What's new

(Dark) green leaves at harvest time?! Come on guys, stop overfeeding & flush fully

B

British_Bulldog

Microbeman, you're beginning to sound like a walking advert for your products, and using scare tactics telling people they're using petroleum based chemicals in their feed, when really it's salt-based.

You also didn't answer my question about which cannabis strain you worked so heavily on in BC.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
naaa BritBulldog think thats the last pic I took prior to the hang as from there it was prob bout day 10-12 then usually do 2-4 day in dark phase.
I'll check tho as I do doc allot of it and only show pics of here n there but should have more from that session and better bud shots and cured shots to..
Buds are usually laced with a light lavender color..I have a Indica phenom also thats a baseball bat from the same run but was in coco..
The only diff between this and the final chopped girl is the color keeps fading a bit and the leaves fall off...But I took her down after a good 12days flush and at 40%amb as I use a scope to judge..
Ive run these Heri's goin on lil over a year now and bout 3rd run into it and these were from 2nd run..
I just wasn't sure if I was gana stay at my local or not so was making store trips for RO but its a buy I cant avoid any longer as I know my tap is complete shit..
OI have some other very colorful lasses tho..I'll dig those up and mainly cause I have a pic oof a G13xBSH thats very Maroon at pre-harvest and would like your take on that..
Heres few pics another Heri pheno on the Sat side under similar tests but took a beating to and locked up early..drained easy enough tho..you can see the purps starting to show a bit in the head bud..

Adding the G13xBSH pics...plant was also pushed with P using a minor amount of BudBlaster which is like .05-5-3...anyway the Maroon color is dated 12-18-07 and the Black is at 12-23-07...It went from maroon to black and temps weren't that low at all..maybe 60 at lowest.. You can see the more faded foliage lower on the plant..weird variety wild smell n flav..
FOE20

Last edited:
G

dumbest thread on IC mag and in only had to read 2 pages to come up with that.....

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Well, ta old seasoned pro's like you fellers, it prolly is dumb. But for the newbie that's wonderin why his finished product won't burn an tastes like shit, it's prolly purdy helpful! Don't cha think? Later, BC

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Wait...What? said:
So you're saying that amonium nitrate is derived from crude oil? I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with that.

Uh, look up the Haber process, then come back and apologize.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
British_Bulldog said:
Microbeman, you're beginning to sound like a walking advert for your products, and using scare tactics telling people they're using petroleum based chemicals in their feed, when really it's salt-based.

It is petroleum based:

The ability to combine or fix molecular nitrogen is a key feature of modern industrial chemistry, where nitrogen and natural gas are converted into ammonia via the Haber process. Ammonia, in turn, can be used directly (primarily as a fertilizer, and in the synthesis of nitrated fertilizers)

Most people don't realize that petroleum products are present in many more places than just your gas tank. Heck, if Microbeman's brewer is made of plastic, that comes from petroleum :D

B

British_Bulldog

pewp, wishbone420 and acidnI_livE - it's good to hear you all have perfectly fed and flushed plants - it'd be great to see some pics if you managed to take any ;-)

Foe, ok cool, but these pics are showing dark green leaves and burnt tips. I hope the new feeding regime works out for you this next time - maybe it will come together the time after(?), but you're definately on the right track now.

Looks good in veg, but then fed too much in flower.

The buds in some of the pics do look fully developed, and as I'm sure you've found, leaving them for another week at the end can often add a lot of potency, as well as weight.

The maroon colour is genetic purpling, and is inherant in the strain. I'm sure you'll get some fantastic colours if you feed right and give them a good flush.......I can't wait to see how great they'll look :)

ixnay, thanks for the info., I guess you're right, it was just the way Microbeman put it, and didn't explain the rest, as if to scare people off chemical nutes and buy his organic brewer bin and tutorial DVD.

Peace

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ixnay007 said:
It is petroleum based:

Most people don't realize that petroleum products are present in many more places than just your gas tank. Heck, if Microbeman's brewer is made of plastic, that comes from petroleum :D

Yes, I do use PVC and fully realize it is a petroleum product. Thanks for pointing out that most chemical fertilizers are made from petroleum. Anyone who wishes to learn about this can just do some googling. At least as a plastic it is relatively inert, not actively toxic like it is in chemical fertilizers.

Also Bulldog if you really wish to learn of the strain you can probably research it and as I noted you said to another person on this thread, you may believe what you wish.

I can see I'm spinning my wheels here due to the ingrained thought processes. Concepts of how things function, grow and change as we learn more and have the ability to comprehend more through microscopic examination and DNA testing.

To those who are making the effort to grow naturally, you have my respect and your own reward.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait...What? said:
So you're saying that amonium nitrate is derived from crude oil? I don't know where to begin with what's wrong with that.

It is easy to have this miscomprehension so I'll forgive you this time <grin>

http://www.democracyarsenal.org/2008/04/fertilizing-the.html

http://chemed.chem.purdue.edu/genchem/topicreview/bp/1organic/coal.html

The H2 given off when alkanes are converted to alkenes or when cycloalkanes are converted to aromatic hydrocarbons can be used to produce a number of inorganic petrochemicals, such as ammonia, ammonium nitrate, and nitric acid. As a result, most fertilizers as well as other agricultural chemicals are also petrochemicals.

G

G13 x OG Kush grown in coco, given 15 days flush and as you can see, not much fading at all, fed with AN Monkey Juice, molasses, seaweed extract, liquid worm humus and PK13-14 at ec 1.8, ph 5.8 until the flush began at 50 days, harvested at 65, end product was some of the best indica I've grown, this plant was definitely fully flushed, but didn't fade much at all, and then only low down. I don't think the fading of the green colours of a plant is an accurate indicator of whether things are fully flushed to be honest. The ec of the runoff of this G13 x OG Kush at harvest was ec 0.8, so there was very little left in the medium. I revegged the plant and it reverted very fast with no nute issues at all, this is a clear sign that all the flower nutes are gone, plants that haven't been flushed just burn to a crisp in a week or so when you try to reveg them.

BTW, going back to the discussion a couple of pages back about the old OG pic of a 'perfectly grown plant' don't forget there was a lot of shit grows on OG too, and most of the old cats from the early OG days are still around, just nto at icmag, there are a handful of small forums these cats hang out and they are still doing amazing work, just nowadays they have no time for mainstream forums. Regarding the 'perfectly grown' picture, and the comment that there is no work on icmag of this standard, that's utter bollocks, there are many, many great growers here, look at my G13 x OG Kush, that was my first run with that strain, no burnt tips at all, one or two ever so slightly clawed tips, certainly she wasn't overfed, I reckon for a first run I did a damn good job. Now, I'm only an average grower, I happen to know personally, many guys who can grow rings around me, just off the top of my head, go check out some of Elevator Man's work, that cat can grow with the best of them, then go look at some of Raco's plants, that hombre always has lush, green, perfectly healthy plants, then there are a whole slew of other guys, too many to mention!

Last edited:
G

I cant believe someone with no premise for their argument other than personal opinion is asking people to defend themselves against him lol fsu

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I look at it as if the guy says he's this..than answers question correctly enogh for it to cause me speculation than its worth the convo...other than that I could care less who he is...I'll talk and listen to anyone for as long as it takes me to realize their full of shit and stop waisting my time..So far I dont have a prob with his responces...you guys can brow beat eachother all day...still wont get anywhere....

werd BritBulldog....you got it right on bro...My impreassion was the BSH in the mix and its def a wonderful lookin phenom..only prob is it needs a lil more pwp factor...great tastse n smell tho...

GangaP hay that looks right along the same lines as this BubbaOGkush but heres mine at about 8days flush starting to yellow.YOur pistils were still white at 15days flush?...man that looks like it had just starte flush?...Im only assuming tho..looks like a great yield also..
.on the BubbaOGkush foliage was so black and it still got yellowed out within 14days..Buds were the best in town off this set..outstanding herbs..I have a pic of it just a few days from chop also but gata go dig in the vault for that..but the plant was nice n mature an was pulled at 20%amb..
Pics are time stamped...first BubbaOG;'s are 12-14 and the 2 on the end are 12-18 and thats a 4 day difference..I dont have the final shots only of it hanging inverted after chop....
FOE20

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Microbeman said:
I can see I'm spinning my wheels here due to the ingrained thought processes. Concepts of how things function, grow and change as we learn more and have the ability to comprehend more through microscopic examination and DNA testing.

To those who are making the effort to grow naturally, you have my respect and your own reward.
Well, I think yer incorrect now, sorta. lol You are -not- jus spinning yer wheels here, I can assure you. There are many who will jus lurk, read and learn. Not all of us choose ta post and stick our foot in our mouth. lol I for one have the utmost respect for yer work, it fascinates the shit outa me! That my friend keeps me learning more and more ! But, because I'm a stoner or perhaps jus not the brightest crayon in the box, I sometimes have a hard time retaining it or remembering it all correctly. So I was wondering if there was anything I posted in this thread about organics that you think should be corrected ? integrity is everything ta me, what good is information if it's not right, right ? Thanks, BC

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you guys really think that all the info on how our nutes and the waist from these bi-products is offically, perfecty, and properly well documented?...hmmmm...Big Business, the Gov and how they play are always so truthful ...lol.....
you see how they are straining the Ocean for plastic waist?....what do you think our soil is lookin like...Organics...yea right....not for long...

hey GangaP I wasn't in no way saying your plant was beat down or anything like that as it looks better than mine health/color wise to me..my point was that I did go very Heavy on N and it also was the frostiest monster out of 8 varieties with super dense buds and left sand resin on the tray from breakin up the nug..Still leeched fine and was done by the 3rd wk of flush..Im going to be running that g13xOG within 2wks and Im sure yours was fine herb...
FOE20

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
B.C. said:
Well, I think yer incorrect now, sorta. lol You are -not- jus spinning yer wheels here, I can assure you. There are many who will jus lurk, read and learn. Not all of us choose ta post and stick our foot in our mouth. lol I for one have the utmost respect for yer work, it fascinates the shit outa me! That my friend keeps me learning more and more ! But, because I'm a stoner or perhaps jus not the brightest crayon in the box, I sometimes have a hard time retaining it or remembering it all correctly. So I was wondering if there was anything I posted in this thread about organics that you think should be corrected ? integrity is everything ta me, what good is information if it's not right, right ? Thanks, BC

Hi BC,

This may not be the thread for that so how about in the very near future I'll start a thread in the Organic Soil forum and explain things from my perspective. In the interim, everyone struggles, tries and learns as they embark into natural growing so we can perhaps learn from each other.

Salutations,
Microbeman

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Yeah, I spose yer right, it is off topic. I look forward ta that thread. I'm always interested in learning from anothers point of veiw, it gives us insight we other wise might not know er see. Cool, thanks. Take care... BC

B

British_Bulldog

Ganja Pasha said:
Regarding the 'perfectly grown' picture, and the comment that there is no work on icmag of this standard, that's utter bollocks, there are many, many great growers here, look at my G13 x OG Kush, that was my first run with that strain, no burnt tips at all, one or two ever so slightly clawed tips, certainly she wasn't overfed, I reckon for a first run I did a damn good job. Now, I'm only an average grower, I happen to know personally, many guys who can grow rings around me, just off the top of my head, go check out some of Elevator Man's work, that cat can grow with the best of them, then go look at some of Raco's plants, that hombre always has lush, green, perfectly healthy plants, then there are a whole slew of other guys, too many to mention!

Hi GP,

Yes I think you did do a good first time job on those plants, but you say there are no burnt tips at all, when I can see them, and that you didn't overfeed, but you did, as there's still food in those leaves.

What I said was I'd never seen anything that good (ref: OG pic) on ICMag, I didn't say it wasn't here. Other people have probably looked at more harvest pics than me here, and I appreciated you dropping Elevator Man's name.

I went through a lot of his gallery - some were overferted and/or underflushed, some were quite well done (Grapekush), and one strain in particular he grew was very well done (NL x BB).

I must have clicked 50 gallery pages to find something I really liked, but here's the best pic I found, good work:

9533DSCN8308.jpg

I think there's probably a week or more still in them though, and that he flushed too early.

If anyone knows of any other pics like these here, then please link me the pic(s) or grower's name, as I really enjoy looking at such nice examples, thanks.

I also looked at Raco's late flower pics, but they all look overfed to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts