What's new

Dimebaggs build and grow: Perpetual cab

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Yo Dime, wishing you and yours a happy and safe 2011. Better luck next time.

Dimebagg

gifs_Bump.gif

so, here we are...

A few good ladies are about to make their way back into my life very, very soon

picture.php

COMING SOON:
GHS Cheese fem - 12/12 from seed DWC
GHS White Rhino fem - 12/12 from seed DWC

-mother search:
SOL Blue Satellite 2.2
Mandala Satori
Nirvana Bubbleicious
Nirvana PPP
Dinafem Power Kush
Rez SSSDHxG13
Sam the Skunkman Original Haze x Skunk 1 (only one seed left, Im crossing my fingers)

Ive missed you guys and have especially missed taking care of my girls. Im excited to get things rolling again. Im tying up a few loose ends that I felt needed improvement on the cab while Im putting it back together. Hopefully she'll be running better than ever very soon.

see you guys soon :tiphat:
cheers,
Dimebagg

Dimebagg

First up on list of improvements: New carbon scrubber. I'd love to see some ideas for a flat-as-possible, rear-mounting filter setup. I want to keep my cab as close to the wall as possible, which was hard to do with the original scrubber.

anyone want to chime in?

Dimebagg

6/17

Well things are about to get rolling. Germing a few different strains as we speak, and for all the naysayers, both of my cheap/free Nirvana seeds popped before any other seeds. So I've got 2 PPPs and 2 Bubbleicioius in the dirt.

A sad sight, here is my cab as of now:
picture.php

Im going to finally air/light proof the cab 100%. Going to remove the felt lining on there and make some new lips inside the cab, and will probably use the caulk/vasoline method to seal. Also you'll notice I've removed the plastic liners I had taped to the hinged sides. I have an idea that I hope will work

In other sad news, my stash just ran out :frown: So heres what I tried. Call it poor mans dirty hash or something haha. I took all my jars that are coated with sticky resin and trichs and other tidbits. Shook up each with a little alcohol, and gonna let this dry out. haha, cant wait to see what turns up

picture.php

Dimebagg

Getting things started

In hopes of getting some stash while I'm going through the mother selection process, Im going to run the following 12/12 from seed(ling), hydro all the way.

-GHS Cheese fem
-PPP
-Bubbleicious
picture.php

-PPP
picture.php

Germed/sprouting-
-2 PPP
-2 Bubbleicious
-2 Satori
-1 Blue Satellite 2.2
-1 SSSDHxG13
picture.php

Also, I'll be running the same set up and rotation as before, hopefully even more efficient than ever. Mothers in soil, clones in the 1gallon hydro buckets.

Dimebagg

6.22-

All seedlings have sprouted except one SSSDHxG13, also, I scuffed up the White Rhino fem and finally got it to germ, so I'll try to run that 12/12 from seed as well.

I know Im not going to get much response until the budshots start coming. I was thinking that I might start a new thread since this one has alot of unused material in the beginning. Let me know what you guys think. Heres a progress shot

picture.php

socbutter

Progress reports are good. Its all good.

In other sad news, my stash just ran out So heres what I tried. Call it poor mans dirty hash or something haha. I took all my jars that are coated with sticky resin and trichs and other tidbits. Shook up each with a little alcohol, and gonna let this dry out. haha, cant wait to see what turns up

Gonna try this soon myself. Leaving Florida for Colorado soon, so until I get my card I'll be doing the same. LOL

Dimebagg

Progress reports are good. Its all good.

Gonna try this soon myself. Leaving Florida for Colorado soon, so until I get my card I'll be doing the same. LOL

haha man it turned out awfully light and fluffy. Just a more thin-wood shaving like than what I expected. I got a good bit, but its harsh. Does the job though :joint:

Good luck on the the card brother!

Dimebagg

Step by step, day by day.

picture.php

cleaned her up a bit. I dont have any closer shots at the moment, but the wires and power cord that I had exposed in the mother room are now cleaned up, I rewired them up through the top into the utility shelf.

Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to run a carbon scrubber internally. As in replace that dryer duct with a scrubber somehow. I'll probably take that question to the design&equipment forum, but us growers here in the micro forum have a knack for squeezing shit into small spaces, so what can I do?

Lastly for todays update, I've decided I will go ahead and start another thread. Not yet though. I'm going to continue here until the transformation is complete. Once I'm 100% up and running with the cab how I want it, I will begin grow thread #2. But stick around here for sure, I've got some awesome ideas in store and I want you guys who have been around to see how much better this cab can get.

Dimebagg

Just a little update. Things are coming together quick, which is good because the babies are growing and will need real nurturing soon.

I was having problems with the bottoms of the door not closing all the way or getting a good seal since the lot was pulling from the top. So, how about some extra security as well? Unlock cab, but it still wont open?!? whats going on?!?!
picture.php

- well, I put this little guy under here. Re-purposed an alan wrench as a secret door pin under the cab. Invisible unless your on the ground looking for it. I just drilled a hole up through the floor of the cab, into the flower room door. Push the door in firmly and slide the pin up, the pressure from weather stripping holds it in.
picture.php

Speaking of weather stripping, I got the flowering room 99% light and air proof. Basically Im sure theres some leak somewhere, but I cant see any. With the door closed and without even taping or clamping the exhaust fan to the tubing, theres enough suction to hold up an envelope with a greeting card in it. (Ive actually done more work since this pic as well)
picture.php

and of course, the babies:
picture.php

What else is going on now?
-mother room light/air proofing is 80% complete
-new DIY carbon scrubber is 60% complete
-ambient temps in the room my cab is located in need to be dealt with.
-grow tubs and lids are in the middle of a few new coats of paint
-access panel added to rear of cab, the upper part of the utility room. This will allow easy access once I tape up my ducting.

Dimebagg

Both sides are now air/light tight, something this cab never experienced. Flower cab runs about 83-85*, not perfect, but it'll do until the weather cools down. Mother cab stays about 79-81*. Still havent made the ducting air tight, I may decide to add another fan before I tape it up.

I wanted clean and efficient, I think I nailed it

picture.php

The mothers were stressing out to the heat the other day before I fixed it. They are looking better now, temps have been under control for 2 days and I can already tell a difference. White Rhino in the hydro looks weak, but I think she'll perk back up.

picture.php

up next -
-rear door
-odor control
-timer set up
-12/12

Any updates? Just reread the entire thread. Can't wait to see it produce again. This cab has inspired me to do dwc under a 150hps and 2 cfl in a 24(w)x26(d)x34(h) nightstand micro cab, my mother cab is a gutted selfpowered surround subwoofer. This thread is Awsome. Good luck and +++ karma

GrowBox420

Looks awesome in there like you said nice and clean and tight trying to get that in my cab might just try and start it over. Gonna read the thread from page one.

Dimebagg

Hey, thanks alot guys. Been really busy IRL, havent had much time to update here online, but i never get much response from veg/early flower pics anyways.

My new thread has been started! Definitely read through this thread if you planned on doing so though. I went through a few ups and downs that I think could really help other growers save some time and money, as well as prove a few other growers wrong as to whats possible with small scale DWC, particularly with pH issues. I cant stress enough that your nute choice is key. Ive switched to powdered MaxiBloom this round, keeps the water nice and clean, roots nice and white, and still buffers my pH to where it needs to be.

Check out my new thread when your done with this one!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=216397

Latest posts

Latest posts