What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Vertical Cooler System

gunnaknow

Thanks GDW. Yes, I was talking about the six feeder hoses coming off the feeder head. Here's the question again to refresh your memory.

gunnaknow said:
I'm really loving this thread GDW, I can't get enough! One thing didn't seem clear to me when reading your thread, maybe you will be getting to that soon anyway. You said that feeding would come from the top. Do you mean that all six feeder tubes will come down the pipe, cut to length so that each tube ends at it's designated wye? I take it that using just one feeder tube per pipe and letting the water run down from the very top to feed all sites wouldn't work as well? Perhaps that would overwater the top sites and underwater the bottom sites?

somoz

Veteran
2 zips per site is ambitious but i like it goldy! With the correct strain and the correct additives I think you can do it though, i've seen some vertical guys pull close to 3zips a site.....pretty fuckin impressive imo.....

I was talking more about the rubber hose side but if you have pics of your pump to pvc I wouldn't mind taking a gander at those either........Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan sussed out goldy........i look forward to you enacting it. Thanks.

moz

G

Hey everyone, sorry about not having a picture of the tubing. I've got family over for the week and had to pack everything up. Got a bunch of little kids running around wrecking the place, lol. I'll try to get a picture of the tubing and dripper's. All the stuff is. It's extentiong lines in 1/4" that is used for drip systems for outside gardens. This is the stuff "without" lazer drilled holes. This stuff is just like normal 1/4" hose. You cut it to length and push it over the nipple on the feeder head or monifold. Then route it the way you like up to whatever feeder site. Then you will push it over the end nipple on the dripper. I do not know how i'm going to keep the dripper's in place as of yet, but i'll work that out when i get to that part. I know, some or almost all of you. Are not going to want to hear this, but since the family is here. I'll have to hold off a few days on finishing up the unit. Plus, i'm still short that last manifold, DAMN Home Depot. Well, ask any queations and i'll try to answer them. I'll try to get some work done, but i doubt it. With the family here and all.
Thanks,
BG

somoz

Veteran
Don't sweat it goldy: Enjoy the weekend and when you get to it ya get to it.........Have fun with the lil ones............moz

G

i know it hasnt been a week, but i just want more people to see this. bump.

G

Sorry everyone, been working alot. Been pulling some 12-13 hour days and been super tired. Plus, i'm dealing with some family drama right now. More a less, getting home and listening to some shit, showering, checking IC and off to bed. I am in the middle of putting a update together and splitting the thread some also. I'm going to build a smaller unit for those that have been pm'ing me about a unit that will fit in a cabinet. I'm going to build a 5 gal bucket unit with 2 tubes and 12 grow sites. Of course, you can reduce the number of grow sites to fit need. I'm also trying to redesign a manifold that evveryone can make out of PVC pipe so they don't have to worry about finding those funny looking feeder heads. I know everyone is wait, just give me alittle bit more time and it will be worth it, i promiss. Already got the pump and other goodies. Just got to finish up the other grow sites and cut the hose to lenth. I did figure out how to attach hose with drippers. Found some 4 inch stakes. Everyone will see soon enough. I will have a major update no later then Nov 8-9. I'll be on a week paid vaction, so i'll be getting stuff done around the house. If anyone has any question. Please ask away.
Take care and thanks for understanding,
BG

G

no problem BG....you do what ya got to do...we all will be here waiting....stay safe and sane

G

I like the idea of the buckets, easier to move in and out of the way. Cheaper to build as well, so we can get some more people caught on to vertical growing. Love it.

G

buckets dont sound bad for a smaller version...kind of curious as to how hard it would be to get in the tank with plants in....guess we'll see...

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
WOW!!!! very nice setup.

BTW a women with, and knowing how to use power tools, is really making me hot.
Want to get married, joking, meaning no disrespect at all. :wave:

You are the tim allen of ICMAG :woohoo:

gunnaknow

I think GDW is a dude. I think anyone calling themselves a garden pimp would be. lol

Last edited:
G

Hydrofome420 said:
WOW!!!! very nice setup.

BTW a women with, and knowing how to use power tools, is really making me hot.
Want to get married, joking, meaning no disrespect at all. :wave:

You are the tim allen of ICMAG :woohoo:

That is too funny. I'll let you in on alittle clue, because i pee standing up. lolol. Do alittle looking around and you'll figure out the answer. :chin:

Yes, i'll be around tomorrow or thursday with your updated pictures and info. By this weekend. There is going to be alot of info and catching up. Will have the 5 gal bucket unit up also. There should be alot of happy members. Will also have the test fire also. I'm hoping for no leaks. I guess will see soon enough.

Take care,
BG

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Hydro will now go in to his hole and hide his moronic self deep deep in the earth. :wave:

G

no need to hide...you now know what they mean when you assume ...GDW....cant wait for the update....stay safe

G

Ok, just got home from work. Give me a couple of hours and i'll have a update for you guys and girls. There was alittle problem but i'll explain in the update. Nothing bad or anything. Just had to make alittle change on the feeder head. You'll see soon enough. Stay tune and the show will resumer. Thanks for waiting around everyone.
take care,
BG

Latest posts

Latest posts