What's new

Darwin's Micro Grow - White Widow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Yellowing of leaves towards the end of flowering is normal Darwin. Those leaves are passed their use by date. Just rip them off and the buds will keep developing.

thats what i would do

thanks a lot for that guys, just wanted to double check as i've seen a few cases of nit def etc in flowering that looked similar. thanks again :D i guess they are nit def technically as the plants pulled all of the nutes and resources out of those leaves to feed the buds! could that mean that i need to bump nutes up slightly?

darwin

heater76

Healthy awesome girl, excellent work! are u adding some sugar(Molasses)? if not, never its too late to add some sugar to those beautifull candys :canabis:

Congrats!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey heater76, yeah mate i've got 1-2 tbsp's off unsulphured black strap molasses added to 10-15L of water! have been using it for the past 2 weeks, hpefully it's made a difference!

Penguin59

Hey heater76, yeh Darwin's been using some black strap molasses for a couple of weeks now. Good thinking. Should beef up the final product so fingers crossed!

Penguin

Strangely

I'd knock the molasses on the head when it's flush time though myself. I know some people like to use it right to the end, but I've seen enough good results on here flushing with just plain PHd water.

Lisdexik

Lookling just as she should Darwin! great work.

don't rip any leaves off!!!! i don't know why someone would give you that idea.... The plant will use them as a nutrient supply for late flowering, that why they're there.

Hope you have a happy harvest :laughing:

Lisdexik

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
here's the latest update guys

48 days flowering

picture.php

picture.php

i'm debating starting to flush her as of tomorrow (start of week 8), seeing as she's going yellow now anyway, what do you guys think? another 7-10 days of flushing with 2 days of no water then harvest should do her yeah? cheers

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
haha ok guys, i might start flushing tomorrow, that'll be the start of week 8. flush all week and a bit next week into week 9 and i'll probably harvest halfway through week 9. i'll try and get some more trich shots up tomoz if i get home before lights out guys hehe :D just took those this morning before i headed to uni.

Penguin59

By the way, about trimming off the yellowing leaves. I've always tended to agree with gavin2511 about letting the plant use all its energy on developing buds and not keeping yellow and used up leaves but everything i've read in books says this is crazy talk.

Jorge and several other authors i've read say that you should only remove leaves in flowering if they are more than 50% damaged or are seriously stopping light penetrating down to lower bud sites. Even yellowing leaves can still produce chlorphyl and keeping them doesnt harm the plant. The plant wont re-direct energy to the bud sites after trimming a yellowing leaf as i thought it did. Pruning them in flowering only stresses the plant unnecessarily and the plant will try to heal itself first after a trimming rather than beef up its buds.

Furthermore the book says you shouldn't do any serious de-foliation if you're within a week of flipping to 12/12 because this will slow maturation and can add a few days until pistils appear.

Anyway, my 2 cents on the issue
Penguin

DUGG

Start flushn mate shes telling you shes nearing the end of her lifecycle ... shes lookn good too!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
come on darwin get out of bed already you stoner and take some pics already :) love you bro ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts