What's new

DIY: 2 Super Simple KISS Systems

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I had a lot relative to the total watts.

Alas, smallest bulb I found was 50w. I could have bought another timer and fixture and run it separately, but...

Also how much/little is going to depend on where the original strain was developed. Those closer to the equator would handle more UV better

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My DIY 21st Century 'F' & D 2.5

My DIY 21st Century 'F' & D 2.5

Just thought I would show you where I am taking the design

If you want to follow my thread is on RIU this time

Have 6 viable clones. 3 from the led and 3 from the F & D

Clones are under combination of UFO 90 R/B ~ 8:1 positioned ~ 24" above the canopy + LEDS are ~ 15" above the canopy

2 @ 7.5w Utilitech 5000K (490 lm)
1 @ 12.5w Philips ~ 3700K (800 lm)
1 @ 7.5w Utilitech 3000K (450 lm)
1 @ 12w EcoSmart 5000K (850 lm)

Since adding the 850 lm bulb some 36 hours ago, new leafs are popping up

View attachment 201683 View attachment 201684 View attachment 201685 View attachment 201686

Once they outgrow this, I have a large red 50G tote to finish under the HOT5

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idea to MAX Out nm Spectrums, Thereby Supercharging Growth

Idea to MAX Out nm Spectrums, Thereby Supercharging Growth

Know anything about Merkaba shape called Cosmic Energy?

Notice the shadow image the leds created in the center of the image below, taken by Guod, who did not see tangible benefits. I'm thinking a larger panel, made up of multiple clusters is needed

2435590d1355054880t-diy-modular-led-light-mix1.jpg

To me, seeing them cast an actual sacred geometry image is very significant.

Proof to me, that there must be something to Sacred Geometry's relationship to pure energy.
Light is an expression of energy, and life itself.

I'm thinking how to enhance it. Perhaps a small power crystal (amplifier) in the center of each cluster... then,
duplicate the clusters, from the center out (encircling the first cluster, and so on). Panels can be as large as you want. Personally, I would follow Astir Grows panel size, and make 3+ small panels at least 3 ring wide

This may be the ultimate UFO/shape, whose cluster's cumulative energy effects might energetically super charge anything grown under it.

It certainly won't hurt, so why not? The remaining question is, which nm diodes, and where to position them to further amplify the energy

Anybody willing to test this? Pretty PLEASE
kiss.gif
I promise to only say nice things about you (espcially if you let me Beta test
smoking.gif
, like... Pioneer

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry ~lol

in your post #103; I cant see the picture where you wrote "Know anything about Merkaba shape called Cosmic Energy?

Notice the shadow image the leds created in the center of the image below, taken by Guod, who did not see tangible benefits. I'm thinking a larger panel, made up of multiple clusters is needed
"

that image; wherein we notice the shadow image the leds created is broken for me

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome. Been a while since anyone has commented

Hope you pick up some useful 411

I have a new grow on another grow site. If you do search of my UN, you might find it. Lots of new stuff there

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update on Both HOT5 and LED Tents

Update on Both HOT5 and LED Tents

LED Tent

This is my first grow using BrandX seeds. He specializes in ploy-crosses. This WH/BG cross was pure Indica until I flipped. Primary leafs 2 hands wide, but secondary branching is all sat. She has great infrastructure to hold a lot of bud cribs. Plus she is getting ample below canopy supplemental lighting to infill nicely

Yesterday, he told me how amazed he is with how well the female is doing. She is 29" and just started building bud sites yesterday. She was vegged under household leds only, then when I flipped I added a ufo 90 (R/B). I also supplement with small 6.5w household leds

View attachment 213828

HOT5

These are the clones from previous grow. If you look back you will see forearm size colas

View attachment 213829

View attachment 213830 View attachment 213831

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great progress shots petflora!

i m liking that branching structure on the WH/BG too

rootidec

Veteran
Hi petflora,
have been watching (in shade) but it is too far from my knowledge to comment in a constructive way - I really, really appreciate your efforts man :)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi petflora,
have been watching (in shade) but it is too far from my knowledge to comment in a constructive way - I really, really appreciate your efforts man :)

Just trying to give back for all the great and varied help I have gotten on IC

Pssst, in the lower left, second icon is a rep button

Hey M, you been following my grow on the other popular grow site?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a couple clones from my LED Tent- named her Phoenix- and put them in my kitchen window to root. Had nowhere else to put them as both tents are flowering.

Then it hit me. I have lots of totes from my hpa grows. My air pump has 4 outlets, so I cut a long section of tubing to reach. Also on hand; a spare vanity fixture, a 5000K 850 lumen EcoSmart led bulb, and a cheap timer. Nothing to buy, for now

I placed the tote close to Phoenix's tent, so was able to position the circ fan to reach both.

I need to get a small tote (as a bubbler) to fit inside that will accommodate 6 clones

This should hold me until one of tents is harvested

View attachment 214167 View attachment 214168 View attachment 214169

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My fixture is 8 bulb which allows me to compare one side against the other. They are virtual mirrors with the exception of one UVL 660

As plants are well along in flower (really liking the addition of the Quantum Flower bulbs), about a week ago I decided to replace one Quantum Flower bulb with a ATI Blue Actinic. Within 4 days the ATI side has more trics and more swollen calyxes. So today, I swapped out the other Quantum Flower for another ATI BA

This is way more blue than I would have thought, so will keep an close watch on whether the second ATI is counterproductive.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i want to say thanks as well

always appreciate the details like that petflora

!