What's new

Dimebaggs build and grow: Perpetual cab

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wow, the S&P TD-100s are WAY larger than I had imagined. I may try to use it to cool both chambers. That would be a 150w HPS, and 2 42w CFLs. I'll have to wait til the HPS comes in to figure it out.

Nice work, dude. Check out the cab thread in my sig for light and fan ideas.

Dimebagg

My first thought is to use a ducting "T" and run one end into the flowering chamber, and one down into the mother room. Here is a touchpad/paint rendition:

picture.php

I assume it I were to do something like this, then I'd have to put my carbon scrubber on the outside of the fan setup, getting pushed through, because putting it in the flower chamber would create more resistance, probably just pulling the majority of air through the mother room, correct?

Disco, are you using any type of odor control? our set ups look very similar, great job on yours

Dimebagg

Still no plants, light should be in tomorrow. I did, however, make my bubble cloner. The net pots are the same size Im using in the grow, so I can root clones and simply pop the pots out and put them in the flower chamber.

picture.php

Dimebagg

got some more work done. I definitely will not have any room for drying, but Im not too worried about it. I installed my light today. 150w HPS, and its simple reflector.

picture.php

Also ran the duct work. went with the 4" "T". I stretched panty hose over the end of the flexible connector that goes into the T, filled a few inches of carbon, then made basically a spring clamp out of a clothes hanger, shaping it in a circle and stretching more hosiery over it, and stuffed it in through the other end of the flexible ducting, and thats my odor control. S&P TD100 is back there, as is a junction box with the lights guts stuffed in it.

picture.php

Looks like I have enough room for a couple different mother strains

picture.php

and action!

picture.php

still to do:

-put in back panels (already have darkroom vents installed in panels.
-put in lighting for mother room (2 42w CFLs)
-test run for temps
-GROOW

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Hey man, the "T" would have worked for my setup. Wish I had thought about something like that. Nice construction and assembly.:D

Dimebagg

Got the lights put in the mother/clone room. Not as neat and clean as the flower room, but it'll have to do. Got the light fixtures on clearance for $5 each.

picture.php

got the back panels put on, so besides the air pumps, everything installed and ready to go.

picture.php

with that said, I'm doing a test run tonight to see what temps are looking like. Im having troubles with the 2 CFLs though. wired both in to the same plug, but when one light is one, the other will not turn on. I unscrew the bulb and the other bulb lights right up. I dont want to have 2 separate cords for the lights, but I guess we'll have to see.

Also, go some seeds germinating :joint: For my first few runs, Im going to use some seeds I accidentally made in made in my last cab.

Mox420

got some more work done. I definitely will not have any room for drying, but Im not too worried about it. I installed my light today. 150w HPS, and its simple reflector.

picture.php

Also ran the duct work. went with the 4" "T". I stretched panty hose over the end of the flexible connector that goes into the T, filled a few inches of carbon, then made basically a spring clamp out of a clothes hanger, shaping it in a circle and stretching more hosiery over it, and stuffed it in through the other end of the flexible ducting, and thats my odor control. S&P TD100 is back there, as is a junction box with the lights guts stuffed in it.

picture.php

Looks like I have enough room for a couple different mother strains

picture.php

and action!

picture.php

still to do:

-put in back panels (already have darkroom vents installed in panels.
-put in lighting for mother room (2 42w CFLs)
-test run for temps
-GROOW

Hi i just noticed somethin that might help in the last pic you can see light coming from the hps going into the mother chamber from your ventilation tubes. You will need to light proof that so you dont get light coming from you mom chamber to your flower chamber when the lights are off.

jgrow

if you add a 90 degree turn in the flower room and another in the mother room it should keep the light out.

Dimebagg

Yep, the ballast is behind the ductwork. Mox - there is not back panels in the picture you are refering to. There is not much of a light leak in the set now, I will fix it with a pair of panty hose on each intake.

Temp run:
mother room: 78* :joint:
flower room: 101* :yoinks:

The cab is not completely air tight yet, I hope that fixes the problem. And that run was even withOUT the carbon filter.

jgrow

that's a scary temperature man, maybe try to reduce the diameter of the exhaust in the mother room to get more flow in the flower room.

zappa66

Yah, get a cool tube, and while you're at it check out some vert grows because thats the first thing I thought of looking at you're cab. You're clones are in a "O" pattern anyway...

Dimebagg

Yah, get a cool tube, and while you're at it check out some vert grows because thats the first thing I thought of looking at you're cab. You're clones are in a "O" pattern anyway...

This crossed my mind while building the cab. Space is my only issue with it, and running 4" ducting all the way to the light, plus the space that a 90* turn takes up, I just figured it wouldnt be worth it.

For the cooltube idea, I was going to try running without one to see how things go, so I guess thats the point that Im at now. If I run a tube, I'll almost HAVE to run my light diagonally, as I cant fit 90* bends in the ductwork to get to the light, and I dont want to mess up my light dispersion too much.

But if thats what it comes down to, Im confident I have more than enough watts for the cab space, and it'd be better running the light diagonally than growing in triple digit temps :cool: