What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's 2010-2011 Guerrilla Grow

If they are sporuts I'd say you'd be good now because they wont flower immediately (have around 4wks before they are mature enough to flower) but if they are older plants (clones) then hold on to em inside for a few more weeks...I seen a few people get messed up with small plants because they went out too early, started flowering, then re-vegged and they lost 5 weeks of prime veg growth due to that...

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah that's what i was thinking too gemini genetics i might give it another week at least and see if i can concentrate my efforts more on preparing that site and the other. but we'll see, i have a lot to play with, so even if the first batch i put out got messed up, it'd be worth the experience at the end of the day. i'll be planting stuff outside until the early months of next year so hopefully won't have all my eggs in one basket :D cheers for the advice mate!

UPDATE: just went out there tonight, pheww... very buggered now! carted out probably 100-150kgs of ferts and organic soil mix etc, walked it into jay's patch and poured it all out, dug it through the soil while my mate raked it out. also chucked maybe 8 handfuls of dolomite lime into the mix and raked that through. i think i'll add the same amount of stuff again this coming week and i'll grab as much mulch and soil from nearby to add to the mix too and expand this patch by a few metres as there's plenty of space behind it to fill out. each time we walked in we took a different track and after we finished up we put all our trash in a garbage bag and dumped that in a public bin in a back street in a town on the way home. was good, in and out pretty quick at 11pm, beautiful night, felt like staying there for a few hours and just hanging. 7C outside but with all the shoveling and raking i was down to a flanno in a matter of minutes haha dead calm, half moon so we didn't need the torch on and it was just absolutely dead quiet, could've heard a pin drop, while my mate and i just had a yarn and went about our business. definitely good to have a few people to rely on and take part when doing this stuff, would've been lonely on my own at this hour! :D anyway hopefully i'll get some more done this week. i've all of tomorrow off so i might head out there again at night if i can. have a nice one guys!

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i'm debating putting these mother plants i have outside in the next month at jay's patch, they've had about 3 months veg indoors, with the occasional pruning for taking clones (you can see the closest one is a real hedge now haha), so it'd be amazing to see what another 6-7 months growth outdoors would do to them! i'll just use another two clones as parent plants and grow them up if i do that :D

picture.php

B

blancorasta

like gemini said let the sat's go out once the nights are< 11 hours unless theyre seedlings. the indicas wait until the nights are< 9 1/2 hours. to avoid the dreaded outdoor re-veg. i know we are all compelled to get them out as early as possible to get the biggest plants, but sometimes it is better to error on the side of caution. not that a lil reveg would absolutely ruin anything that much, i just notice it tends to make lanky gangly plants, with wierd structure and deminished yields.

my two cents, im sure you know what your doin down in the outback,

peace

Squiggles

hey all, just wanted to get a general consensus on whether or not i should put some girls out this weekend if the first patch is ready. i'm just wondering if they go into preflower and then flower they'll have to reveg in coming weeks when sun light exposure is >12hrs, will this affect their growth compared to if i held onto them a little longer and then put them out around the 12hrs+ sunlight per day? anyway any input would be great :D i'll be putting more out at a later date too so no bigger i guess if they do get stunted.

also, it's still pretty cold at night, with a fair bit of rain so hoping they'll survive ok and thrive well :D let me know what you guys think

darwin

wow mate all ahead full steam eh :gday:

id put em out they will start to flower and tis a great way to weed out any males :2cents:

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey squiggles and blanco, cheers for the advice, i think i might put some clones out now in this first patch (now being the next few weeks) and from then on i'll probably put some more out every few weeks as time goes by.

yeah squiggles, the only ones i have from regular seed or that aren't clones are the mazar, i might put a few outside though and hopefully spy a few males! :D need to collect the pollen anyway

Penguin59

So you're not gonna flower those ones for bud in the tent then? I'm just keen on getting some product to tide us over while we watch the guerrilla grow and just let the clones unleash for 6-7 months in the hot, Australian, summer sun. Wat do u reckon?

Penguin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i still have plants in the tent penguin, whether these go outside or not, as soon as i flower the tent there will be plenty to tide us over. i just think the fact that these girls have had a 3 month head start means they've a chance of turning into some huge indica plants if they get another 5-6months veg. i'm going to still be holding onto clones of both parents, which i'll flower in the tent with the mazar-i-sharif.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey squiggles :D cheers mate! nice to see you here!

thought i'd chuck some pics up of some of the white widow clones i'm going to put outside soon. something bizarre happened after i repotted these guys. 3 of them topped themselves, lol sounds weird, but the main growing stem for some reason stopped growing/died off (it was brown and shriveled i noticed) and the laterals went bananas and turned them into bushes. all the clones in the pictures below were taken from the same plant, at the same time and in exactly the same way! they were all growing tips of the main branches.

picture.php

3 normal clones next to a self topped clone.

picture.php

2 of the self topped clones

gronko

That's some back breaking work there.

I try to cut down on carrying soil as much as possible by using those coco bricks and enough water to soak them all.

I usually do a run first to drop off 50 litres of water before anything.

Its all trial and error.

I normally grow lucerne in the plot before cutting it down for green manure and mixing it up. 1 litre of worm poo concentrate and your set. That cuts down on carrying fertiliser too which is extra weight.

Triple bagged Glad garbage bags and you got yrself a lightweight bucket you can fit in your pocket for mixing coca and water.

yeah that's what i was thinking too gemini genetics i might give it another week at least and see if i can concentrate my efforts more on preparing that site and the other. but we'll see, i have a lot to play with, so even if the first batch i put out got messed up, it'd be worth the experience at the end of the day. i'll be planting stuff outside until the early months of next year so hopefully won't have all my eggs in one basket :D cheers for the advice mate!

UPDATE: just went out there tonight, pheww... very buggered now! carted out probably 100-150kgs of ferts and organic soil mix etc, walked it into jay's patch and poured it all out, dug it through the soil while my mate raked it out. also chucked maybe 8 handfuls of dolomite lime into the mix and raked that through. i think i'll add the same amount of stuff again this coming week and i'll grab as much mulch and soil from nearby to add to the mix too and expand this patch by a few metres as there's plenty of space behind it to fill out. each time we walked in we took a different track and after we finished up we put all our trash in a garbage bag and dumped that in a public bin in a back street in a town on the way home. was good, in and out pretty quick at 11pm, beautiful night, felt like staying there for a few hours and just hanging. 7C outside but with all the shoveling and raking i was down to a flanno in a matter of minutes haha dead calm, half moon so we didn't need the torch on and it was just absolutely dead quiet, could've heard a pin drop, while my mate and i just had a yarn and went about our business. definitely good to have a few people to rely on and take part when doing this stuff, would've been lonely on my own at this hour! :D anyway hopefully i'll get some more done this week. i've all of tomorrow off so i might head out there again at night if i can. have a nice one guys!

darwin

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey shroomy, is there anywhere you can find coco bricks here in south aus? or do you need to order them from overseas as i haven't seen many on hydro store websites here in aus. i'm thinking it'd be worth sussing out for sure!

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
bunnings has some great deals on there coco brix :) just make sure flush them with very hot water about 3 - 4 times... I say use very hot water as anyone that has studied organic chem will know heating up a solvent increases its puling power... you want the water to pull out all the salts that are trapped in the coco :) and cold water just doesnt cut it unless you wanna spend the whole day flushing it 10 -15times

get those mothers as big as possible before putting them out...I put a 1' clone out and she is now a 6'x6' bush lol...if you could put out a 2' heavily LST'd clone/mother/whatever they would be monsters come harvest...if you can get 1#+ per plant you wouldn't need to put out as many...I learned that this year...got over 40 out at guerrilla plots and honestly 40 isn't hard to care for but I would rather 20 that would yeild me 1-3#s you know...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i want to add my voice of caution about putting clones out too early. they will start to flower really fast if your days are still below 14 hours. ideally put them out when the days are 15 hours long at least. seedlings are different, they seem to want to grow and get big before they even think about flowering. hence they can be put out earlier then clones. unless you bring a car battery and some kind of light to come on for an hour or 2 in the middle of the night, lol.

speaking of coco mixed with indigenous soil, i did a small experiment pretty late using 50% coco and 50 local soil, i amended the coco with everything i could think of and the plants seem to be doing quite well. specially when i consider how late i put those out. pure coco will be no good i imagine, as you need to water that stuff nearly every day if not every day if it's pure coco in the summer heat. so adding newspaper and water crystals would surely also help with any coco mix. i was able to let the rain wet the coco as it was old coco from several indoor runs and didn't need expanding like the bricks of coco do. so yeah with your dry climate you will need a lot of water to expand the coco bricks if you decide to go that route. in the end perlit or vermiculite might be the better option. or just try a few different mixes.

gronko

lol you beat me to it :)

bunnings has some great deals on there coco brix :) just make sure flush them with very hot water about 3 - 4 times... I say use very hot water as anyone that has studied organic chem will know heating up a solvent increases its puling power... you want the water to pull out all the salts that are trapped in the coco :) and cold water just doesnt cut it unless you wanna spend the whole day flushing it 10 -15times