What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Veggia farmer - You should take the time to give this thread and some of the other posts I've made that it highlights. Much of what you've mentioned is at some point discussed in this thread. It would be an interesting read for you.

I mostly went to beds to reduce daily watering and to compensate for any need to feed plants that are basically undersized for the soil volume.

The last run I did was 32 plants in the 2.5 x 5 space, the soil bed itself is 2 x 4 - so it was 4 per square foot as in a true SOG. At the end of the day, it didn't really make things any easier and due to root spread, I still wasn't able to harvest and plant at will, without disturbing something else in the bed. So that meant I still had to do straight runs, full cycle, no rotations. At the end of the day, I find it's easier to run 8 plants than 32.

I tend to keep the soil more on the drier side than on the overly watered side. As long as the soil hasn't become hydrophobic and the water isn't running straight through, then I tend to water less, more frequently. When things are in full flower, watering daily is still a necessity. I don't use any additional inputs or foliars. No bottle feeds. Truly water only once the bed is amended.

I'm a huge proponent of adding in native soils as well. I have stickies that discuss the value of doing so. Currently, where I live doesn't have much to offer in that regard, so I've returned to using a few more inputs, such as locally derived compost vs the exhausted sandy loam from the native ground.

Glad to have you along! Thumb through the rest of the thread. :joint:

dank.Frank

Veggia farmer

Will light up one tonight, take your advice and start reading it more thoroughly.

Oh, yes, didnt catch that, I go full cycles only and plant again. Done also only two times with different strains at the same time too.

Last round for me I started with a fully saturated bed and water one or two times a week, from beging to end, and ended it a drier bed then I started. Actually not a really tought through plan, but it ended up being the best round for awhile.

The native soil idea I got from a No-till no-fertilizing cereal farmer, organic one. He has enough sheeps to give all his soil manure in 100 years... He worked first in the forest before farming and he though : we dont fertilize soil in the forest. Only, harvest, harvest and harvest. So, it all in the living soil? Only N isnt there already.

Now its coffee and some tokes before work. Later Frank, one of my dogs are also named Frank;) Its a solid name

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Morning Frank!

This is going to be good! Those look like some Heifers! I'm sure the added cal and mag will be lovely for those greedy chem gals.

Ah cloning. Kind of like when I was playing ball, some days I could destroy a curve ball, some days I would whiff every time.

The 2 methods that work best for me are Aerocloner and rockwool or Rapid Rooters on heat, domed.

The Aerocloner is so easy. The main things I have found over the years, mainly from running 4 (120 site) EZ-Cloners at once, that Hygrozyme and cloning solution were key. The Botanicare PowerClone Cloning Solution is top shelf. Everything in my cloner is pricey but not only do I get 100% strike rate, in 7 days I have roots I can barely get out of the machine.

I use:

6ml Hygrozyme per gallon. This makes the risk of root rot or other warm water issues non-existent. Even with water temps up to 78. There are other enzyme products out there but none compare to Hygrozyme. I use it at 6ml per gallon in all hydro adventures.

PowerClone as specified on the bottle. It is a solution that mixes well and does not react with other additives. Everyone knows I'm a Botanicare fan. When we were taking 500 cuts a week, I tried them all. Botanicare won hands down and we would lose maybe 3-5 out of 500, usually due to improper cut.

Advanced Nutrients VooDoo Juice. Say what you want about AN, but no other product I have encountered encourages massive white roots with mind boggling laterals like this stuff. Just a few ml is all you need so it goes a long way. I have been using the same 250ml bottle now for over a year. Once those roots start, the voodoo does it's magic!

Recipe:
RO or Clean tap water ph'd to 5.8 exactly
6ml per gallon Hygrozyme
PowerClone as prescribed
2ml per gallon VooDoo Juice

I know it is possible to just use straight water and have success. This recipe is for folks who want to cut clones and have them all root. Not only root but be GROWING in 7-10 days. The root system is established enough to be transplanted into soil without wilt with most strains. Also tomato cuts root in 4-5 days and take off like a banshee!

Loving the updates D.F and am looking forward to the sea of baseball bats that are coming out of your room!

These plants were rooted in Aerocloner, and vegged in cloner for a week, then 3 days to acclimate in the flower system, then flip to 12/12. Biggest plant is 7'.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Happy Thanksgiving!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@genetic freaked - Truth is, without your friendship and psychological support over the last few months, I'd likely not have found the gumption to get back to things as quickly as I did.

For those of you who don't know - GF and I have become very close friends, talking, often, many times throughout the past few months. He's heard nearly every annoying detail of my failures and successes in trying to explore the dating scene again. He's given me more emotional support than seems even possible...

Truly, I'd not have turned the corner and found a silver lining, if not for a couple of you. Prodigy Grower deserves a legit shout out as well.

It's amazing to realize there are people in my life that aren't daily active participants, yet still, are directly impacted by my existence on these forums.

I can't even begin to explain the importance and value these forums - and the people that keep them alive - really mean to me. The entire cannabis industry would not be the same without these pages - without the beings that manifested a reality from what these pages created.

We stand unique...those of us that grow this plant the right way for the right reasons. In a market that is now ever changing, we should by default become the constant. Keep elevating your garden. Keep pushing for superior flowers. Never settle. Never think you've got it all figured out...

The plant has much to teach us all - still. It's why we can't stop dropping seeds.

:respect:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

dank.Frank

Mattbho

I suck at keeping records . I neglected to consider the height of the pots and everything got too close to the cob lighting . Before they flopped some were 6 inches or so away . My new record for 1 indoor plant 8.25oz.

Ok now head sideways
20201002_024505.jpg
[/ATTACH]
20201026_230632.jpg
20201002_024424.jpg
20201127_143544.jpg

20201127_143536.jpg
20201127_143456.jpg

Water + .5ml microbial mass every 2nd Sunday (Canadian mammoth p) under 8 cobs@550w

Attachments

• 20201002_024703.jpg
    20201002_024703.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Mattbho

I know this gal like the back of my hand . This was the tastiest dosido I've every grown. She doesn't like the mix at first .
She kinda stalls and turns greener gets darker and darker for 2 weeks and then tries to wrap herself around the light the following 7 days easily 3x stretching on her.

picture.php

Yes you can burn colas with led
picture.php

20201002_024406.jpg

Here she is after supercropping (I lay the tops down on each other)

picture.php

Mattbho

Honorable mentions to death bubba (r.i.p.) . Here is her last run because I mislabeled a few babies.
20201005_213559.jpg

20201017_203841.jpg

And cookies and cream shes a staple in my rotation. Slow veg but nice healthy chunky sweet flowers.
20201010_013732.jpg

20201010_013745.jpg

While I feel like I've gotten better in the garden since last my last all organic run . This mix in the 20 gal pots is something special . I know all these gals, I've ran them in coco ,promix and living soils multiple times each. Ive never experienced swelling and explosive flowering like that last run i thought the jp was going to explode. Lol seriously tho the closest I came to this growth was dtw coco fed hourly .

The flavors are just amazing I wish we had smell vision so I could share . Thank you again Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally got both Mars Hydro SP3000 where they belong - above the plants in flower. Although, I already miss having one in veg. It was indeed crushing it as a veg lamp at around 35-50% intensity at that. Impressive performance all around.

Really looking forward to what is possible in flower - to see if they can compete with 2 x Growers Choice 315w CMH.

Each light is basically 3.25" wide, so I used a 16" section of "wiggle wire" aluminum channel used on greenhouses. Drilled a few holes for mounting and used some stainless bolts, nuts, washers to hold everything in place.

After the first 12/12 cycle with 2 x SP3000, the plants leaves are finally lifting up and praying a bit. Feeling like there is enough light in the space now to hit the desired growth standards I have.

picture.php

picture.php

@Lester Beans - thanks for the recipe. Always good to hear what is working for other people!

@Mattbho - killing it man. Glad to see you're having success. It's taken me a long time to find the right combination and the right ratios to get the type of growth and performance this mix gives...I've always felt to some degree I was knowingly opting to yield less and have better quality...by using water only organic soil. I don't feel as if I'm making that sacrifice anymore and my GPW numbers are better than they have ever been, regardless of what light source I'm using. I'm glad to hear you're results are similar. :respect:

@Mars Hydro Led - It's time to really see what these lights are capable of. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show them off! :joint:

dank.Frank

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Are you still growing in beds? Reason I ask is I want to run something past you. A recent conversation turned up a suggestion that P does not get depleted as its merely a taxi driver taking K across the root boundary and is then re-released back into the soil for reuse. If that is the case, then in a no drain medium, wouldn't that create a toxic level of P in the medium if standard flowering nutes were used? I'm thinking that if that is the case, I need to switch to solo nutes and just provide K in later flowering. Wondered what your thoughts are on that.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@GMT - Still in a soil bed.

I would have to disagree with, based simply on my own experience. I can a used media and watch the plants do fine in it until various elements are depleted. If the plant wasn't truly "eating" it, that would never happen.

However, I'd like to review the source material for that concept. I don't see that being possible, though, as an initial gut response.

---------------------------------

Time to sprout some more seeds. Moon cycle is right and I can't clone to save my life, so, there's that too. The vault runs deep, so, let's see what we can germinate:

Dabney Blueberry x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2) - Chili Berkster
The White x Digi Bx1 - Chili Berkster
Blueberry Sativa x Digi Bx1 F2 - Verdant Green
Blueberry Sativa x (Blueberry Sativa x Digi Bx1 F2) - Verdant Green

Snomoji - Genetic Freaked

Chem Sister x (GG4 x GROM/Digi Bx1) - Scrappy Doo

TK x '88 G13/HP F2 - Moses Wellfleet

Cobalt Haze - Abja Roots

Forum GSC x (OG x Lucifer OG) - MeltingPot

ChemSour x SSCDH F2 - Bench Warmer

SureShot Bx1 - Get Mo

I'm going to try to germinate some that I think may not sprout and some I know will.

It's time to make a new Digi Bx1 line - and that in part has me very interested in the first 4. Others, I only have a few seeds left, so it makes sense to try and clear them outta the vault and see what's there. Other things, like the CS x SSCDH F2 - well, that opens up a whole new different direction that could quickly consume the entire garden.

I'd like to start something that will add variety - or - something that will give me breeding material to pair with the current round of flower.

Fam95 x TK/'88 G13HP - really seems like a SMART idea, seeing as I didn't get any males to F2 the Fam95 line and keep it pure to itself. That'll just have to be okay.

The Chem Sis x Snow Monkey - could really be a nasty banger. Lot of potential in caught in that line and I'm just a sucker for a Chem Sis cross. When bred, she just produces plants better than herself. Love seeing what surfaces.

I only have 5 of the MeltingPot GSC/OG cross. We know that Cookies plays well with OG - we've seen it in many different examples. Could be some fire locked in those beans. Those are certainly on the short list.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

White Beard

Will light up one tonight, take your advice and start reading it more thoroughly.

Oh, yes, didnt catch that, I go full cycles only and plant again. Done also only two times with different strains at the same time too.

Last round for me I started with a fully saturated bed and water one or two times a week, from beging to end, and ended it a drier bed then I started. Actually not a really tought through plan, but it ended up being the best round for awhile.

The native soil idea I got from a No-till no-fertilizing cereal farmer, organic one. He has enough sheeps to give all his soil manure in 100 years... He worked first in the forest before farming and he though : we dont fertilize soil in the forest. Only, harvest, harvest and harvest. So, it all in the living soil? Only N isnt there already.

Now its coffee and some tokes before work. Later Frank, one of my dogs are also named Frank;) Its a solid name
The thread is informative, friendly, inspiring, passionately human. WELL worth the read. I’ll probably read it again soon.

@genetic freaked - Truth is, without your friendship and psychological support over the last few months, I'd likely not have found the gumption to get back to things as quickly as I did.

For those of you who don't know - GF and I have become very close friends, talking, often, many times throughout the past few months. He's heard nearly every annoying detail of my failures and successes in trying to explore the dating scene again. He's given me more emotional support than seems even possible...

Truly, I'd not have turned the corner and found a silver lining, if not for a couple of you. Prodigy Grower deserves a legit shout out as well.

It's amazing to realize there are people in my life that aren't daily active participants, yet still, are directly impacted by my existence on these forums.

I can't even begin to explain the importance and value these forums - and the people that keep them alive - really mean to me. The entire cannabis industry would not be the same without these pages - without the beings that manifested a reality from what these pages created.

We stand unique...those of us that grow this plant the right way for the right reasons. In a market that is now ever changing, we should by default become the constant. Keep elevating your garden. Keep pushing for superior flowers. Never settle. Never think you've got it all figured out...

The plant has much to teach us all - still. It's why we can't stop dropping seeds.

:respect:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
dank.Frank
Happy thanksgiving, Frank!
Very glad you’re back, strong, and feeling better!

Finally got both Mars Hydro SP3000 where they belong - above the plants in flower. Although, I already miss having one in veg. It was indeed crushing it as a veg lamp at around 35-50% intensity at that. Impressive performance all around.

Really looking forward to what is possible in flower - to see if they can compete with 2 x Growers Choice 315w CMH.

Each light is basically 3.25" wide, so I used a 16" section of "wiggle wire" aluminum channel used on greenhouses. Drilled a few holes for mounting and used some stainless bolts, nuts, washers to hold everything in place.

After the first 12/12 cycle with 2 x SP3000, the plants leaves are finally lifting up and praying a bit. Feeling like there is enough light in the space now to hit the desired growth standards I have.

View Image

View Image

@Mars Hydro Led - It's time to really see what these lights are capable of. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show them off! :joint:
Having followed you for a while, I’m really looking forward to what these LEDs can do in your setup...hoping for a revelation

Are you still growing in beds? Reason I ask is I want to run something past you. A recent conversation turned up a suggestion that P does not get depleted as its merely a taxi driver taking K across the root boundary and is then re-released back into the soil for reuse. If that is the case, then in a no drain medium, wouldn't that create a toxic level of P in the medium if standard flowering nutes were used? I'm thinking that if that is the case, I need to switch to solo nutes and just provide K in later flowering. Wondered what your thoughts are on that.

Before and after soil tests should be able to show it, yes? I mean, if there’s a P buildup in the soil....

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Yessssssssssss this is what I’m talking about LETS GO lol. This warms my heart when I see you dive into the vault and pop things that are precious to you. Seeing this I know your in a better place and that makes me happy. I can’t wait to see what the future brings my friend. I’m very greatful for the conversations we have had over these past months. They have benefited me more than you know. To know that those chats have helped you in some way too well I couldn’t be happier. Stank bros volume two hell yea best thing I’ve heard in 2020 by far.

genetic freaked

Veteran
@GMT - Still in a soil bed.

I would have to disagree with, based simply on my own experience. I can a used media and watch the plants do fine in it until various elements are depleted. If the plant wasn't truly "eating" it, that would never happen.

However, I'd like to review the source material for that concept. I don't see that being possible, though, as an initial gut response.

---------------------------------

Time to sprout some more seeds. Moon cycle is right and I can't clone to save my life, so, there's that too. The vault runs deep, so, let's see what we can germinate:

Dabney Blueberry x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2) - Chili Berkster
The White x Digi Bx1 - Chili Berkster
Blueberry Sativa x Digi Bx1 F2 - Verdant Green
Blueberry Sativa x (Blueberry Sativa x Digi Bx1 F2) - Verdant Green

Snomoji - Genetic Freaked

Chem Sister x (GG4 x GROM/Digi Bx1) - Scrappy Doo

TK x '88 G13/HP F2 - Moses Wellfleet

Cobalt Haze - Abja Roots

Forum GSC x (OG x Lucifer OG) - MeltingPot

ChemSour x SSCDH F2 - Bench Warmer

SureShot Bx1 - Get Mo

I'm going to try to germinate some that I think may not sprout and some I know will.

It's time to make a new Digi Bx1 line - and that in part has me very interested in the first 4. Others, I only have a few seeds left, so it makes sense to try and clear them outta the vault and see what's there. Other things, like the CS x SSCDH F2 - well, that opens up a whole new different direction that could quickly consume the entire garden.

I'd like to start something that will add variety - or - something that will give me breeding material to pair with the current round of flower.

Fam95 x TK/'88 G13HP - really seems like a SMART idea, seeing as I didn't get any males to F2 the Fam95 line and keep it pure to itself. That'll just have to be okay.

The Chem Sis x Snow Monkey - could really be a nasty banger. Lot of potential in caught in that line and I'm just a sucker for a Chem Sis cross. When bred, she just produces plants better than herself. Love seeing what surfaces.

I only have 5 of the MeltingPot GSC/OG cross. We know that Cookies plays well with OG - we've seen it in many different examples. Could be some fire locked in those beans. Those are certainly on the short list.

dank.Frank

LFG!!! Time to move Stank Bros forward. I really want to see a Stank Bros release that make people excited.
Like that first release I got GromxDigi. Like when the Kens father x was released. The ssscdh line. Shit that people are lucky to have a 10 pack of.

I always popped what was popular. You taught me to pop what can move the line forward.
To not pop something to find just in that line but to pop something to move forward to the future.

No matter what you pop I know it’s a chess move no one sees that brings you closer to the future of the best big thing

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ooo that chem sis snow monkey sounds awesome!

i grew two of the sureshot bx’s late season outdoors last year, nice resin for sure. mine had some sweetness and a kush bottom end on the nose if i recall correctly.

Bmac1

Veteran
Great to see the garden rocking DF and you back on your feet.

Thats a great lineup for a bean pop too and I can't wait to see what you find. I'd be perfectly happy helping you dispose of anything with strong blueberry terps ;-)

I am familiar with the gold in the bench f2 as well and can't wait to see what you find. I've had a few very interesting plants out of the pack of those that I popped.

The light and cab setup looks on point. I'm looking forward to seeing the cab blow up over the next while.

Latest posts

Latest posts