What's new

Dimebaggs build and grow: Perpetual cab

Dimebagg

very sweet cabinet! what vents are those black back vents and where can i find them (lightproof i assume?)

can u step-by-step explain how u made the DWC Buckets (especially the internal components) as well as the cloner?

Def. will be keeping my eye on this thread.

how is the noise from the fan and the bubbler.
what would you compare the noise level to? and how is the temp now?

awsome thread. thanks for answering my questions!

Buckets were really easy. Walmart sells them, they are 1 gallon Mainstays brand in the tubberware dept, they come in 2 packs for less than 3 bucks. I put a strip of tapedown the side to keep a clear bar to check water levels, then I painted them with Krylon fusion spray paint, a few layers of black to keep light out, then a few layers of white on top to keep heat out. Used a hot knife to cut correct size circles in lids for the net pots. Drill a hole in the side for air tubing, and run in tubing in with a T splitter at the bottom, with 2 cylinder airstones at the bottom of each pot. The air tubing is held in place with little plastic pieces made to run electrical wire neatly along a wall. I recently made new tops with just a single hole in the tops, and I'll probably end up using those unless I can find a strain that will grow compact enough to grow 2 in a pot. I just use and aqua culture aquarium air pump. If you need anything else about the pots, let me know.

And basically, the cloner is made the same way, just hooked up in the mom room on a separate air pump.

I cannot hear the bubblers running, but I can hear the fan, though its moreso the air flowing than anything. I counteract this by either running a small fan, or a small desktop decorative fountain. If you run something near it, you cannot pick the different sounds apart from one another.

Thanks for the interest, keep checking in for updates :smokeit:

big twinn

Veteran
Awsome! great response, exactly what i ws hoping for.

now how about those black vents in the back of the cabinet? where did you buy those? they are light proof, correct?

Dimebagg

Awsome! great response, exactly what i ws hoping for.

now how about those black vents in the back of the cabinet? where did you buy those? they are light proof, correct?

they are darkroom louvers, you can buy them from many online camera retailers, I wasnt able to find any locally. Yep, they are lightproof, and 8" allows for very efficient ventilation.

also, temps are low 80s at the top of the canopy, and mid to high 60s at the bottom.

Dimebagg

:booked:

picture.php

socbutter

Congrats man, nice grow

Impressed how you beat the heat problem with that 150HPS. What's the distance between the top of the plants and the bulb?

Dimebagg

Congrats man, nice grow

Impressed how you beat the heat problem with that 150HPS. What's the distance between the top of the plants and the bulb?

I have had to keep the plant in pot1 trimmed back near the bulb, it just would not stop growing. Thats the risk I took with bagseeds. But there is a bud about as big as the main cola behind the cool tube, off to the side of the bulb. its been growing up against the cooltube for awhile now. Other buds sit around 3" or so from the light.

So heat overall hasnt been an issue, but I have had a few burnt leaves. But as long as I keep the leaves from sitting directly in line with the bulb. This should be no problem next cycle, I'll be training sooner, and will know the growth structures of my clones

Dimebagg

wow wow wiow wow wow wow wow.
they look really kick ass.

thanks! :smokey:

cant wait to harvest these girls and get the good genetics running.

Trainwreck and Great White Shark moms are growing strong, just cut a clone from the GWS, so crossing my fingers she'll root. Not having such good luck with the C99xDCs. 6/6 have germed, planted them all with ~1/2 taproots, and so far only 1 has sprouted, other 5 died died off. the C99xDCs are not femmed, so crossing my fingers for that as well. I do have 2 more germing though.

Dimebagg

Heres a copy and paste from my diary to showcase the cabs first harvest :smokeit:

1.29-

Its finally here. Harvest #1 from my first hydro cab. Again, this plant was an accidental bagseed cross of my own, was started from seed, switched to 12/12 about 2 weeks after sprouting. It is one of two plants that were started in the cab. About 63 days or so from showing sex, here we are. I dont want to say it smells like grapes just because its purple, but it definitely has a sharp, fruity smell, with a little bit of stank thrown in.

240g wet, plus some smaller popcorn and trim. I said I'd be happy with an O, but maybe I'll get 2 out of it :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now heres what Im worried about. Some of the buds right under the light grew up close to eachother. Does this look like mold or bud rot or anything I should be worried about? To me it just seems like parts dont have any pigment. But some parts are dark brown, and there were some brown and dead sugar leaves in this mix. should I snip this area off? if so, is it safe to add it to my trim to make bubble hash out of?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dimebagg

hah, whaat? no love for the harvest pics? I'll have these dried and ready to cure hopefully by tomorrow. I'll prob post some pics then.

Dimebagg

Yeah i'd like to see what they look like in finished form. This was just random bag seed you say? it sure is pretty.

Well basically. Its a accidental cross I go when I had a bagseed hermie and polinate another bagseed.

Im guessing I'll have around 40g from this girl. Next girl should be ready in around 2 weeks I'd say. I have 2 new clones in to replace the harvested, and will be putting in a GWS clone or two next.

Dimebagg

Heres a few shots of dried product, after being in jars overnite. 41g dried, should keep me busy a while :smokeit:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

tokinafaty420

Looking great dimebag! mmm look at all those reddish brown hairs.