GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
looks like you used the white balance trick also :tiphat:

looking good !!!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
White balance trick? I do not know what that is. The natural color is due to the WW supplemental bulbs. She's quite reddish at the top 10" where the ufo is

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temps are back up in the low 80s and expected to hit 88 in the next day or two. sucks for trics but nothing I can do. Morning temps inside the LED Tent ~ 80*s! so I have to open the flaps and use my recirculating fan throughout the day. Even with that, temps are high 70s.

HOT5 Tent

Actinic Blue Experiment

One plant has side branches on each side of the fixture, so one was getting ATI the other QF. The ATI side had more trics, but the QF side has more bulk and somewhat fatter calyxes. This morning I replaced the other ATI Actinic Blue with Quantum Flower. I may reintroduce the ATIs during the last week

LED

Buds have doubled in size since adding the Intense Spot. The lower branches were not getting much light so I added an extender and moved the Philips 17w down low

I thought the top 12" was going to be one cola, but side branches are popping right where the Intense Spot is most concentrated

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a thread regarding how big a bucket needs to be for Bubbleponics. It has photos of 3-5 g buckets that are clogged with roots. IMO, their problem is that they are not using a big enough air pump and quality air stones. This pic is the roots from my ~40" plant in mid-flower. The container is ~ 2g. Air pump is 45 L/M

The root ball is ~ grapefruit size. Why so small? IMO it is due to the roots not getting unnecessarily saturated, sort of like if you over boil pasta it swells

View attachment 215643 View attachment 215644

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOT5

After a week of adjusting pH and ppms in my rez it occurred to me to convert to D2W. Easy to do, just reroute the drain tube to an empty container during flower, and especially during heavy flower the plants dump high pH waste. Better to not have it recirculate, even if pH adjusted

View attachment 215776 View attachment 215777

View attachment 215778

And since I am feeding only 3xs during lights on, with each feed/spray < 8ozs, it's easy to replenish from premixed nutes

I'm excited to see what the next week brings

LED

Changed nutes ~590. Thinking she could easily handle another 50-100watts, but according to breeder, she looks fine

View attachment 215779 View attachment 215780

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOT5 Tent

Probably ~ 10- 15 days left

Time to cut nute ppm back by ~ half, now 340ppms

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hot5's getting exciting then!

how far along is the LED side then? i wonder if some lower branch defoliation might have focused more stacking on the upper buds and made it match your expectations? i say that because there are a lot of flower sites and they mostly seem to be stacking pretty good! like i said earlier i do like that branching structure ~i can see a badass scrog'n plant in there

rootidec

Veteran
There is a thread regarding how big a bucket needs to be for Bubbleponics. It has photos of 3-5 g buckets that are clogged with roots. IMO, their problem is that they are not using a big enough air pump and quality air stones. This pic is the roots from my ~40" plant in mid-flower. The container is ~ 2g. Air pump is 45 L/M

The root ball is ~ grapefruit size. Why so small? IMO it is due to the roots not getting unnecessarily saturated, sort of like if you over boil pasta it swells

that's good info pet :)
I wonder if you can say something similar about soil? That is, I wonder why some get rootbound, while some others - well, I'm thinking i.e. of the yogurt cup challenge.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HOT5 Tent

Thanks to some cooler weather, this tent is finishing lot faster than I thought it would earlier this week. So, I replaced the other Quantum Flower (bulb post #4) with a Wave Point Coral Wave, which, in addition to a strong blue 400-430 (similar to the ATI Actinic Blue, but dipping to 380) also has FR/DR (660-780)

Last edited:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i would say you could potentially benefit from some lolli-popping

~this from a guy who isnt much for pruning though {and i wouldnt be too aggro about it either}

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
which speaks to leaving those lower leaves eh?

lol; idk because i have done both and what i think is you just get fewer bigger buds lollipop'n and i kinda like them 1 hit buds

if i ever weighed maybe i would know/whats the fun in that?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited: