What's new

Defoliation: Hi-Yield Technique?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Better watch out Spangles, Head does not agree with defoliating. Oh wait, they are the best you have seen in over 8 years and your defoliating?

best run of the same plant under the same conditions with defoliating being the only variable?
Out of how many runs?

"head does not agree with defoliating" except, as head has repeatedly stated, and you seem blind to... in little tiny
gardens.

Head does not agree that defoliation should be billed as a universal high yield technique, based merely on "it looks like more".

Head does not believe defoliation to be the best method for accomplishing the goals it accomplishes.

You should get the chip off your shoulder, and stop slandering me with your distortions of my statements.

slowandeasy

Veteran
best run of the same plant under the same conditions with defoliating being the only variable?
Out of how many runs?

"head does not agree with defoliating" except, as head has repeatedly stated, and you seem blind to... in little tiny
gardens.

Head does not agree that defoliation should be billed as a universal high yield technique, based merely on "it looks like more".

Head does not believe defoliation to be the best method for accomplishing the goals it accomplishes.

You should get the chip off your shoulder, and stop slandering me with your distortions of my statements.

How many times do I have to repeat myself. Same EVERYTHING, except defoliating. I have done these same plants in the same environment, getting the same food, same light, same set up. I have done them 6 times in a row the past year. And I am not a newbie, I have been doing this for over a decade.

You are the one with the Chip on the Shoulder! Dont come into a thread and think you are GOD, and that you are right and everyone else is wrong! I am not distorting your words. Sorry, you agree it Might work in Micro grows only. Believe what you want to believe. I am telling you what I DO, why do you not like to listen....yet you expect everyone else to trust every word you spit? Do what works best for you, and move along...you obviously are just trying to start shit. Like I told the other guy, I do everything myself...If you cant visually tell you did much better...or worse for that case.....you need glasses! I will post my yield in a few days, as I have said 10x. That means I will use a Scale!

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I feel like I am in highschool now with b.s. claims and statements and no proof either way.

Does someone have side by side proof this DOES work?
Does someone have side by side proof this DOES NOT work?

or is everyone talking out their ass and simply stating it does/doesn't work based off of other shit you have read or heard online?

JWP

Hey that was the nicest thing you have said so far! Too bad your being sarcastic. Good luck to you as well.

Thanks mate, i was trying to get as far away from this thread as i could for a while. But...

I was looking in the flower pix section and was shocked to see some defoliated plants.

What is it that this dude did wrong exactly? He left some fan leaves on? I read hear earlier from the dude who started this thread that fan leaves are the culprits? I guess he should have cut them off too to increase the yield?

BOG's Sweetest Cindy 05

If BOG saw his sweetest cindy massacred like this im sure he would have something to say about it!

3 x 400w!!!!!

All i'm saying is please be carefull with the info you are spreading. Its clearly dangerous

picture.php

knna

For the abundant haters who likes to criticize that you dont understand, please notice that defoliation works not due the increased light avalaible for bottom areas (although bottom buds of course benefit from it) but mainly due plants react to defoliation by giving up wasting energy on vegetative parts, and concentrate all their energy on budding.

As you didnt read the full thread so you havent seen the results nor read the debate, its normal you critic it. Its way easier to critic something than you dont understand.

"I dont understand it, so it cant be possible". Some bad logic in that statement, which is the core hater's posts. Instead of trying it and then give their opinion, start blaming and arguing against what plants actually does. No sense.

Many people has tried this technique and got a noticiable and mensurable increase on yield. Some not, for sure. But probably most did. And still is just a few got their yield increased, that invalidates all the arguments about why it cant work.

If it can work sometimes, it works. You can argue then if its an easy technique to use or if it requires a long learning curve. But you cant convince mother nature to not do what she is doing. And actually many defoliated plants ends with more bud (weight) that equal not DF plants, not because total plant matter of the plant is higher, but because ratio calix/rest of plant is way higher (which BTW, is the core of most growing techniques).

I really had a very funny time reading JWP and others convencing Nature to give up doing it. Smoke one and read again their post at this viewpoint, you have some good laughts awaiting, I can guarantee it.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Thanks mate, i was trying to get as far away from this thread as i could for a while. But...

I was looking in the flower pix section and was shocked to see some defoliated plants.

What is it that this dude did wrong exactly? He left some fan leaves on? I read hear earlier from the dude who started this thread that fan leaves are the culprits? I guess he should have cut them off too to increase the yield?

BOG's Sweetest Cindy 05

If BOG saw his sweetest cindy massacred like this im sure he would have something to say about it!

3 x 400w!!!!!

All i'm saying is please be carefull with the info you are spreading. Its clearly dangerous

picture.php

Man why do you have to keep coming here harrassing these people?

slowandeasy

Veteran

BOG's Sweetest Cindy 05

3 x 400w!!!!!

picture.php

What did this dude do wrong? I have no idea, but that is not a good example...that is for sure! If I had that room and those lights, they would look nothing like that. One of my plants will out yield all of those. And mine are under 1 400watt light. That is just a waste of space. I am not ragging on him, but it is a poor example.

I am not claiming this method is for everyone....but it does work. Being a good grower is the first key, if you do not know what you are doing...there are too many factors to decrease your yield.

JWP

I'm not harrassing anyone

I'm having a discussion on a discussion forum about a topic worthy of having a discussion.

slowandeasy, thanks for the reply. Good advice. New growers beware.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran

I'm having a discussion on a discussion forum about a topic worthy of having a discussion.

No your not.And anybody that has read this thread knows the truth.If you dont agree with it..so be it..But you dont have to keep running people down for your pleasure.

You ever read the T.O.U.? Do you like this forum?

bs0

This guy here (me) has had 6 defol crops.. each successively more yeild. It dosen't benefit me at all to tell you this. Defol is the single biggest yeild increase i have experienced.

Calling it dangerous is completely silly. You do need to tailor it to each strain however... just like all of training techiques available. Just because it goes against you own preconceived notions dosen't invalidate how many thousands of posts here... last run: 26 zips from 600w. (Actually, 2200w shared over 4 racks) hate on defol to your hearts content, i'm takin my results for the bank.

slowandeasy

Veteran

slowandeasy, thanks for the reply. Good advice. New growers beware.

No problem and if you read the thread...you would see that the person who started the thread says the same thing. This is not for everyone. He says, you should know your plants before you attempt this, and I agree 100 percent.

New growers have other things to worry about. Get a few runs under your belt before you do anything different IMO. Since I have tons of experience with my strains, I am not affraid to try ANYTHING that has the potential to give me more bud.

Now if some Newbie just starts hacking away, of course it might not work as well for them. But, it could work out. But I actually agree with you on this one. I do not advise any new grower to do anything they are not comfortable with.

slowandeasy

Veteran
This guy here (me) has had 6 defol crops.. each successively more yeild. It dosen't benefit me at all to tell you this. Defol is the single biggest yeild increase i have experienced.

Calling it dangerous is completely silly. You do need to tailor it to each strain however... just like all of training techiques available. Just because it goes against you own preconceived notions dosen't invalidate how many thousands of posts here... last run: 26 zips from 600w. (Actually, 2200w shared over 4 racks) hate on defol to your hearts content, i'm takin my results for the bank.

Great post! I am with you. Money talks.

B

BrnCow

Will there be a summary?

Will there be a summary?

Since it's a pain ducking all of the cow patties flying around this thread, I just want to know if the OP will be posting a summary of his experience with this method. For all of the naysayers, if this turns out to be the bomb, everyone in the business will have the free opportunity to profit from this experiment. So, instead of picking up more cow shit to fling, I suggest you take one of you prime plants and turn it into a comparison experiment and provide a summary of your experiences also. Maybe this cat (OP) is onto something here...we might find out - if he doesn't get disgusted and split before he figures it out! I, for one, would like to know! And it may be way too work intensive for a warehouse grower but may really help the small med grower trying to get a better result for his/her patients...isn't this supposed to be what this is about?

Last edited:

slowandeasy

Veteran
Since it's a pain ducking all of the cow patties flying around this thread, I just want to know if the OP will be posting a summary of his experience with this method. For all of the naysayers, if this turns out to be the bomb, everyone in the business will have the free opportunity to profit from this experiment. So, instead of picking up more cow shit to fling, I suggest you take one of you prime plants and turn it into a comparison experiment and provide a summary of your experiences also. Maybe this cat (OP) is onto something here...we might find out - if he doesn't get disgusted and split before he figures it out! I, for one, would like to know! And it may be way too work intensive for a warehouse grower but may really help the small med grower trying to get a better result for his/her patients...isn't this supposed to be what this is about?

Wise words from a new member. My point exactly! Everyone who has not tried it wants proof. For the people who do not believe, stop being pussies and prove me wrong. If you want proof that it works, I want proof that it does not.
You want a side by side, do it yourself. Each persons set up is different, and like any other method it might work better for some than others. I am not a pussy, so I tried it. Guess what? It works for ME...and that is ALL that matters.

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Some of the plants look good but I would still tuck away the leaves instead of removing them for reasons that I stated in my previous post. It has worked well for me so far and in my experience, more leaves also means bigger buds.

Take it easy and best of luck with your grows.

Bob-Hope

Heres my little tree, now i no it doesn't stack up against ,what i would consider a normal plant. I.E fan leaves and Ala natural grow, but for the little room i have im well chuffed.
day 31 of 12/12

picture.php

And just to get into perspectice my height limitations a quick side view.

plant is around 13" tall and about 34"wide under a 400w sodium

picture.php

I think gratefullhead. is right maybe i should be in the micro / bonsai section. as i dont think my plant is a fair test, as ive done it just to suit my own needs.

but time will tell ive got around 38 to 40 more days to go. and until then i carnt comment on weather it was worth it or not.

Bob.

Back as a sticky???? for how long lol

bendoslendo

But like all good scientists, I experimented to prove others wrong.

As a scientist I take high offense to this, as any would. That is precisely not the reason to experiment. Research driven by preconceived outcomes is tainted/skewed by them and subsequently worthless, even damaging to the scientific community. Experimentation needs to be undertaken with an open mind and backed up by honest and accurate data.

knna said:
For the abundant haters who likes to criticize that you dont understand, please notice that defoliation works not due the increased light avalaible for bottom areas (although bottom buds of course benefit from it) but mainly due plants react to defoliation by giving up wasting energy on vegetative parts, and concentrate all their energy on budding.

I'd like to see you back this up with a source please. I've always done some amount of defol and have never noticed the plant giving up on growing leaves because of it. Leaves are always a net energy gain. The plant naturally stops growing leaves in flower to direct energy towards bud production. Any benefit this method provides is not due to energy being redirected from leaves to buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts