What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's Micro Grow - White Widow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Darwin, good to see your grow turned out well. Keep mums if you can, clones are way easier to deal with than seeds. Particularly if you find the pheno you like. Peace.

yeah definitely doing that for this girl mate, only got about half an oz out of this small girl so decided to flower my bigger mothers i have in the tent (they're older clones anyway) i recently took more clones from each in an experiment comparing cloning gel vs powder in spag moss again, your method, so hopefully they take well! penguin and i are both pretty fond of this same cutting/pheno we flowered in the box (he's flowering a clone of her at the moment in that box in another thread, with LSD) so don't plan on loosing her anytime soon hehe :D hope you're well mate

darwin

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
yeah definitely doing that for this girl mate, only got about half an oz out of this small girl so decided to flower my bigger mothers i have in the tent (they're older clones anyway) i recently took more clones from each in an experiment comparing cloning gel vs powder in spag moss again, your method, so hopefully they take well! penguin and i are both pretty fond of this same cutting/pheno we flowered in the box (he's flowering a clone of her at the moment in that box in another thread, with LSD) so don't plan on loosing her anytime soon hehe :D hope you're well mate

darwin
Yeh, I've been reading penguins thread, interesting. I've never used Rootex powder for clones, Clonex purple just seems to be a reliable performer. Might do a clone run without it one day, plenty of people do and have success. I know people who use nothing and a woman who uses straight honey, all with great success. Whatever works for you and your strain I guess.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Yeh, I've been reading penguins thread, interesting. I've never used Rootex powder for clones, Clonex purple just seems to be a reliable performer. Might do a clone run without it one day, plenty of people do and have success. I know people who use nothing and a woman who uses straight honey, all with great success. Whatever works for you and your strain I guess.

yeah i'd been talking to shroomyshroom about stuff and he says powder hands down is better than gel, i'd also been using clonex purple gel since day one, so thought "screw it, i'll do an experiment and compare the results", i'm thinking they'll both do well. honey too doesn't surprise me at all that it's used as the bee saliva in it is a great anti bacterial, and it's be strong barrier on the clone with some nice sugars for the plant when it takes too. i've also seen in Kog's video him using powder i think, but i think he mentioned too that you don't really need anything. i've seen a few just use plain soil. lol guess there's 100 ways to skin a cat. i'll let you know the results in a few weeks time mate.

heater76

Congrats on the harvest!! very good job, im so piss off that could't log on this saturday i miss the harvest post, so glad the everything went very good.
Sweet harvest! Nothing like growing ang smoking your own!
happen the same to me

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey darwin!! I tried cloning using a DIY bubbler...the bubbler works great but I just used plain tap water without ph'ing it..they all burnt up...then my cat ate all the tops off of them!! no luck whatsoever!!
looking forward to many more grows bro!!
take care

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hehe sorry to laugh, the cat thing i've had too, during my first grow i had my plants out in the house to get some nice sunlight through the windows and my cat chomped one of them up... was not happy at all! :D

well I'll be damned! I guess I'll have to keep Whiskers away from the pot... al that catnip givin them the wrong idea.

Great grow man. Good luck with the reveg.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey jay, hey m4c, many thanks my friends :D check out the white widow grow i have going now in the tent, bigger but same girl involved :D

lasko

Nice buds darwin. How long did you let them flower? I found outthat ww is the best when harvest at 10-11 weeks not 8 :D

For cuts bro - less you complicate faster roots :D
Ive tested with hormone and without, in soil, coco, perlite, jiffys, rockwool ... diference is a day or two :D
You need just propagator and a medium and high humidity and DONT spray them

peace

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
crazy mate, cheers for the advice, i only let her go to about 7-8 weeks and she smoked well, very potent, but wasn't a huge fan of the smell

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
How's things going darwin!!
thought I'd pop in to see whats up!!
If you can let a plant veg longer( like 3-4 months) the potency is increased by quite alot but who can veg that long in a micro grow!!
be fun to try though!!
take care

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
that's interesting i never knew that mate, might have to give that a go next time i veg some plants hehe, do you know the reasoning behind why potency is increased with veg time mate?