What's new

(Dark) green leaves at harvest time?! Come on guys, stop overfeeding & flush fully

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
TGT said:
Some strains will not get that 'autumn look' and just go pale. Others will go yellower and in rarer cases some stay green. It just depends on the genetics. But if you give a good flush I find if your plants get pale that is sometimes the best they will do and will still burn clean. Just my opinion on the subject.

TGT

^^^
you can see how some strains take on the yellow leafs better than others,, id have to agree,,,even with proper flushing>>>not ALL plants are going to show the symptoms you describe

i hav noticed>>>that mainly my sativa or sat.dominant strains will be more quickly to produce that autumn hue,,, while my indicas and indica.dom strains will tend to hold more of the green color,,despite longer and more thourough flushes,,,

hence>>if you look at the bottom of screen>>you can see some bubba kush still almost all green with a 15d flush,, while on the other side you the more sativa strains>>with same amount of flush>>but completly yellowed out>>than a few hybrids in middle that display very nice a little of each..

REGARDLES>>>>great herb shots everyone,,,MUCH RESPECT. :joint: :joint:

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

I was just thinking about this thread and it's now been nearly 2 years since I posted it originally --- how many peeps improved in that time? lol

I hope a lot!!

From memory in that time, the best flushed plants I've seen are Crazy Composer's Chemdog D: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=99774&page=3

ojd's 3-week+ flushed plants looking lovely,

TyStik's original pic in this thread, great work :)

If anyone can link me to anymore, I'd love to see them, thanks :)

Peace

h.h.

Veteran
I used to think green was a sign of health and a good quality smoke. I soon learned different. I'm not growing food.I see it mentioned over and over when new posters come aboard, they being in the same frame of mind I was. At this point it's became redundant and those who get it will get it and those who don't won't.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Green is the equivalent of healthy during most of the plant's life. By harvest the plant should be pulling nutrients and chloroplasts from its tissues. The timing of that depends on the method of growing and the genetics of the plant.

seeyouaunty

I haven't read the whole thread, but the cleanest smoking weed in my experience is good outdoor weed. I'm not an outdoor grower, so can someone confirm whether outdoor plants yellow up or not near harvest? Seems that nature doesn't provide for a flush outdoors.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
90% of my plants always yellowed up. In soil that is alive, the plant chooses the nutrients it wants, when it wants them. If it's in their genes to do so, they will pull nutrients from leaf tissues when the time is right.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
90% of my plants always yellowed up. In soil that is alive, the plant chooses the nutrients it wants, when it wants them. If it's in their genes to do so, they will pull nutrients from leaf tissues when the time is right.
Dignan

I'm finishing up a new strain (for me at least) that was given to me by another Oregon MMJ patient. It 'could' be either NL#5 or Afghani #1 - according to the donar. Eh...................

At any rate, it's in the final 7-10 days (based on scoping the trichomes) and there is absolutely NO suckering off of the fan leaves - nothing. Nada. Zilch. They have the expected Afghani leather-like leaves and very, very dark green.

It's weird from my limited experience.

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts