What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using it in flower would be a better option then in veg? Ive used Mammoth P but only in veg.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Using it in flower would be a better option then in veg? Ive used Mammoth P but only in veg.

Directions say to use throughout the life of plant.

Dank.frank- Mammoth Microbes posted on Facebook that some growers were using Mammoth P as a clone dunk and getting better roots. They showed a picture but didn't have a before pic, or a pic of any untreated clones to compare with. So who knows?!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Making phosphorus more available will make roots grow because roots need and use phosphorus to grow roots in the first place. It only stands to reason, but that IS NOT the purpose of the product. It is NOT for roots or to inoculate roots with - the product is a PSB mix and that is it's intended purpose.

Them posting such is just marketing 101.

Personally, I'm interested because I'm running a soil bed, which means I only intend to use it in flower. If I was using containers or pots I'd not consider using it.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let me say, first of all, this concept is silly. Get away from thinking like that.

Left over roots = organic matter = part of the soil food web = get decomposed by moisture and living organisms - everything from worms, to land crustaceans, to soil mites, to trichoderma, to various leaf molds.

All these are part of a natural system that converts raw organic materials into dirt. Without this hierarchy in play, your soil is basically an inert media making use of available ions and never really converting much of anything. That's why some organic systems are constantly NEEDING teas or foliars to fulfill a cycle.

If you look back, I state I was giving a few feeds - but the reason I stated for doing so is more important than the fert recipe.

This is precisely why I want to try Mammoth P. The science - well, what I've managed to learn about soil and my understanding of how things work - the science behind Mammoth P makes PERFECT sense and it IS a break through, in terms of not only accessing previously lost soil bound phosphorous, but in how that relates to reducing application rates in the first place.

Keep in mind - cannabis is a dynamic accumulator, capable of even nuclear bio-remediation. We REALLY want to give it as little as possible in the process of trying to get our desired outcome.

Side tangent sorry, but - it ties in because the key to ALL THINGS - so both leaving old roots in the soil and getting more from applied fertilizers - in an organic system goes back to the bacteria, fungi, and other creatures in the compost cycle converting raw materials into usable ionic forms. Soil is, or should be, a living, functioning ecosystem.

I have some grow reflections to make regarding soil here soon - and it may play a part in why my plants have seemed a bit necrotic this whole round. Another post though.

dank.Frank

PM inbound!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I got thrown a curve ball. I was expecting to do a pheno hunt in Karma Genetics new Zkittles x Sour D Bx2 - but - the testers are here and no Zourz seeds, so, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to run now. Big set back that changes everything going forward in this room. I was hoping to find a cut that had IC 2020 cup potential in that line...

Instead I'm looking at:

1 x Cheese
1 x Mochi
1 x Bandaid Haze#7
1 x Leda Uno
1 x OSH

To be honest, I talked to Karma about all these lines and he talked me out of any interest in all of them in terms of the goals I had and he directed me to the Zkittles cross.

I'll need 32 females for a seed run to be of any practical merit in terms of a real pheno hunt and finding something potentially special enough to enter a contest. These longer haze lines won't even but barely given me a chance to flower out in time for a cup run, so they aren't practical. Running and handful of females from 5 different lines in my space is also not exactly ideal - and does not really give me any confidence in finding something to achieve my 2020 goal.

No A5 x Sour D Bx2. No Sour Power x Sour D Bx2. No Zkittles x Sour D Bx2. Those were the ones I felt were going to be putting out something special.

I sent a PM to brother KG to figure out what I'm supposed to be running. It's all up in the air now. :joint:

dank.Frank

pinkus

Veteran
This is quite cool but I think you are putting the cart before the horse if you don't have a chosen plant, just a desire to compete. Still, happy hunting and the best of luck.

:bandit:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dig through your seedbank and dig a few out that you always wanted to visit but never did for one reason or another.

You keep complaining you have all these old seeds. You've gotta have something special tucked away in there somewhere.

You don't have to have the newest hotness to win a cup. You know that.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Pinkus - I disagree. Anything I grow is a potential contender. I wanted to enter a new seed find to prove a point though. If I wanted to cheat, I'd just run an elite clone and kick the door down.

That aside, I DO have a particular plant already in reserve. My next round will basically be a full room of it.

I'd much rather win with Stank Bros gear than anything else, personally. However, I don't have any issue earning hardware for F.A.M. and close friends who are breeders either.

I'm waiting on a package from Top Dawg Seeds as well. I might just wait and see what comes in that before I drop these 5 packs of KG beans.

Right now though, I'm thinking Cheese, Mochi, and Leda Uno will take a splash.

@Got Bud - Timing is really tight. I don't have the luxury of waiting those extra days for seeds to pop or not or maybe or. That waiting game isn't key right now. Need fresh beans to ensure numbers and a full room of plants.

But yes. I might pull out the A5 x White OG Ix line and Airborne G13 X Biker Kush from KG just to keep the room all one breeder.

I certainly have options, but it's so much easier to sort a bunch of one line. Then I don't have 60 new mom's I'm worried about keeping around. SOME in a larger seed pop you know aren't the best specimen so you don't have to keep that back up mom in reserve.

Backing up moms for 5-7 lines is really not what I had in mind.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

pinkus

Veteran
I've been tempted to try leda uno. I'll be curious to see how it is.

There was some weedy hemp i smoked found in Minnesota as a kid. I guarantee that could not win no matter who grew it. :shooty:

Plus you HAVE a chosen plant. he he

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, but again, it's SO much more fun to win with an unknown seed plant than something already established. I feel like that would speak more to my ability as a grower than entering an elite.

I met an old farmer many moon ago who grew in his corn fields. He told me, if I ever came across something called Leda Uno to make sure to try it because it was space cadet weed. Never forgot him telling me that, so that cross sparks my interest as well, I just don't know enough about KC's work to say I have unreserved confidence in what I'll find in the seeds.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So the La crew thought it be cool to claim a big part of the new shit for there start up. We been buidling a bigger indoor there last year, and they are from opion they need a head start. So some of the new ones they asked me not to let out.

F.U.C.K.E.M.

When i can trust 100% no breeding ore clone sharing i can give out Mochiesel and London Loud (cheese x Sdbx2) and Fizz (sour power x sdbx2)

And as said all get a pack of the Sdbx2.

Sorry for this, but i feel i had to give the crew there time

Reading over his post I see what KG did.

Mochiesel and London Loud are soaking in distilled water.

The others are intended for F.A.M. and there is a pack of Sour D Bx2 with each of those.

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran

The others are intended for F.A.M. and there is a pack of Sour D Bx2 with each of those.

dank.Frank

Epic that London loud is gonna be amazing. I hope the tester I was sent make it to me. I asked for the London loud as well. I seen to many of heaths chiesel back in the day that looked amazing never could track those down these should be even better. Man I hope mine come soon it’d be fun to compare notes. Guess time will tell. That mochchiesel should be pretty nice too can’t wait to see what you find.

Americangrower

Veteran

dank.Frank

Yeah IDK who the cali growers are but he def sent them the top new crosses IMO. Not sure why the left coast love, I see his only US drop of sd bx2 is also over there at Indo:shucks:
I think you chose the best 2 out of your choices, Cheese should cross well. I don't know much about Mochi cookies but have heard it's 1 of the best cookies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We shall see. Let's just say I hope the male is REALLY good. LOL.

I HAD to grow these two lines as they are restricted release with no sharing or breeding rules in play. That means, to ensure that is honored, they have to stay in my hands. I can't control what others do.

@Prodigygrower - I remember you saying that about the Heath Robinson cross now. I guess I'm looking for a commercial cropper instead of a cup winner. Very very rarely are they ever the same thing. :dunno:

@AmericanGrower - It's one of Sherbinski's Gelato cuts...number 47 I think. Most pictures of it look like bricked mids. It's described as a creative artists high. In the back of my mind my inner skeptic coughs and says "weak af" - but again, we'll see. This is what Karma sent to grow, this is what I'm going to grow.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

tokinblackguy

I agree with Prodigygrower about the cheese x. I really believe that one is going to produce some herb to write home about. I'm a BIG fan of skunk though, so I'm biased. I've only cared for 2 of the cookie/cookie related strains and that's cookies itself and one of the sherberts. There's one that taste superb but has absolutely no legs and the other is all around good smoke, taste good but not special, pretty good high too. None of the gelatos have done anything for me, haven't tried them all but had a few and they just dont do it for me. Never head the "guava" though.

Anyways, I'm sure you and the rest of the testers are gonna kill it so I'm tuned in for the show.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Tokinblackguy - uhhhh - dude - pretty sure you were on the list for testing. ROFL. Apparently my thread isn't the only thing you missed. HAHAHA. Thanks for the k+. :joint:

Now - apparently dank.Frank doesn't know what good weed is and I'm just missing out on something. I *think* chem lines might be a skunk variant of some sort, but who knows. I love those, so it if turns out to be a skunk#1 of some sort I'm going to have to eat my own words, and it won't be the first time!! But based on Phylos mapping, it doesn't seem very likely.

I wish I could share PM's - and you could see KG's response to my skepticism. HA! In F.A.M. we speak our minds because we know we represent the same team. Intent is never a question. It's amazing to speak freely and not fear offense or repercussion. It's for this reason, primarily, that I became a fan of Karma's work. Honesty. Transparency. Humility. QUALITY. His work has always spoken for itself.

I grew one of his very first releases as a tester and I still test for him today if he asks. I like his work enough, I'm likely one of VERY few Americans who has ever grown the Happy Brother clone. It actually smells exactly like cucumber melon from bath and body works. It tastes like cucumber water and candied dank. Warm blanket cuddle type of high.

To be clear - I'm 100% stoked to run anything from KG - especially pre-release and for free. It was a mental shift to catch up with the program is all. A glitch.

Once I made sense of how he had paired the seeds and what his intent was (which happened before we talked) I had them in water with zero hesitation.

KG has always been good to me. I hope I do these genes justice. Even better - I'm growing something I normally WOULD NOT. That means, my endocannabinoid system is likely is going to triggered.

Glad you found the thread, Tokin. Now - go send KG a PM - because you are on that tester list.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Tokin opted out because he is growing right now.
I used the cheese cut in a few crosses back around 06. She crosses very nicely,not as good as MSS but a close 2nd as far as skunks go. Hopefully the sd bx brings some thicker branches because she is a flopper.

nickman

Veteran
Just curious ut what happened with the zkittles x SourD bx (zourz)?
I remember u saying that the seeds were NOT up to par...

Just wondering y he didn’t send u more of them...

Also, what’s the Mochiesel? Mocha x SourD ???
I’ve never heard of the Mocha...!!!...

Is the bandaid Haze a longer running haze line???

That’s too bad about those zourz...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Directions say to use throughout the life of plant.

Dank.frank- Mammoth Microbes posted on Facebook that some growers were using Mammoth P as a clone dunk and getting better roots. They showed a picture but didn't have a before pic, or a pic of any untreated clones to compare with. So who knows?!

im pretty sure all Microbes can be used that way. The more you use the sooner you need more. Using it in both veg/flower would be cost prohibitive for me. I swapped over to og bio war Root pack.

Latest posts

Latest posts