What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Darwin's 2010-2011 Guerrilla Grow

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey mate! nice to see you :D yeah it was about 5-6pm at night and the sun was going down, i think we're at 10hrs 30mins sun a day-ish at the moment so still a bit to gain. the sun will rise in the sky more and more too which is good. i'm yet to really amend the soil there, just loosened and over turned it all to begin with, i'll get some local stuff this week from a nearby forest as well as add some ferts and maybe organic soil etc if it need sit. fingers crossed it all goes well! :D

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Good to see you making a start there darwin ...
Looks like your gonna need some mulch there ,, maybe harvest some of the local grasses to make a bit of a compost on top of your diggings till your ready to use it ..
Im sure your going to need some kinda fencing , hard for the critters to resist that lovely green foliage on cannabis when its the juiciest thing around ...

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
nice to see the clones and seedlings that are going out mate, great stuff :)

what happened to your clones is called monster cropping mate its my preferred method of growing to produce monsters :)

B

blancorasta

i'm in south eastern australia mate :D

whats up darwinsbulldog,

shit im not used to the whole northern/southern hemishpere relation. so i guess its winter there? so your getting a jump on the game. right on, how many plants do you think youll have?

ive always wanted to go gorrilla but i dont have the balls or the motivation lol

take it easy,
peace

Kangativa

Veteran
Hey mate good to see I inspired someone:tiphat: Well you know I will be here watching with interest......all the best mate and may they grow BIG:dance013:
Donalds right to, get plenty of mulch on them:)

bushweed

Veteran
i wanna grow some sequoias!

Good luck mate, better make that Mountain Ash - the tallest trees ever - Victorian too.

So dig that soil up and mix in some lime and compost & shit buried deep, with mulch on top and pray the rain Gods head south.:) Maybe some of those water retaining crystals wouldn't go astray.

& next year you can have OHaze /Skunk x White Widow - now that would be some shit!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
Good to see you making a start there darwin ...
Looks like your gonna need some mulch there ,, maybe harvest some of the local grasses to make a bit of a compost on top of your diggings till your ready to use it ..
Im sure your going to need some kinda fencing , hard for the critters to resist that lovely green foliage on cannabis when its the juiciest thing around ...

hey mate, yeah i've got a lot of compost going at the moment hear so i'll have to get that out there, and mulch wise do you suggest anything in particular? can you buy anything that will be better than stuff you could collect? or is grabbing leaf litter and the like ok?

nice to see the clones and seedlings that are going out mate, great stuff :)

what happened to your clones is called monster cropping mate its my preferred method of growing to produce monsters :)

cheers mate, yeah haha that clone was part of the mum i reveged, when i took the clone it had 3 stems coming off the end (like it'd been topped) so they've all kept growing, it'll be nice outside i think i might LST all the limbs in diff directions along the ground like a 3 pronged star and see how it goes hehe

whats up darwinsbulldog,

shit im not used to the whole northern/southern hemishpere relation. so i guess its winter there? so your getting a jump on the game. right on, how many plants do you think youll have?

ive always wanted to go gorrilla but i dont have the balls or the motivation lol

take it easy,
peace

yeah mate haha it's winter here, all this time i've been reading up and learning about all your grows up north! plant wise, jay's patch will be probably 15ish plants max, it's about 16m2 so 1 plant per 1m2 will probably do nicely. whereas the sat patch with all the sativa stuff i'm thinking will need to be much bigger with plants more spread out to say maybe 1 per 2-3m2, so they're not in direct competition and can grow bigger quicker. so i'll probably have that patch 30m2 or more, so maybe 15 plants again in that one. we'll see how i go, i only have a few plants at the moment, mostly white widow clones that will be ready for outside as soon as the soil's good there, the sativa i'm still yet to grow up and clone out, but hopefully before the end of sept all is up and running there well :D cheers for the interest mate!

Hey mate good to see I inspired someone:tiphat: Well you know I will be here watching with interest......all the best mate and may they grow BIG:dance013:
Donalds right to, get plenty of mulch on them:)

hey mate :D cheers, what sort of mulch do you recommend?

Good luck mate, better make that Mountain Ash - the tallest trees ever - Victorian too.

So dig that soil up and mix in some lime and compost & shit buried deep, with mulch on top and pray the rain Gods head south.:) Maybe some of those water retaining crystals wouldn't go astray.

& next year you can have OHaze /Skunk x White Widow - now that would be some shit!

haha too right, we're in australia not california USA, mountain ash they are then :D i'll be chucking dolomite (i think it's dolomite lime, but just named dolomite) in it, hopefully that's alright? but i can go lime instead if you think it's better. and it's been raining pretty much every day here this month so this weekend i'll hit up the hardware store and stock up on ferts and some organic soil, i'll also take some from a local forest or something and add it in with some decomposing leaf litter and the like churn it all up and hopefully it goes well! i live near the coast too so i might go to the beach after a big storm next time and collect a shit load of seaweed that washes up and put that on/in the soil. it'll break down slowly overtime and hopefully release some nice FREE nutes :D

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
so for the past few days i've noticed some foxes in the chicken enclosure....

picture.php

picture.php

my solution? organic bug death made from flower extracts (pyrethrum daisies to be exact).

picture.php

picture.php

gave it a big once over tonight and the mites already seemed to have dropped vastly in numbers. they were all spreading from one pot to another when pots/containers were touching one another. i think they're harmless as i've seen them before in other grows and after a little while they just disappeared, no ill effects to the plants that i noticed, but better to be safe than sorry. they seem to be mainly rummaging around though the soil so i have a feeling they came from the organic 5in1 ferts i put in my soil mix, must be eggs in that and then hatch and breed once they get into a warm, moist environment, ie. grow tent. anyway i'll spray thoroughly once a week as the instructions say and if pain persists, i'll have to get more drastic haha

Xhashish

Veteran
Cool with the 3top, going to be fun to see how it will turn out :) , I have a 5 top this season, also pretty wicked :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you might want to consider the see weed carefully, it could be very salty. maybe after a good wash in normal water it will be good though, not sure. it is supposed to be great for plants. just a thought i had about the salt.

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
definitely right gaius marius, i was thinking of cutting it up and soaking it in fresh water over night or something and seeing how it goes. if i have a few patches with spread out plants i might trial it on one or two and see if it does anything noticeable as i think if we can sort out salinity then it'd be really useful :D

Kangativa

Veteran
" what sort of mulch do you recommend? "

hey mate just use any bush mulch like leaves. You should have plenty just lying on the ground.

Here is a some pics of holes mulched just from the bush.

Attachments

• Hole Prep 016.jpg
    Hole Prep 016.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Hole Prep 017.jpg
    Hole Prep 017.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 11

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
i was watching this show how they go and scout for cannabis crops in QLD and when they were ripping up the plants there was layers of news paper about a 2 - 3 inches deep under soil around the plants.. the ppl doing the report said they were finding this to be a very common mulching method as all the growers had to do was dig the clones in and some slow release ferts water in and then cover with news paper and then cover the paper with sand and other debrie.. and this method was so good at retaining water they hardly ever saw the growers return until harvest making it very hard to pin the grow on any particular syndicate..

just something to think about :D

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i was watching this show how they go and scout for cannabis crops in QLD and when they were ripping up the plants there was layers of news paper about a 2 - 3 inches deep under soil around the plants.. the ppl doing the report said they were finding this to be a very common mulching method as all the growers had to do was dig the clones in and some slow release ferts water in and then cover with news paper and then cover the paper with sand and other debrie.. and this method was so good at retaining water they hardly ever saw the growers return until harvest making it very hard to pin the grow on any particular syndicate..

just something to think about :D

interesting stuff mate, :D thanks for sharing, might have to give it a whirl at some point

lookin nice my friend! keep up the quality and pretty soon its sowing season for you!! :D

nice to see you gemini :D

gavin2511

get yourself up the fishing tackle shop for some tiger worms etc and introduce to your patch, they should help give some natural fert and tend to the subterainian side of your patch.

just an idea, as its what i would do!!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
yeah sounds like it might work :D i'll have to see what they have. good thing is though just starting off the latest patch we found 4 worms as big as your little finger and about 5-6in long. so pretty healthy there i reckon :D beautiful animals! i haven't seen any that big in years... they still blow my mind when you have a close look at their multiple hearts beating!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
hey all, just wanted to get a general consensus on whether or not i should put some girls out this weekend if the first patch is ready. i'm just wondering if they go into preflower and then flower they'll have to reveg in coming weeks when sun light exposure is >12hrs, will this affect their growth compared to if i held onto them a little longer and then put them out around the 12hrs+ sunlight per day? anyway any input would be great :D i'll be putting more out at a later date too so no bigger i guess if they do get stunted.

also, it's still pretty cold at night, with a fair bit of rain so hoping they'll survive ok and thrive well :D let me know what you guys think

darwin

G

Guest129216

This is going to be great!

I have great hopes for you my man.

I think you should put them out and see what happens. Some of them might revegg and some might not. Only way to find out is to check yourself.

Good luck further on. I will be watching.