What's new

Dinnertime on IC (depending on your time zone)

Nikijad4210

Veteran
What's cookin' tonight for everyone?
As soon as I muster up the courage, I'm going to give homemade Gnocchi a try. When I mentioned it to Wolf earlier, who's Italian, he cringed a little.....Dammit, I know I'm not a very good cook, and I know pleasing an Italian tongue isn't easy, but at least I try! Sometimes I get lucky, and what I cook turns out edible instead of burned black...or undercooked....or just nasty....But I nailed making pancakes from scratch this morning, so maybe I can get lucky with dinner, too :biglaugh:

Now I just have to figure out what kind of sauce to try to make for the Gnocchi......

Hey there Nikijad4210,

Tonight my girlfriend is coming over, and im gonna cook up some Angel hair pasta, roast some garlic in a pan with Bell peppers, Mushrooms and some onions, add some Olive oil and the noodles, and maybe make some garlic bread too.

Oh and for smoke I got us some (Sensi-Star X Hogsbreath). It smells JUST like seaweed/sushi.

Tarkus

Mother Nature's Son
Veteran
I clicked on the wrong thread for someone who is damn hungry. I have no idea what I can chomp on, no food in the place.....guess I will be going out somewhere. Oh wait, no bread either. Ha, sounds good. I love food, and I am a decent cook, just ain't got no ingredients.

G

Lime grilled salmon with a little lemon-garlic butter sauce.

Butter lettuce and radicchio salad with roma tomatoes... sweet yellow onion... sliced zucchini... caramelized walnuts... tossed with a sweet italian dressing.

bon appetite!

Yummybud

Veteran
hey I had grilled salmon/ garlic/ lemon sauce last night, with fries. love salmon.

tonight I'm going to eat some beef/ veggie stew, it's pretty good.

I'm craving some spicy buffalo wings right now......

Yummybud,. ive said before that if i could have somethign that is my "Scoobysnack" its Buffalo wings....only the spicey kind. Oh god i love them, but the burning ring of fire is a bitch.

mtnjohn

Veteran
take out...a big ol philly cheesesteak and some wings

heart attack on a plate...damn good it was
mj

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
< is full melting it up as this is typed before his chipotle burrito this evening.

G

mtnjohn said:
take out...a big ol philly cheesesteak and some wings

heart attack on a plate...damn good it was
mj

not as bad as my breakfast of fried jalapeno poppers

diggle

You could go with a nice bechemel sauce for the gnocchi...just flour, milk, butter, and whatever flavoring you want to add (I usually use smashed up walnuts)....plus it sounds fancy. Usually only works well with veggies...too rich to pair with meats.
A butter sage sauce usually pairs nicely with gnocchi as well...

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Subway 12inche Sandwich
2 cups white rice 2 cups fried rice
3 cups chopped Chicken

Making Chocolate Chip Cookies now

Goes with a bowl of SourQueen and LifeSaver

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
is it just me or does it seem like everyones eating salmon

hedonism bot, your breakfast of fried jalapeno poppers does your name sake justice.

D

DJ_highst_

vegetarian burrito from my fav spot and wheat grass w/ an orange and green tea. sorry I am a tree-hugging hippie.

G

Bro, I just chowed this SOLID chicken & rice bowl. Recipe follows:

2 tbsp butter on low heat in a large skillet.
6 oz chicken breast strips w/ rib meat(Oscar Mayer brand precooked. Not the ones that were recalled..I checked)
1 oz Vegetable Oil(probably would be more solid with olive oil)
Stir fry that stuff for a minute or 2..low-med heat
Throw in some conservatively diced jalapenos
...and minced onions, too
Add about an ounce of lime juice
And about 2 ounces of Corona(not corona light, pussy)

Cook that all on med heat for a couple mins..until the chicken browns a little.

Grab a bowl(the other kind of bowl..), fill it up with half short-grain white rice that you cooked(you did cook that, right?). Top it with your CHAMPION Mexican-type stir fry. Add some salsa to help break that rice up a little, and add a little flavor.

And chow, brown.

Latest posts

Latest posts