What's new

Dinnertime on IC (depending on your time zone)

G

Papulz said:
is it just me or does it seem like everyones eating salmon

I believe it's Lent. Which explains my chicken today, and my Triple Whopper yesterday.

Yummybud

Veteran
you know what I really want to try? lobster. I keep hearing that it's so good but I'm too scared to try it...... they just look like big scorpions, It looks gross sucking the meat out of the shell. Also I'd feel bad dropping the live lobster in boiling water.

I might try some precooked lobster from the groccery store.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best way to try lobster is to buy yourself an 8 ounce tail, steam it and dip it into butter

Yummybud

Veteran
actually I'd say steak is my favourite food...... I eat steak like 3-4 days a week, marinade it in worchestire sauce and pepper or jamaican jerk sauce.

Last edited:

Yummybud

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
The best way to try lobster is to buy yourself an 8 ounce tail, steam it and dip it into butter

I'm going to try lobster soon. it's just that I hate bugs and a lobster just looks like a big bug and I don't like touching the shell so I'd prefer to have lobster with the meat cut out....

G

I had salmon because it tastes good not for lint which I don't celebrate being an atheist.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
Blech!!! Lobster!! When I went to Boston with my aunt and uncle (I was around 10) we stopped at some restaurant on a pier and everyone ordered lobster, I got chicken strips. The waiter asked where we were from, they are Arkansas folk, I said Texas. Well little man, ever had lobster?? No??? Well, I will get you one, if you don't like it, which you will, ya'll aint gotta pay for it. They brought it out and EVERYONE in the place turned to watch this little Texas boy try his first lobster. I have never came so close to throwing up but still managing to hold it in my life. Everyone looked so disappointed. Some guy at another table ate it. Oh well, the chicken wasn't too bad. But then again, I hate all seafood.

Oh, I had a Freebird's burrito tonight....and an Old English 40 oz. Forgive my typing, I am a lightweight when it comes to drinking. :friends: I'm on the right.

Yummybud

Veteran
haha. Yeah seafood isn't my favourite but I still like salmon steaks, shrimp and I tried canned crab meat once and it was okay.

I tried muscles once and it was the sickest thing I tried I wanted to puke, their like little slime balls with moutes.

I guess it really depends on your culture and what your used to eating. To someone who has never tried steak or chicken it might be gross.

I'm guessing lobster tastes similar to shrimp?

oh forgot to mention I also tried shark fin and squid...... not very good.

someone told me that swordfish is really good and this girl at my old work was telling me she had "puffer fish " or whatever you call them, those poisonous japanese fish and she said it was really delicous.

Last edited:

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
I thought it would, but no. (To me) It tasted like fish ass. Not fresh fish ass. I don't know, I can not even stand the smell. This is just my opinion, I am sure it probably does not really taste like that. I could not stand it. Hell, and 8 years later the same aunt and uncle made me try it again. They bought a whole damn lobster to waste on me. And didn't make nothing else. I was pissed.

Ever had crab? Its like crab.

Or even i would go as far to say, its the texture of fish, but the taste of shrimp. Dip it in garlic+butter sauce. SOOOO fucking good,.

its kurmit

i love hot wings, if they dont burn going and and burn coming out they rnt hot enough!!
for dinner i had some home made manhattan clam chowder(i love it when clam chowders actually has CLAMS in it haha)

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
I enjoyed a lovely seafood (shrimp, oysters, crab, orange roughy, crawfish) and andouille file` gumbo with jasmine rice, nice and spicey! Washed down with an icey cold abita turbodog, and a big fat bowl of c99 for dessert.

peace -fb

Yummybud

Veteran
I was just watching the news and they were barbequeing crocodile..... I wonder if it might actually be good.

G

Yummybud said:
I was just watching the news and they were barbequeing crocodile..... I wonder if it might actually be good.

yea it is VERY good, especially when flowered and fried

spagettini in a tomato bolongaise sauce with garlic bread, carpessio salad and a fried then baked 15oz peice of veal.....mmmmm baby cow....... yea i'm an apprentice chef so i make bombass food.
@nikijad4210... if you EVER have anyquestions concerning Italian food just p.m. me. i'm learning from this little old italian lady who knows everything...ask wolf he'll agree that its a genetic thing lol

but seafood is gross(except shellfish), as long as its not a fish and its not moving...or i can catch it i will eat it. :)

diggle

Man I love lobster....went out east when I was a real youngin' and I've been a lobster addict since. I think it's silly for anyone who eats meat to take issue with killing them....though I might have trouble throwing them into boiling water if they looked more like puppy dogs and less like science fiction creatures. They're fricking delicious.

Yummy, quit being a sally "I dont wanna touch the shell"...half the fun is tearing the thing apart and eating the delicious insides! It's amazing how many people love to eat meat, but their stomach turns if they're confronted with any thing less than a finished product.....

acctually just thought of this

lobsters DO scream when you drop them into boiling water (i know from experience) it's barley qudible but extremely high pitched....only lasts about 10 sec tho....boiling water takes the fight out of anthing dropped into it lol

G

The wife made shrimp scampi on spinach linguini.

Excellent as usual. Thanks Hon!!

G

niki.. excellant choice!

one of my favorite meals at a local restaurant... gnochii with sliced french black truffles sauteed in butter sauce w/shredded gruyer cheese on top..

make the gnocci's yourself... much better than store baught..

don't use too much flour though.. its tough to get the gnocci's so they stay light and dont get too heavy for the stomach... but if you can do all that (and trust... the truffles are where its at!)

i can promise you will LOVE it

peace

bILL

Latest posts

Latest posts