What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

jedi5891

Hey folks. Dankwolf, where is the cotton candy from you have. I only ask as I had a great pheno out the pack of cotton candy from delicious seeds. It was very skunky, overwhelming so and was loudest in the room by far. It was very very sweet aswell and smelt like a sweet factory. She had a bit of stretch with strong branching and a huge main cola. The buds when dry were not hard and tight like kush's etc and not open like sativas, a bit in between the spectrum. I gave out 100s of cuts and people still have her I hear as she has good qualities. My only problem was it didn't come out as much in the taste as it did in the aroma, taste is what I'm looking for not smell.
I do think you have a good base with the cotton candy as the rks is in there somewhere. Also the clone only sk#1 cuts would be worth getting as they are from older stock. I have a psychosis cut and she is so loud it's ridiculous, but the sweet terps are there too.
Good luck in your quest Dankwolf.
Sam is right about attachment being the distraction and root of suffering. Everything you desire resides within and if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Like Sam said he gave out kgs of seed stock with the rks lurking in them. So they are out there in some of the hybrids already on the market. Your looking for something that's already there, you just have to peel back the right veils and all will be revealed.
What about Shanti baba, although I suspect he already may have some of the old stock of SK#1
Peace
Namaste

I believe Sam was implying to look through regular Skunk #1 S1 plants.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Sam.

You could look through the RKS S1s also but because selfing can bring out recessive traits it may be better to look through the regular Skunk #1 S1 plants for the recessive RKS.

By looking through RKS S1 plants you may get some too, but you also get the recessives from RKS which might be why you haven't found any RKS in there.

corky1968

Veteran
I noticed the Real Seed Co. has Mazar-i seeds back in stock. May be of interest to the recreation crew..

Best vibes!

I already got a 100 of those recently and will try them out if my special afghani fails.

Maybe someone will answer who they think is a knowledgable plant breeder that works with Cannabis, understands genetics and can do pretty straight forward breeding.
-SamS

Since nobody has come up with a plausible answer for a breeder. I know a qualified breeder.
Why not the guy who made more Cannabis Cup winners than anyone else and even heroin
didn't stop him from being the best. Why, it's your old business partner.

The King

Female seeds and S1 seeds are not GMO anymore then polyploids are. Over 75% of all flowering plants on earth are polyploids, almost all all made by nature.
-SamS

About the feminized,S1 or GMO thing in my signature. Anytime you want to PM me about that your welcome.

Lets get back to this RKS thread please.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Gmo and s1 have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Not even a remotely similar concept.

A gmo is genetically modified in a lab (I'm not qualified to properly explain). But in most cases the idea is to creAte a resistance to something , botryis, pest and such. If you spray a field with round up everything dies. The good and bad and everything in between. The you can plant a round up resistant seed (gmo) in conditions nothing else would survive. Yum. They can cover in systematic pesticides at levels that would normally kill plants and there gmo plant survives.

corky1968

Veteran
I would prefer Sam to PM me about that topic if he chooses to go there.

I won't entertain discussing this with anyone beforehand sorry.

Let's not derail this RKS thread. :thank you:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I am all about the rks thread. I love reading and learning from all of you. I was mentioning that because you did. It's a fact. Gmo and selfing strains are in no way shape or form related concepts. I'm trying to tell you. I'm sure Sam can pm you with an extremely detailed explanation of the exact same thing. All arguments related to selfing are about the pros and cons of inbreeding. Great subject that belongs in this thread if it proves helpful. And gmo is a subject of its own, also interesting. But in no way related to rks or selfing. At all.

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Selfing does bring out recessive traits, both good and bad. It also causes inbreeding loss of vigor. If you had different lines unrelated that is not a problem, as they can be combined after selfing and vigor is restored.
We made many S3 or S4 lines to target cannabinoids, that were really screwed up, wimpy, no vigor, and the females when transformed to male would not dehisce pollen, they still made pollen but it was sticky and did not drop, you could use a q-tip and self again but then the plants were even more screwed up, S5's. They the S3, S4, S5, were functionally sterile. Combining several unrelated S4 lines restores the heath and vigor.
This was used to create single cannabinoid lines, just CBC, or CBG, or THCV, and the rest of the propyl's CBCV, CBDV, CBGV. It works great, you can start with lines that have 1% or less of a target cannabinoid and by S4 and combining several S4 lines they are above 10% with no other cannabinoids. I suspect the same could be done with terpenes, such as for a RKS smell.
-SamS

Thank you Sam.
HUGE info right there. I had figured that out from reading your patents - the ability to target and increase a single cannabinoid through selfing.
What is the highest propyl you got through traditional breeding techniques?

Dankwolf

So the more i think about it the more i am unsure of the s genarations being able to produce the proper profile. i would think for that to work you would have to use a f2 stock that had already been selected and stabelized for the trait.with F1 stock being unstable i cant see a vary good chance of finding a peticular profile with out large numbers so if i even attempt to try and isolate through the use of a s generation it will have to be from f2s ?

I strongly dislike fem seed for more reasons then i am willing to get into. so i will avoid this route if at all possable .

I am getting a late start on sprouting seeds due to Holliday s and family shit . but i will get back on track soon lol.

EastCoast710

a friend of mine I haven't seen in a few years has hundred of seeds from the skunkiest of the skunk.. he stopped growing I gotta get a hold of him to see I fi can buy those skunk seeds.. and I'm talking 1 gram in a bag stunk up an entire house u could barely touch the shit it was so sticky..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
a friend of mine I haven't seen in a few years has hundred of seeds from the skunkiest of the skunk.. he stopped growing I gotta get a hold of him to see I fi can buy those skunk seeds.. and I'm talking 1 gram in a bag stunk up an entire house u could barely touch the shit it was so sticky..

Yes please

EastCoast710

ya only time I ever saw weed to this date.. even the glue doesn't compare smellwise.. I got ahold of his wife today.. so when he gets out of work I'm going to see if he can stop by.. ill tell him ill give him some bud when my harvest is done. in 2-3 weeks. lol.

EastCoast710

just got off the phone with the man .. and he said that the cut might be alive with his friend he will check for me.. but seeds he tried to pop them a whileb ack with no luck so he tossed the rest out.. so looks like my chances are low at best.. hoping his friend is holding cuts of it .. cause I know he grows outdoors every year.. maybe he can get some seeds from his boy. who knows but man I was hoping this dude had kept the clones alive..

ronbo51

Veteran
In 1981 I was given seeds that came from Afghanistan. The guy who gave me the seeds knew the guy who brought them in so the story was authentic. Prior to that I grew bagseed. I did not know about strain names other than the famous ones. I had been growing since 1975. Seeds were of no value. My friend told me about these Afghan seeds and how this pot was special. I took the seeds to Maine and planted them that summer. They flourished and flowered and turned beautiful colors when it got cold. All summer you could smell the plants. We lived in a tipi and even though the plants were up the hill the night breezes would waft that stink down and it smelled like fresh skunk. It was annoying. People who visited could smell it. At night around the campfire you would smell it. We jokingly called it "skunk", not because it was a known name, but because thats what it was. Of course it was also the strongest weed anyone had ever done in those parts. It became legendary. That weed would take an active robust party and basically shut it down. Nobody talking. Dark. Heavy. The smell once cured did not hold the skunkiness nearly as much. It became more hashy, flowery taste.

Anyway. I am not a breeder, and I have not been exposed to a bunch of named strains, but since we know Sam's skunk has Afghan in it, and I know my landrace Afghan was full on skunk, I would think the skunk trail leads back to that.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
The trick is finding which Afghan
Afghanistan has 28(or more) distinct regions with their own climates and as such their own genotypes.
Was it the Mazar that Sam used?
Which representation(s) of Mazar was/were used

GoatCheese

Veteran
For a long time I've been wonkering if that initial Colombian x Mazar that did so poorly was actually OG Kush.
Then, perhaps the Mazar x AG is Chem.
Well..
And sorry for going off topic abit.

..I have never smoked any of the OG cuts and i have only smoked one OG hybrid (CBD Critical Cure), but the pine taste in OG is 100% the same as on some phenos of BCSC's NL#5. No doubt.
It's not pure NL#5, but it's pure NL. I think BCSC used DP's NL strain (Oasis?) in the IBL-process.

I loved the the piney/juniper-y taste of my NL-pheno of Gordy's Spice#18 from Motarebel, but i let the cut go cause it grew nanners abit too much for my liking. ...but i was quite happily surprized that my CBD Cure-keeper has that same pine taste. The same. Not similar, but the same pine.

So whatever OG Kush is and what the Afghani in NL is, imo, there is a relation there.
That's all i have to say about OG.
:)

EDIT:

Phylos Galaxy indeed tells us there is relation between OG Kush and NL

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/node/results/d7pwr50o/

Dankwolf..

Have you tried surfing the Phylos Galaxy? ..maybe it could give you some ideas regarding your skunk-project.

Peace

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Makes a lot of sense

After tyring out a few ogs i would agree fully . all had a underlying rks smell when pinched wile growing but the smell in the air was strait pine hard core and they dried to a lemon pinesol smell and taste . but skunk/pine are there for sure .

Latest posts

Latest posts