What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are a lot of solutions that don't always work for everyone in their particular scenario. GOT_BUD? - see, that is one of those useful gems I knew you had stashed away. GREAT way to deal with an otherwise cumbersome issue that plagues every soil grower. :respect:

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
Wow, they stretched a lot. More than I thought they would by the pictures you posted. Will that light penetrate down to the buds in the right of the first pic? Man that PK stretched...!!!...

Is that screen really serving any purpose now? Looks like u may have to end up staking them after all. I thought u were gonna put another screen in there.
It looks like that space really gets packed.

Either way they’re looking real nice. :tiphat:.

I had a quick question for you.
So, I have those six Snowman crosses still vegging away. They’ve been in one gallon bags since the beginning. They’re very root bound and you can tell that the soil is depleted of its nutrients. Plants just started looking unhealthy.
I had left them in these one gallon bags because I was trying to slow down their growth as much as I could because I just didn’t have room for them to be flowered. They were gonna have to be vegged until the Bubba’s were done flowering.
I mixed up a batch of soil about a month ago. This batch of soil was for vegging the plants in a three gallon bags until there was room available for them to be flowered. At that time I would of transplanted them into five gallon bags and put soil that was amended with bloom nutrients in the grow bags. And then flower them a week or two later.

I ended up transplanting three of them last week into three gallon bags filled with my veg soil mixture.
Then I found the hermaphrodite triple Nova. After removing it from the flower room there’s enough space to flower the six out now.

So I still have the soil that’s ready to be put into the remaining three plants but it’s amended with only vegging nutrients. And the three that were allready transplanted last week have ONLY vegging nutrients in their soil.

Lol. My quick question was can I just add the bloom nutrients into the soil that’s allready amended with the vegging nutrients.
(I think I’ll be fine because the plant should only take up what it needs, correct?) I just don’t want to cause any unwanted stress on the plants.

And, what should I do with the three plants I just transplanted last week into the vegging soil.

Sorry so long winded...!!!... :tiphat:...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I actually took someone's advice - not sure who said it without looking back, and slid the screen up more - so it sits higher on the stems. It still serving a purpose. You can't tell it by pictures but there is quite a bit of tension on it still from the plants.

I still need a second screen. Without question. I'll never be able to hold the colas with just stakes.

Light is hitting everywhere and canopy penetration is good. I'll likely pull a few fan leaves here and there as they grow a bit if they are stacking up in spot and pooling moisture, but otherwise, it's pretty much on coast at this point.

As far as the soil goes, I'm not sure why you are mixing veg and flower batches separately. There is no "wasted" or lost amendments. If the plant isn't calling for P, then it's not going to take P from the soil, regardless of it's presence in the ecosystem. As the roots spread in veg, they absolutely will take advantage of nutrients they "passed up on" during veg and utilize those during flower. It pays to have the same soil through out the entire growing process.

Personally, without seeing the Triple Nova - I'm not sure I would have culled the plant. Cleaned it up and really watched it closely, but - like you said, all that time invested. I cleaned up a lot of nut sacs off the Cobalts the first round. Nothing to be seen this time. Not suggesting grower error on your end either, I'm just saying it happens and if you were hype on the plant, I'd see it through.

I'd also not worry about having just planted or whatever. I'll pull them out, fix the soil - replant them, and go forward knowing it was right and proper, rather than trying to play catch up.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
The reason I use separate soil batches is because when I’m just begging the plants in small bags I just felt that I’d be wasting the amandments if I put them into the soil while the plant is only begging, knowing that I still will/need to transplant them again before they go into flower. I’ll start making soil batches with all included from now on.

Shit, you know I didn’t take that triple nova outta there until yesterday. I really thought about it for a day or two and still didn’t want to do it. But they were sacs just all over. More than I could count. But I didn’t see any pollen when I played with the sacs. Sterile???

I’d say it’s my fault. I let it dry out a few times and that room is hitting 90degrees. I’d be surprised if all the plants don’t herm in that room. Too hot I think.

Thanx man :thank you:

genetic freaked

Veteran
OMG look at those MONSTERS!! I hope the stretch is over..

They look to be 2' above the screen right? You did a lot of maintenance below that screen for sure.. I can't wait for these girls to start putting on weight..

Im loving the looks of that PK.. She is stacking nice..

Hows your temps with this summer heat?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll address some comments later tonight. Right now though, I'm in clone mode. Everything was sanitized and sterilized last night. Both.

Lazy Lightning
Corey Stardawg
Mandarin Cookies
MAC1
Bandaid Haze#7

The BH #7 is a bit travel weary, but I think there is a very good chance for some roots.

I can't say enough kind words to those who do what we do. Heroes. :respect:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LL x ChemSour/SSCDH f2 male = Ix1

In my personal opinion, that is the real story here. It'll be nice to have these new flavors as comparative bar setters for seed plants, but more so than anything, I'm so excited to actually be able to carry this line forward. For years, I've lost sleep over the work that was lost or unfinished...just sitting. Wasting. What would have or could have been found.

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HOARD THINGS. This is why you do your level best to help everyone you can when able to do so. It doesn't always come full circle in the ways you'd expect or even desire, but this one...just wow. These genes have been half way around the world, TWICE, only to wind up in hand again more than half a decade later.

Sincere gratitude, ICmag family.

dank.Frank

Prodigygrower

Veteran
I swear That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw LL. This is gonna be something special. To see it come full circle and with the possibility of something better this is gonna be sick.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LL x ChemSour/SSCDH f2 male = Ix1

In my personal opinion, that is the real story here. It'll be nice to have these new flavors as comparative bar setters for seed plants, but more so than anything, I'm so excited to actually be able to carry this line forward. For years, I've lost sleep over the work that was lost or unfinished...just sitting. Wasting. What would have or could have been found.

THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T HOARD THINGS. This is why you do your level best to help everyone you can when able to do so. It doesn't always come full circle in the ways you'd expect or even desire, but this one...just wow. These genes have been half way around the world, TWICE, only to wind up in hand again more than half a decade later.

Sincere gratitude, ICmag family.

dank.Frank

I swear That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw LL. This is gonna be something special. To see it come full circle and with the possibility of something better this is gonna be sick.
Ok, y'all are gonna have to clue this dumbass in.

Why is an incross desirable here?

A link is cool.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Ok, y'all are gonna have to clue this dumbass in.

Why is an incross desirable here?

A link is cool.

I’ll let frank tell you but from what I understand it’s the initial out cross . Crossed to the f2 gen but I believe you can use the f3 ,f4 generations too.. I hope I didn’t butcher that too bad. Trust me this is going to be profound. I’ve been a supporter of the stank bros since the first release. When I started growing these were the threads I read over and over again them as well as Marlo’s and others. If anyone knows dank it’s frank. I believe I have a firm understanding of the plant. Well at least a decent one. I swear I tell my girl this and I don’t know if it’s franks perfect grammar or the way he words things. Or if I read this stuff after smoking fatties and working 10hr shifts but often I feel stupid when reading the information he blesses this community with. Regardless stay tuned this is a special project and profound dank will come from this work I bet anything on it. Major respect for frank and Phil.:respect:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 7 - 99.9% non-viable seeds. I don't know what happened to 170 other seeds that were given. Those who BOUGHT are the ones saving the day.

F1 x F2 = Ix1 = diversity.

It prevents a bottleneck at such an early generation that it's basically nothing but 1 pheno bastardized 1,000,000 ways. Last resort would be to re-populate from an S1 of an F1. Single genome.

It just allows for the OPTION of greater diversity, which before was thought lost and impossible.

An Ix is nothing special. An opportunity to re-populate this gene pool - is everything. Truth be told ... I owe Phillthy EVERYTHING. Two others as well. P bought new lights at an inconvenient time, just so he could kick me some extra 1k mags, in case of product failure, so I could ensure consistent medical supply.

Honestly, so many of you have no idea how real this "game" is.

My debts are still guiding my actions. Also know - these debts are 1000% self imposed. I have people I love that have sacrificed. I will follow their path because it defines my experience with this plant.

I am better because they exist.

Truly, I hope you all have people like that in your life. Even one.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 7 - 99.9% non-viable seeds. I don't know what happened to 170 other seeds that were given. Those who BOUGHT are the ones saving the day.

F1 x F2 = Ix1 = diversity.

It prevents a bottleneck at such an early generation that it's basically nothing but 1 pheno bastardized 1,000,000 ways. Last resort would be to re-populate from an S1 of an F1. Single genome.

It just allows for the OPTION of greater diversity, which before was thought lost and impossible.

An Ix is nothing special. An opportunity to re-populate this gene pool - is everything. Truth be told ... I owe Phillthy EVERYTHING. Two others as well. P bought new lights at an inconvenient time, just so he could kick me some extra 1k mags, in case of product failure, so I could ensure consistent medical supply.

Honestly, so many of you have no idea how real this "game" is.

My debts are still guiding my actions. Also know - these debts are 1000% self imposed. I have people I love that have sacrificed. I will follow their path because it defines my experience with this plant.

I am better because they exist.

dank.Frank
So the Lazy Lightning is a sister of the ChemSour/SSCDH F1 originally? And because you now have the ChemSour/SSCDH F2's, you want to reintroduce a male to a Lazy Lightning female, thereby creating the incross?

Is that right?

Truly, I hope you all have people like that in your life. Even one.
You're it buddy!! Out of all the people I know in real life, I'm the only one all in on cannabis.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Got_Bud - there are two keepers that are held from the ChemSour x SSCDH F1 line. Lazy and P1. P1 is held on lock exclusively by various F.A.M. and Top Dawg Seeds. To date, I've not even sampled the P1. All in due time I imagine. It's a more haze leaning cut selected by $mike.

LL is freely passed, selected by Megarawten, from seeds given by MeltingPot. He shared the seeds he was given because I put out a call to sprout them if you had them as they were getting old. Lazy is very difficult to grow due to having a chlorosis issue that is common in some chems. She has an extreme case of it and it's like she is always under stress because of it even to the point some have had issues with pre-flowers in veg.

Several years ago I spoke with slownickel specifically about some soil reports and increasing iron to maybe combat this issue. It's something we will be experimenting with to see if we can't actually address this long standing issue in chems from a nutrient perspective. I'm also curious, and I'm not the only one, if a tissue culture couldn't perhaps fix the issue entirely, or if it is in fact a genetic coding error and it can not be addressed.

Lazy is a 9wk plant that is capable of 2# per light easily. She has a sort of limey chem, engine grease, woody haze note to her. When grown poorly though, she tastes like bar soap. Not good in anyway. I'm looking forward to getting a dialed run of her.

ALL of this is covered in the thread dedicated to the line in the Stank Bros sub-forum. Which, some F2 plants were just chopped down by a fellow believer and smoke report comes any day now. The thread is still active.

You're wording makes it sound odd, but yes, you are correct. LL = the F1, so LL x F2 males = Ix1, 2, 3, 4, etc - however many males I get. All will be used. Seeds will be labeled and keep separate to create segregated familial lines.

------------------------

After sorting and playing with the line a bit, I'll find a REAL keeper. I'll S1 it. I'll send those seeds into Real Gorilla. They can be given away as freebies -only- with the purchase of old seedbay / seed boutique stock.

The idea is, if the old stock doesn't germinate, you're still guaranteed some fire that will germinate, simply for taking a risk on the old genes.

This is a personal thing to me. People sent in gear to fund the site and to see it grown by their internet buddies all over the world. And it sits. Understandably so.

I've been trying to think of a way to FIX that - and I think something along these lines accomplishes that goal - while also spreading this genetic line Phillthy created and wanted spread for others to enjoy. That's all Stank Bros represented. A safe outlet to distribute and share. Demand for seed took away room for flowers. It adds up. Had to find a way to continue to share without it being a detriment. We never wanted to be viewed as a traditional seed "company".

When Seedbay offered an opportunity to vend, we agreed Stank Bros would remain a site exclusive/private breeder. I've always honored that agreement. Circumstances shouldn't have changed what this site was. I deleted a lot of content in Overgrow flashback mode and then stopped. I couldn't do it. It felt like I was burning books at the library and giving birth to a dark age for deleting information.

I miss the days when more people felt this place was sacred ground. Victories in battle, but the war is still raging - for people they are still caging. OVERGROW PROHIBITION. There are more people looking to grow cannabis than any time ever before in modern history - these halls of knowledge are more important now than they ever have been.

When the corporations take over and reapply the boot of the man on our throats, and they will, it's a tale as old as time...we'll want this place to exist. We'll want our cave to congregate in to share tales of the hunt amongst one another.

Go look at the "science says stoners are stupid and do stupid things" thread! LOL. (it's a thread about flushing)

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing:LOL
Frank...HARDMODE was Crush! not yummybud.

I'm not sure what happened to the post, but someone was giving me advice about something I had posted much earlier in the thread. It was BAD advice.

I entered meta mode though. Mention of yummy, deserves a Crush reference as well. Stay here long enough, you'll see some strangeness pass through for sure!!! :laughing::laughing:

dank.Frank

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I wasn't here for yummybud. Before my time, but I hear him referenced alot.
Looked him up. Didn't find much cannabis related.
Lived with his parents
Talking about how horny and creepy he was standing next to some chick, Jon and Kate plus 8, Russian girls, he don't like high heels, and other stupid girl/relationship stuff.
What was his claim to fame?

Americangrower

Veteran
I wasn't here for yummybud. Before my time, but I hear him referenced alot.
Looked him up. Didn't find much cannabis related.
Lived with his parents
Talking about how horny and creepy he was standing next to some chick, Jon and Kate plus 8, Russian girls, he don't like high heels, and other stupid girl/relationship stuff.
What was his claim to fame?

You just wrapped his life up in 2 sentences.. that is his claim to fame.
Oh you forgot the dream Porsche.

Latest posts

Latest posts