What's new

DARWIN'S GUERILLA GROWING GUIDE

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
haha thanks mate, mind's at ease :D you going to use anything like fencing etc to protect from animals? i've a fair few white widow clones to put outside once they've rooted in the next 1-2 weeks too i hope, but they're tiny and would be easy snacks to wallabies and kangaroos etc if they wanted, so might have to fashion some fencing...

sounds good mate :)

yeah i got fencing and snail pellets these ladies will make it if it kills me :gday:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ha! that reminds me i need to get some snail pellets!! i'll have to get started on the fencing too this week i guess :D cheers mate, hope they all grow to be giants!

THC123

Veteran
very nice experiment m8

as long as it doesn't freeze too much they'll live , they even can survive a few nights of light frost

my buest guess would be that when hours start increasing , they will start flowering so maybe they'll finish in spring or maybe they'll get halfway through flowering and then start revegging

in the second case , you will have a monster yield in fall , cuz revegged plants branch out like crazy

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah, fingers crossed, it'll be interesting to see if they have time to finish on the way out of winter, i didn't realise that in the year there're 2 periods where plants may be able to flower. the first one going into winter definitely allows all plants too because those that take a long time can go through the first, the really low levels of light and then finish in the second, but if you start too late in the low levels of light part before the second you may miss out by a few weeks or a month. these guys wont' have much size to them either way i don't think so i'll probably just let them go and not harvest even if they do flower. and i'll chuck out a few more later on. i also have 2 big white widow plants about 2 ft tall in my closet just waiting to be flowered but haven't got a space for it yet.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Penguin came around today, back from his trip over in europe, went and checked out the guerrilla grow, had heaps of heavy rain recently as well as cold night (and day) temps going down to 5C at night if not lower, so plenty of frosts. the plants were definitely showing the signs of overwatering, well 2 of them, the power plant still seems to be loving it, though none of them have grown much at all. something had a bit of a chew on the power plant but chucked up the leaves nearby so haha don't think that the wallabys will be too much of an issue, thanks to the nature chemical deterrent in the leaves THC :D

also went and picked up some supplies to mix up some more soil for future stuff. so we mixed up about 150L of new soil and bagged them in 3-4 black garbage bags (still put my fingers through one of them when trying to move it...), had mould grow all over the last batch of soil i made up and stored in a plastic garbage bin. this was due to humidity and temps in the room (had it inside) as well as being covered with it's lid leaving the mould a perfect environment to grow in, this ended up killing a whole set of clones i'd taken and finished off some of my plants too.... wasn't happy. needless to say cleaned that entire room with mould killer and storing soil outside from now on away from grow. also pushed all the air out of these garbage bags of soil when i filled them and tied them off so no mould, moisture, air in there to do anything naughty!

here's the mix - it's all organic. 5 - 2 - 2 ratio (units of 6L i used)

30L x Organic Soil Mix
12L x Vermiculite/Perlite
12L x 5in1 organic nute mix
27tbsp x Dolomite (1tbsn/2L of mix or 2tbsp/Gallon)

i did this 3 times, each time in a wheel barrow then shoveled into garbage bags, and made up bit more than 150L of it. i'll use these for all of my future indoor stuff and probably mix in a fair amount of this with outside soil for my guerrilla stuff. bags are only about 10-15kg each so they're easy to move around and chuck in your car etc if need be.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SNC010131.jpg
    SNC010131.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 18

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
nice work darwin but you deff wanna throw some cow shit and some chicken shit into that mix and let to cook for at least 2 - 3 weeks and watch you trees explode ;) throw in some slow release pellets and you wont prob have to feed it again until flowering :)

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
nice work darwin but you deff wanna throw some cow shit and some chicken shit into that mix and let to cook for at least 2 - 3 weeks and watch you trees explode ;) throw in some slow release pellets and you wont prob have to feed it again until flowering :)

ah sweet, i'll have to source some of that stuff from nearby farms when i see them selling it. yeah got some pellets which i mix in before putting them outside. hopefully they'll go strong til flowering if that's the case :D set and forget would be nice haha

protoprat

Nice guide there darwin! The sky is the limit... well, NASA is doing some growing in space so technically it isnt. ;D

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i'll try get some in the next few days mate but last week when i checked nothing had changed at all, very little growth, no flowering yet, they'd just been chewed a little that was about it.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
fair enough mate :) just keen as on them LOL

hehe tell me about it! i'm hoping they take off soon, i'll go see them this week and might put a few more out there this month too i hope. i've just had 9 of 16 clones root and probably won't have space for them next to my parent plants and mazar project stuff. also got a heap off power plant, sam haze/skunk, and some unknowns to probably chuck outside. just gotta see how they go first as i've had a few issues with the seedlings recently, messed up but sorted it.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
unsure yet if we'll put these two outside or flower them inside, so far leaning towards cloning them out and flowering them inside, using the clones outside.

White Widow - 2 diff phenos

this one below has been topped once, has 4 main growing shoots. had some issues with it recently as i repotted it about a week ago but part of the root mass just fell off when doing it so it looked really wilted during the first 2 days of being repotted while it was recovering, really glad we didn't lose her!
picture.php

Better Pheno IMO (better vigour, just beautiful in the micro ScrOG grow i have going at the moment)
picture.php

this girl above has been topped twice now, it has 10+ tops growing. will be really bushy come flowering time!

picture.php

E

elmanito

I can better call you bush tucker Darwin.:D
:thank you: for the info, it was a pleasure to read about guerilla growing in Down Under.

What is the average temp in the winter over there??

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey mate nice to see you :D thanks for the compliment, i should add more to it soon, just trying to get more personal experience and more reading haha

it really depends where you live in aus, average temps south east aus where i'm from at the moment are probably between 5-15C each day (mins and max) so av probs 10-12C. but if you travel a few 1000kms north to qld they won't get below 13C in winter at all. still cop days of 20-30C.... it's unfair! haha

but yeah means a lot coming from you elmanito :D i've massive respect for your beautiful work mate!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
No thanks, seeds are in production.:D

Your info is better than from KOG.:yes:

holy molly! beautiful boys you got there! can't wait to see how it pans out mate :D i'm dying to get these mazar under 12/12 in a few weeks so i can see some males grow out, it'll be a first for me :D

E

elmanito

Males are some Danish like Purple Peace aka Manali purple, Oldfarmer Nepal, Curandero (Highland Oaxacan x Viking x Danish Gold).They are all early in flower, good hashplant and potent & strong.

Plant left under is a hybrid between Yunnani indica & Parvati from last year.I have got a Radjastani sativa male in the garden which i want to use to pollinate her.
Right from the Yunnani indica x Parvati is flowering fem Danish Gold which is now pollinated by the males.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
wow... haha i envy you sir! they all sound like beautiful plants and amazing crosses! i hope to be in a similar position one day with some great landraces to cross :D