What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

mack 10

Veteran
Sam gave some excellent advice, many may not want to hear, selfing could be a valuable tool here, Sam did a helluva job breeding "rks" out of his preferred skunk line, perhaps looking into the recessives he did not manage to delete would be a road to wander down.
I'd be willing to bet it is sitting right there underneath it all... With open pollination it is not so easy to get rid of recessives as it is with a 1:1 cross, Sam already said there is still bits in there to be found.

If someone wants to pry those kilos out of his hands why not crowd source the cash and buy em up? The offer is right on the table. A few like minded guys should have not much issue doing that. We're all homies.

Tom Hill gave me some great advice have been working on, don't give a shit about what the next man is doing with his work! Focus on yours!

good idea. how do you set up crowd source?

You are right I do request landrace seeds, but I do not demand them from anyone, I never have and never will. Do you understand the difference? Maybe not?
I will not send a live seed to the USA, I never have and never will as it is illegal. It also protects the donators if they do send in live seeds to me, Phylos does not have the plants just the DNA.

I heard that Cheese was a Skunk #1 seed from the guy that named the Cheese in the UK. I have no idea what or when they were made I suspect pre clonal seeds but it is a guess. I think he said they were from Sinsi seeds but am not sure of that, and Sinsi seeds bought out Cannabis castle and so they may have made their own Skunk#1 seeds from mine, or sold mine, I have no idea.
I made many more Skunk#1 seeds here in the EU then I ever made in the USA, most were made from seed lines my favorite sweet ones from clonal lines they were both sold at the same time. Same with the other ones I have little idea as I spend hardly any time in the UK, where did they buy the Skunk #1 seeds they used? That would help me guess.
-SamS

From what I can remember, the seeds where from the seedbank.
which would be when Nevil still owned it, late 80's.

For a quick rks search, you could s1 whatever clone and look within.
it has to in there to be found.

Any pre Amsterdam skunk would be a great place to start.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Have you guys tried MrNice's Devil?
It's Afghan x Afg/Skunk and i read somewhere that it was skunky, but not as loud smelling as the old school stuff.

Dankwolf

Any one familiar with cali-o i am 99% sure at this point the seeds i have are a early skunk x cali-o after hearing sams description of the seeds he made back in the day. Any and all input for my selection for a male welcome .

corky1968

Veteran
Have you guys tried MrNice's Devil?
It's Afghan x Afg/Skunk and i read somewhere that it was skunky, but not as loud smelling as the old school stuff.

I have looked at "Devil" and "The Shit" by Mr. Nice. One day I may try them.

For now, I want to try to do it on my own.

topheavy420

FYI mr nice is offering "new skunk" on their auctions, the description says you can find rks types within the line. Must be from older skunk #1 seeds from nevil who got them from sam. Shanti is a fair in giving person in my experience so I would contact him directly and I'm sure he would be willing to sell you some.

I commend your project. It's a shame over the years the level of postings has devolved into pissing matches. I miss the days of free and open sharing. People have gone back into the wood work to escape the quick emotional out lashes from certain people of there seems to just be more and more of.

Best of luck to you.

Dankwolf

I am not recreating sams work so corky got me thinking.

I am not recreating sams work so corky got me thinking.

Thinking of names for my version of skunk what do you guys think ? Dankwolfs " pepe le pew" or "pepe le pew #2" lol

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
i have a small bit of info, may or may not be useful
did encounter a cali-o female with some skunk from a pack of 2009 nirvana seeds
overall a citrus smell, so call it sweet, but a definite skunky undertone

BluesHarp

Hey Thcvhunter....are you reffering to ISP's Canteloupe Skunk? If so thats my plan for outdoors this spring Northern Hemisphere...

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Yes. Thats the one.

And, fuck yea. Best of luck with that project.
That old Skunk line does best OD. Damned solid as well.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Best of luck Dankwolf!

I also miss that old school Skunk smell and flavor. I’m going to look through a couple packs of JOTI’s BC Northern Skunk to see if I find any that come close to what I remember, or at least is true to the description for BCNS. It claims strong Skunk smell and flavor. I can’t resist.

Hope your mission proves successful!

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
appreciate attitude/effort in such a search..........it has been a long road since the rks era........late 70's early 80's for me.........first version looked to be mex/ghani hyb...smaller in stature and phenotypically from the mex side....narrow fingered leafs....grew out in native soils in Corralitos area ....added few organic amendments (oyster shell flour, alfalfa tea, and 'P' seabird guano)from General Feed and Seed/Santa Cruz.....lime green golf balls that were extremely sticky and truly rank from sprout through cure......nothing has come close
since.....second version was from pure Ghani landrace stock that was imported by vets and excellent in it's own right, but high was all indica.........great for making hybs, but skank was diluted within few gens........

I have tried most all wannabe's from today's so called breeders with no luck, but some hopefuls from Russian sources-pure ghani LR that I will tend this coming spring '17 in southern Sierras could challenge such........will see.........

best in the quest senor.............

ganj on................

Dankwolf

appreciate attitude/effort in such a search..........it has been a long road since the rks era........late 70's early 80's for me.........first version looked to be mex/ghani hyb...smaller in stature and phenotypically from the mex side....narrow fingered leafs....grew out in native soils in Corralitos area ....added few organic amendments (oyster shell flour, alfalfa tea, and 'P' seabird guano)from General Feed and Seed/Santa Cruz.....lime green golf balls that were extremely sticky and truly rank from sprout through cure......nothing has come close
since.....second version was from pure Ghani landrace stock that was imported by vets and excellent in it's own right, but high was all indica.........great for making hybs, but skank was diluted within few gens........

I have tried most all wannabe's from today's so called breeders with no luck, but some hopefuls from Russian sources-pure ghani LR that I will tend this coming spring '17 in southern Sierras could challenge such........will see.........

best in the quest senor.............

ganj on................

Lime green golf balls . hopefully soon .

Dankwolf

If you are working on a rks project and like dj shorts work i would look into "loompa goo" by jd short and second generation genetics. I am sure there will be some exalant keepers .

My work with afgooey and afgoo showed vary postive result s as far as a wide range of terpings/cannabinoid s ( not bottle necked).
. so the cross with his blueberry indica should yield a possable rks pheno if my theories are correct.

Last edited:

Dankwolf

i have a small bit of info, may or may not be useful
did encounter a cali-o female with some skunk from a pack of 2009 nirvana seeds
overall a citrus smell, so call it sweet, but a definite skunky undertone

The cali-o seeds i have are from earlier stock . they came from a famaily freind and i am 100% sure they did not come from a aeed bank . he does not even have a phone lol.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The good thing about testing s1's would be you open up much is what underneath and bring it to light in one fell swoop. There is alot of plants to go through to get this done, wish ya the best Dank. As efficient as you can be will help you greatly in a big project like this. As many of the older breeders know, time is limited for every man.

Latest posts

Latest posts