from an aero or bubbler cloner to coco, it works great, did it for years myself, now I gone back to using cubes to clone in because i got sick of the noise of the air pumps. The day someone invents a totally silent air pump I will be a happy man!

hahahaha i like the noise of the air pumps!

Guess I will clean it out and set it back up again then!

did you let them get HUGE roots? or only a couple inches long?

indifferent

Veteran
I usually took em out when roots where half an inch or so long, but if left a while, they would grow long roots just like in DWC.

I use Canna Coco A+B in coco and love the stuff, so reliable. Canna don't do a humic/fulvic, they include some in the A+B, but I like to add more. Dutchmaster MAX Bloom is the best humic/fulvic I have found, but others work good too, I have used Grotek's and GHE's before and some others, I forget which.

Canna also don't do a liquid silicon. I have used Hydrogarden Silica+, Dutchmaster Silica, Budlink Silica and Growth Technology Liquid Silicon. They all work, you get stronger, thicker stems and overall more strong, disease resistant plants.

Canna's PK13/14 is good stuff but I prefer AN Hammerhead as I find it gives a tad more resin. I hear AN are discontinuing Hammerhead, so I will probably switch to Canadian Xpress Superior Potash when I run out of Hammerhead as it's supposed to be the same formula and has the same NPK values.

Last edited:

benzo

i like the red stripe !!

mmmmm i do too.

Red Strip, New Castle, Guinness, Bud LIght and Miller High Life are my favorite beers haha

I usually took em out when roots where half an inch or so long, but if left a while, they would grow long roots just like in DWC.

I use Canna Coco A+B in coco and love the stuff, so reliable. Canna don't do a humic/fulvic, they include some in the A+B, but I like to add more. Dutchmaster MAX Bloom is the best humic/fulvic I have found, but others work good too, I have used Grotek's and GHE's before and some others, I forget which.

Canna also don't do a liquid silicon. I have used Hydrogarden Silica+, Dutchmaster Silica, Budlink Silica and Growth Technology Liquid Silicon. They all work, you get stronger, thicker stems and overall more strong, disease resistant plants.

Canna's PK13/14 is good stuff but I prefer AN Hammerhead as I find it gives a tad more resin. I hear AN are discontinuing Hammerhead, so I will probably switch to Canadian Xpress Superior Potash when I run out of Hammerhead as it's supposed to be the same formula and has the same NPK values.

hell yeah man. i got some studying to do. I knew the silicon was good for plants.. just didnt know if I could use in coco.
now i know.

so I'm thinking Dutchmaster MAX Bloom, and Dutch Master Silica, in conjunction with the rezipe shall work just fine?

is it added with every feeding ? or once in a while useage like the Kool Bloom?

P

Peat

:tiphat: Very nice grow, benzo!
I switched to coco, not long ago.

Currently running just 6/9 ... Drip / Drain to waste.
(soon to be experimenting w/ E&F...) (...& always shopping other nutes...)

Sorry if I missed it (I'm still catching up), but do you re-use your coco?

indifferent

Veteran
Becuase coco doesn't have any silicates in it like soil does, I think a little silicon is a very good thing in coco. The MAX Bloom is damn good stuff, it is a humic/fulvic product but also contains phospholipids giving it a NPK of 0-2-3. I use it every watering from the beginning of flower. Silicon I use twice per week in flowering, this seems to be sufficient.

Yes, you can definitely add the DM MAX and Silica to the Rezipe, the Rezipe is a stripped down concept, it has only the essentials, and while it works, I think humic/fulvic and silica are both close to essential in coco.

One thing I didn't mention is seaweed, I add seaweed extract every watering. Canna A+B has seaweed in it already. Maxicrop is good stuff and everywhere sells it. I;m not sure what other seaweeds are available as I live in the UK and I still use the powdered seaweed extract I bought from a now bankrupt locally company, I have half a kilogram sack of it left, enough for another 5 years at least!

benzo

:tiphat: Very nice grow, benzo!
I switched to coco, not long ago.

Currently running just 6/9 ... Drip / Drain to waste.
(soon to be experimenting w/ E&F...) (...& always shopping other nutes...)

Sorry if I missed it (I'm still catching up), but do you re-use your coco?

Yo Peat. This is my first run with coco actually. I might re use the coco for mother plants. but for next run I'm switching to canna coco :)

What schedule is your drippers set up at?

Becuase coco doesn't have any silicates in it like soil does, I think a little silicon is a very good thing in coco. The MAX Bloom is damn good stuff, it is a humic/fulvic product but also contains phospholipids giving it a NPK of 0-2-3. I use it every watering from the beginning of flower. Silicon I use twice per week in flowering, this seems to be sufficient.

Yes, you can definitely add the DM MAX and Silica to the Rezipe, the Rezipe is a stripped down concept, it has only the essentials, and while it works, I think humic/fulvic and silica are both close to essential in coco.

One thing I didn't mention is seaweed, I add seaweed extract every watering. Canna A+B has seaweed in it already. Maxicrop is good stuff and everywhere sells it. I;m not sure what other seaweeds are available as I live in the UK and I still use the powdered seaweed extract I bought from a now bankrupt locally company, I have half a kilogram sack of it left, enough for another 5 years at least!

I really appreciate your help!! I actually have Maxicrop too. I can just add that to my res? or should I add it to a gallon of water, and use that to my feed?

What I mean is, if I mix that directly into my res, will it get all nasty and not last as long?

One more question. The Dutch Master Bloom won't interfere or burn when I use with the Kool Bloom?

P

Peat

Yo Peat. This is my first run with coco actually. I might re use the coco for mother plants. but for next run I'm switching to canna coco :)

What schedule is your drippers set up at?

What is this schedule thing you speak of??? :dunno:

Sorry I'm no help. :redface:

I'm not doing much more than "remote hand watering".
I'm just plugging in the pump, and dripping til runoff.

Usually just once, after the lights come on.
But sometimes I'll do that a couple, or 3 times.
If it seems that they need a more thorough soaking.
(Some always seem to need more than others, ya kno.)

benzo

What is this schedule thing you speak of??? :dunno:

Sorry I'm no help. :redface:

I'm not doing much more than "remote hand watering".
I'm just plugging in the pump, and dripping til runoff.

Usually just once, after the lights come on.
But sometimes I'll do that a couple, or 3 times.
If it seems that they need a more thorough soaking.
(Some always seem to need more than others, ya kno.)

hahahaha.. thats the same thing I was doing. just plugging it in till i got run off. thanks anyways tho :)

indifferent

Veteran
I doubt the DM Max will interfere with the Kool Bloom. Kool Bloom isn't sold in the UK, but I have used the DM Max in conjunction with other PK boosters - AN Big Big Powder, AN Hammerhead, with no issues.

I have used Maxicrop in my res before when I used DWC, never gave me any problems. Not used it with drippers though. I can't see Maxicrop causing any res issues, seaweed is used by many folks in hydro with great results.

Resuing coco is a good idea, I just remove most of the roots by hand, flush it good, then re-use. I find you can re-use it several times, I used the same coco for over a year with no problems.