What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@AmericanGrower - I guess I missed that about Tokin. Bummer. I know that scenario. Glad to be back at it.

@Nickman - not enough up to par to share and still have what he needed, is the deal with Zourz.

Bandaid Haze #7 - A5/Thai - made by Karma, I think. Bodhi selected a male and pollinated the 18-22wk Cuban Black Haze. Doc D selected a cut, the #7, from early testers, I think back in 2013 maybe. It's been a round a while, it's just now getting discussed. It runs 14-16wk and is intended to be a modernized NYC piff type creation.

Mochi is one of Sherbinski's Gelato cuts. Gelato47 hashtag. It's Cookie Fam gear - Thin Mint GSC x Sunset Sherbet. To date, I've not encountered one of these modern terp plants and cared for it much. I had the same opinion of the Zkittles as well, to be fair, difference being I've never encountered any Zkits and I have encountered the dosi, sherb, type cookie line expansions and not been impressed. That unknown had me curious and a bit excited, much the way the Happy Brother based lines did in the past.

@Hammerhead - I imagine there are limitations and more practical applications of many things. Microbeman dislikes the product I use because of the high number of trichoderma, which, eat and feed on myco type root colonizers. I'm sure there are a million examples of such back and forth scenarios.

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran
We shall see. Let's just say I hope the male is REALLY good. LOL.

I HAD to grow these two lines as they are restricted release with no sharing or breeding rules in play. That means, to ensure that is honored, they have to stay in my hands. I can't control what others do.

@Prodigygrower - I remember you saying that about the Heath Robinson cross now. I guess I'm looking for a commercial cropper instead of a cup winner. Very very rarely are they ever the same thing. :dunno:

@AmericanGrower - It's one of Sherbinski's Gelato cuts...number 47 I think. Most pictures of it look like bricked mids. It's described as a creative artists high. In the back of my mind my inner skeptic coughs and says "weak af" - but again, we'll see. This is what Karma sent to grow, this is what I'm going to grow.

dank.Frank

I deff agree with you rarely do you find cup winning cuts that also have to ability to be a cash croppers dream. From what I’ve seen that was what heaths gear was for the most part monster producers. The cheisel from what I’ve seen and every thread on every forum I could find about it said it was different. I’ve always been a let me it smell first kinda guy. So that’s what I tend to want to grow and every report was the same super loud funky bud with potency to match. I think that’s why I chased it so hard back then. First it was hard to get any legit sour in seed form except from Rez and that was hit or miss and then the potential 2 plus per light added on didn’t hurt. I deff think this has the potential for both. I know I’m super excited to see what you find. I don’t think these were the ones being sent to me. I think it was the sour melon that was sent. The melon came from a pack karma popped labeled fruity skunk he traded for back on Overgrow back in the day. I’m hoping I can find something similar in those since cheese if I’m correct is a cut of skunk number one so they could be similar since they come from the same gene pool. I could be wrong been a min since I brushed up on my canna history lol. Either way if anyone is qualified to determine if it checks all the boxes it’s you my friend should be one hell of a hunt and I can’t wait to see what you find.

tokinblackguy

Indeed, big bummer. I wouldn't feel right letting "testers" sit in the fridge so I left it up to KG to decide if he still wanted to send something out or not.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
24 seeds went into soil after soaking for about 12 hours. They were given a quick hydrogen peroxide rinse before planting. Soil mix was sterilized before use with heat. 180 degrees maintained for 30 minutes. Don't want anything affecting germination.

@Prodigygrower - I've underestimated lines before and have been shown the light many times. I'm glad to be growing some new and something otherwise impossible to get. It's certainly a nod KG handed me these and I'm really not over here pouting. LOL. I just spent two weeks learning how to hit a fast ball and got thrown a curve ball. ;)

I'll be watching Nickman and sdd420 closely with their Sherb Ix x Biker Kush testers, just because now.

dank.Frank

pinkus

Veteran
Speaking of Heath I just found the Black Rose F2s that I thought that I had lost. Beautiful plants IME, but not really my cup of tea. Big, colorful producers, but I am definitely more into sativa dominant lines.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure Karma has another line/brand of seeds called Karma Squad. These are made by others her in cali using Karma's gear.

I wasn't impressed with Zkittles when I ran her. I ran some Zurple punch bx from inhouse I liked more.. Its a cross of Zkittles x PPUNCH) X PPUNCH. I hit that with my Amber Cookies. Still working on it I named Golden gloves.

Americangrower

Veteran
Zsour and Fizz went out to only the Cali guys.

I think Karma is going to be using the Cali guys to produce seeds for the US since he hasn't been able to supply US with any or should I say VERY few of the SD bx's. Just my guess.

Americangrower

Veteran
So I have a question, I wanted you all's opinion on

So I'm sure every1 has seen the HLG vs HGL side by side.

So I watched Big Perm's video, at the end it shows he sells HGL products. Question is.

Can some1 who has interest in 1 company really do an impartial side by side?

My feeling is Fok no but maybe you all can change my mind.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes. I intend to do just that. I feel I can be impartial regardless of a few free lights. Karma G just gave me what - $2k worth of seed? What is my response? To shut up and put them in dirt and to take the risk to see if these genes hold up.

I'm sure I can do the same with these lights. I'll just do what I do. If the next cycle, the CMH are back in place, I won't have to say anything at all.

Personally, I hope they live up to the hype. I hope I end up with some awesome cutting edge lamps. I'm a skeptic on L.E.D. period. So, it's not like I'm some cheerleader for the tech to begin with.

Abja Roots - gave me around $1k worth of seed and I posted without flinching that I had balls every where. I also instantly admitted grower error. I'm also running those plants again without a single issue.

Honesty isn't hard when an open forum and willing platform allows it to exist.

My only fear, I've been told I'm an "influencer" - which goolge tells me that's some social media jargon. I'd hate to decide the lights aren't my style and indirectly harm their sales.

There are in fact plenty of journals here where people have enjoyed the lights. My concern? They are mostly small footprint, micro style grows. I may grow in a 2.5' x 5' box - but I still grow 5' tall plants with 20" cola stacks - I still grow like I'm in a bigger space - like I'm under a 1k.

I think I need to change that if I'm really going to maximize this space. I REALLY want to get to the point of running a SOG. The space is golden for it and I think the energy saved by vegging larger moms for clones is a win vs running these large plants that 2/3 of gets stripped bare because of small wattage lamps.

It very well could be - L.E.D. is a perfect fit for SOG style that I'm in pursuit of ultimately. It could also be, it produces leafy little budlets that are inferior - THAT - is my fear.

The lights are being offered for free. I'd never be able to afford them. Not for years. I wouldn't consider accepting if I felt my dignity and reputation were the cost of the trade. I'd certainly decline without a second thought.

I think I was asked simply because there are "pay to play" sort of accusations taking place and I'm generally viewed as being above such bull - read my signature - ROLF - so perhaps having me test them, could help put an end to all that. I mean, it could also just make me the new target...HA!

But like those who follow my thread, we don't have time to f' around with a bunk round. We only get so many cycles a year. Can't create more time. So, I ask, because I really DON'T know.

Good question and one I've been contemplating for many days now. :respect:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Zsour and Fizz went out to only the Cali guys.

When Karma first told me there was an issue with the Zourz - it was because the seeds were small and really pale. He wasn't going to release that batch, they'd need to be remade, even though some germinated fine.

I wasn't 100% at that point if that meant he'd switched the plan for the testers AND the public release or just the release.

I actually don't think the Cali guys got many of them if that is in fact where they went.

It's all good. I'll just spend the next few days reading old Chiesel threads and brush up generically on what to expect.

I need to change the way I think too.

Mochi ie Gelato is famous branded pop culture cannabis. It's what the masses want. Maybe I'll find a good pheno and just start making vape pens. No one else will have Mochiesel Cosmic SpaceFuel®© for a long time and I'm not allowed to share so...corner the market.

:laughing::laughing: F.U.C.K.E.M. :laughing::laughing:

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
When Karma first told me there was an issue with the Zourz - it was because the seeds were small and really pale. He wasn't going to release that batch, they'd need to be remade, even though some germinated fine.

I wasn't 100% at that point if that meant he'd switched the plan for the testers AND the public release or just the release.

I actually don't think the Cali guys got many of them if that is in fact where they went.

It's all good. I'll just spend the next few days reading old Chiesel threads and brush up generically on what to expect.

I need to change the way I think too.

Mochi ie Gelato is famous branded pop culture cannabis. It's what the masses want. Maybe I'll find a good pheno and just start making vape pens. No one else will have Mochiesel Cosmic SpaceFuel®© for a long time and I'm not allowed to share so...corner the market.

:laughing::laughing: F.U.C.K.E.M. :laughing::laughing:

dank.Frank

Well I asked Karma on IG he said Fizz was in testing. Coupled with what Karma said here
So the La crew thought it be cool to claim a big part of the new shit for there start up. We been buidling a bigger indoor there last year, and they are from opion they need a head start. So some of the new ones they asked me not to let out.

leads me to believe Fizz and zour are the 1's they wanted, can't blame them on that. I would to:biggrin:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I have a question, I wanted you all's opinion on

So I'm sure every1 has seen the HLG vs HGL side by side.

So I watched Big Perm's video, at the end it shows he sells HGL products. Question is.

Can some1 who has interest in 1 company really do an impartial side by side?

My feeling is Fok no but maybe you all can change my mind.

Depends on the person. Joe blow off the street? Nope. Don't trust him.

Someone who has consistently shown integrity and transparency throughout the entire time I've known them? I will absolutely listen to their opinion.

That little revelation about Big Perm certainly destroyed any credibility he had with me. I've followed it from the beginning. If he'd had come right out and said "Yes, I bought these lights. I also sell them." I'd be much more inclined to listen to his opinion on the lights. But now, and after watching HGL act in general, I'll never give them a dime of my money. Mainly because I don't need to. There are plenty of alternatives to them out there like Bios, Fluence, Gavita, Scyence, ProGrow Tech etc.

But, I'm a cynic by nature.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh it's even sketchier than you think over at hgl...she has a long history of ripping people off in both the car world and lighting,and even more disturbing in my mind she has more than once reported growers to the police. and she has been booted off basically every other pot forum of her shitty attitude towards anyone who dared question her claims which are never backed up with actual proof...

but,that said,i have a 9 year old hydro grow led that still works just fine,it's hanging in my veg room right now. and there are certainly good reviews and legit side by sides out there if you look...

so the products are probably fine,but the person behind them not so much...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the same vendor that told me GC, Fluence, Gavita, Scyence didn't know what they where doing LOL. You cant argue with people like that.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but she's the self proclaimed worlds expert on spectral science which is really funny because spectral means "ghost like"...

S

SandyFantasyman

I first noticed mr Sparkle on reddit, then on here, and a few things seemed off. There always seemed to be subtle endorsements, whether for a particular seed vendor or forum or piece of equipment, without Sparkle ever actually saying he was pushing product.
I just went to Big Perm's profile page to add him to my ignore list and low and behold, who is one of BP's 2 friends? Mr Sparkle.

Goddamn underhanded guerilla marketing is everywhere.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that whole side by side is a total joke,it's not even valid in bro science terms...i mean seriously,who the fuck has the time and space to run 2 single plant tents? or grow fucking lettuce? and only enough for like one salad for gods sake?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 of each in soil.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts