What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

gmanwho

Veteran
This would be what I'm seeing. The issues is damaged tissue means loss of photosynthesis = loss of quality and yield. I'm not sure that stirring in a bit of soil would do anything different than letting the soil buffer. I didn't have an issue last round. It's something I worried might compound with time. Happening faster than expected.

There are days when I can tell the city has treated because the water out of the facet smells like a community swimming pool. Usually takes 3 days to soften again to normal, undrinkable levels.

They used to sell chlorine/sediment filters for garden hoses but now I can't find those anymore. Used those pre-RO.

dank.Frank

hey df. i had a lengthy conversation with a lab tech from enviroside. they make industrial strength organic hydrogen peroxide products for big agriculture or food industry. so we where talking about using chlorine verse hydro peroxide based products to sterilize drip lines an reservoirs or sterilizing mediums before or during use. Bioside 15% or peragreen 22% are a few of their products. Zerotol is a watered down rip off compared to these products.

in that pm i was stating basically that calcium deficiency, an over chlorination will do the same spotting. till what degree of damage to the cell is the question. they both damage the cell and the tissue dies off. we see it as brown dead spots on the leaf. Sucking bugs can damage an leave behind pin size rust spots too, same idea, dead cells. the chlorine is unstable in the leaf cell an evaporates off basically exploding. or atleast thats how it was explained to me.

the hydrogen peroxide products wont be absorbed like chlorine.

when using tap, the chlorine strength at the time you water in, and the amount of organic or bio activity in the medium will vary how much chlorine will get absorbed. so the amount of chlorine that can enter the plant has huge variables before it even reaches the roots. most of the time it wont.

atleast thats what was explained to me. hoping im not spreading any false info.

now those cuts where rinsed in a light bleach solution, so they had direct access to higher then normal chlorine levels. no medium, no roots, it has direct access, the chlorine could easily be absorbed foliar.

:tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last grow had natural spring water on location. I was spoiled then. A water improvement is needed!

Speaking of upgrades:

---------------------------------------

I had discussed changing my veg lights to LED. I've watched trusted friends like Lapides crush it with his custom LED rigs.

My current veg lights are 6 - 4ft t8 6500k bulbs. Those need to go. I look in the room and yield on thicker branches is going to be at least 30% more than other stems. It's about nutrient transport. I've been complaining about the fluro to HID veg transition for some time.

I'm on my second run with CMH and for the most part am pleased and impressed with the lamps. Temps, slightly higher than I'd like. Penetration of lamps requires more work than I'd desire, but, it's a learning curve I can manage and certainly work with.

You've seen the LED wars taking place on site - not sure why but vendors and giving away lights like crazy. HLG, Mars Hydro, HydroGrowLED.

I was asked by HydroGrowLED to do a side by side between LED and CMH, where there would be no overlap. I declined.

I truly believe my yield numbers ARE the result of the plants in the middle catching that overlap. It's why I went with a rectangle and 2 x 315 instead of a square and 1 x 630. Splitting the room didn't work for me to prove a point at what I felt would be a certain loss in output.

So, then the "TOP GROWERS" option appeared, where it was just a full on documentation of their new lamps for a cycle. I was intrigued so I threw my name in the hat.

I'm a HUGE SKEPTIC of any LED. I spent time in PM talking with HydroGrowLED trying to understand some of the claims she has made for her tech. I read the studies she has based things on and I understand where she is coming from.

The test is to go from veg to flower under the new Penetrator Quantum LED light to give credence to the effectiveness of the lights. I explained my setup and this is what has been discussed:

2 x XB70 for veg - over a 4' x 22" shelf.
2 x XB200 for flower - over 2.5 x 5'

https://www.hydrogrowled.com/product/penetrator-xb70-70w-led-grow-light-for-sale/
https://www.hydrogrowled.com/product/penetrator-xb200-200w-led-grow-light-for-sale/

I'm posting this here now to solicit thoughts and opinions. I know very little to nothing about LED, but I'm interested and this seems like an excellent opportunity.

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but looking at the XB200 it says dim are 21" x 21" so square. How is coverage 3' x 4' shouldn't it cover a square?

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm rocking the Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED Grow Light. Got a pair of them running on light rails. Been using them for about 2 months. The power bill went way down. The temps went way down. The plants seem to dig it. Very bright, and the flowers seem to be very nice. So far they seem to work pretty good. They are light weight as well. I think yield has dropped, but it may be due to my nutes and soil. Ran out of worm castings and tried using extra amendments to cover. It didn't seem to work. Worm castings are the shit.. lol Doing really good here DF. Keep up the good work. Good luck rooting those newbies. LL is one I have coveted for some time.
I have a new one in the lineup. It's the white x tres dawg. I call it whitedog. Has one of the meanest effects. I've not seen extreme yields from it but the quality of smell and effect have me intrigued. Also popped some old school Lemon Skunk from chaotic g from old school true stoners. Found a cpl bad mofos.

J

jaded1

The mars hydro ts lights are great for veg,keeps plants nice and bushy with tight node spacing.Great for summer but let off so little heat it might make keeping it warm enough in winter a pain
Think these were at 4 weeks from seed,nh21/mmXcasey jones.
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but looking at the XB200 it says dim are 21" x 21" so square. How is coverage 3' x 4' shouldn't it cover a square?

Website link says 3 x 3? Not sure if there is a typo some where or not?

dank.Frank

Americangrower

Veteran
Website link says 3 x 3? Not sure if there is a typo some where or not?

dank.Frank

this is what it says on their site under XB200 Specifications

Power: 200W

Coverage: Up to 3′ x 4′ (refer to PAR download)

LEDs: 768pcs Highest Efficiency 0.5W SMDs

Spectrum: 440, 470, 525, 640, 660, 740

Ratios: 10% Blue, 15% Green, 75% Red

Dimensions: 21″ L, 21″W, 1.5″H

Weight: 10lbs
Input Voltage: 110-280V
Amps: 1.8A@110V, 0.9A @ 220V
Operating Temp: 90°-100°F

Americangrower

Veteran
I just looked up the XB300 It's numbers make more sense and coverage is said to be the same 3' x 4'
I think their are exaggerating the coverage ability of the XB200

EDIT...Oh I see what you mean description says for 3' x 3' tent. They need to fix the specs to match .

genetic freaked

Veteran
DF you know I’m a believer in LED ever since Lapidas showed me the way.
I’m only using screw-in LEDs and I’m sold. Looking to get the 1000w Chili is running. I could imagine the bigger name brands are worth it. I highly doubt they have the coverage they claim. I would assume when they say 3x3 it really covers 2x2 with decent penetration.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was an led skeptic but the horticulture lighting group 550 panels i got certainly seem to have done what they claimed in covering a 4x4 area in flower...just chopped the first plants so i will have harvest weights soon...

all i can say about hydro grow is that the entire sub forum has been heavily edited to take out anything that even questions how good their products perform which is something i feel no legit company would have to do. i got banned from the sub forum and had every single one of my post deleted simply for asking for proof of the claims they were making.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was an led skeptic but the horticulture lighting group 550 panels i got certainly seem to have done what they claimed in covering a 4x4 area in flower...just chopped the first plants so i will have harvest weights soon...

all i can say about hydro grow is that the entire sub forum has been heavily edited to take out anything that even questions how good their products perform which is something i feel no legit company would have to do. i got banned from the sub forum and had every single one of my post deleted simply for asking for proof of the claims they were making.

All I have are LED. COBs in the big room, and an HLG 600 watt in the tent.

Some of the claims HGL are making are a bit on the ridiculous side. And I'm not a huge fan of how they present themselves on this board. Kind of like the guy who walks into a bar and tells everybody that he's arrived, whether you know him or not. Or care.

But that's neither here nor there if the lights perform.

Take them in, evaluate them, maybe you'll really like them.

Personally, I think the CMH were the way to go in your space and you'll be disappointed with the LEDs.

Unless you went with a custom, mixed spectrum COB rig built for your space. But I doubt you would find anything off the shelf that you would like better than the CMH you have now.

genetic freaked

Veteran
After looking these up and the price I might need to talk to you in PM brother!!

I'm rocking the Mars Hydro TS 1000W LED Grow Light. Got a pair of them running on light rails. Been using them for about 2 months. The power bill went way down. The temps went way down. The plants seem to dig it. Very bright, and the flowers seem to be very nice. So far they seem to work pretty good. They are light weight as well. I think yield has dropped, but it may be due to my nutes and soil. Ran out of worm castings and tried using extra amendments to cover. It didn't seem to work. Worm castings are the shit.. lol Doing really good here DF. Keep up the good work. Good luck rooting those newbies. LL is one I have coveted for some time.
I have a new one in the lineup. It's the white x tres dawg. I call it whitedog. Has one of the meanest effects. I've not seen extreme yields from it but the quality of smell and effect have me intrigued. Also popped some old school Lemon Skunk from chaotic g from old school true stoners. Found a cpl bad mofos.

gmanwho

Veteran

so is hydro grow with HLG? or another company?

i was thinking of picking up the 2 or 4 of the hlg 550's for veg when they were discounted. i think they discounted their current stock when the v2 came out? some months back,not even sure if that discount is still going on.

looking forward to your results.....

Americangrower

Veteran

i was thinking of picking up the 2 or 4 of the hlg 550's for veg when they were discounted. i think they discounted their current stock when the v2 came out? some months back,not even sure if that discount is still going on.

2 different companies.

I have been looking around at building some cob or q board lights for flower. You should just build 1 yourself brother. Rapidled has everything you need or if you wanted they have ready to assemble units as well.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

not in the slightest,indeed hydro grow likes to slag on horticulture lighting group pretty hard in spite of the fact you can go on insta and see thousands of post including many larger 20-50 lamp rooms using their products and hydro grow has a bunch of tiny tent grows on theirs...

shoulda snapped those v1's up when you could have...for the price a bargain...

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
i found damn near all the ingredients for the amendment at a semi local organics hydro store ,went in for my guano and rite there in front of me were 2lb boxes of just about all i need and what they didnt have i can get online .so i have a project for the winter i guess

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice job, Chucky! I order things in 50# bags every few years.

MAC1 and Bandaid Haze #7 have roots. Lazy Lightning got cooked it seems and all browned off or stems went to mush. Win some lose some.

Pretty sure Corey will make it. Not sure about the Mandarin Cookies

dank.Frank

Dog Star

Veteran

Yep HGL have some problems if you ask them some straight
question... there was Rab C. that tested their fixture and was
sayed shes fans are noisy...

after that starts mayhem and all posts that was writed not in
favor of HGL was deleted... Rab C. was go out of ICMAG,
he told me he haved problems with taxes and fees with
customs cause light was come from China...

have PMs from man,he didnt look like some liar to me
while HGL boss act too much bossy and censor everybody...

Am sorry we dont have HLG boys here and not those weird
HGL person..

Latest posts

Latest posts