What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Dankwolf

Ifvi were to guess i would say fire og is a early skunk(rks)/northernlights (pine)x haze (lemon).

Or skunk/haze x northern lights .

Dankwolf

Popular magazing descriptions. (i liked cc mag better). I am not saying this 100% but

Popular magazing descriptions. (i liked cc mag better). I am not saying this 100% but

Skunk

Dankwolf

Colombian gold

Colombian gold

I think i have a similar description some were for this one as well . pics/disription coming soon (i think lol)

Wendull C.

Veteran
Fire og is a cut of sfv. Check out the DNA testing in the og strain section. It is interesting to say the least.

I hope you get that rks. I haven't had it since 2002 or so and would love to try beans if anyone makes them available.

Last place I got it was garberville at the benbow inn.

GoatCheese

Veteran
<a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1678770" target="_blank">View Image <a href="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69408&pictureid=1678771" target="_blank">View Image

Hope you don't mind me posting abit of info about the NL-lines. Thought you might find it interesting

Here's something that Mustafunk found on MNS forums.
It's actually many posts hacked into one, and here's the original NL-thread @MNS forums with many posts by this NL Seattle Greg:
Northern lights#1 vs. northern lights #5
http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/6-breeders-support-information/12611-northern-lights-1-vs-northern-lights-5-a-6.html

If the info is correct, apparently there is no Thai in NL#5, but Hawaiian!
Nevil has said some years back on MNS forums, that what he told about the genetics of NL#5, he said that's how it was labeled when he got the seeds.
..but also, Nevil has said he never saw much Thai in the line when he grew out the NL#5 seeds, so it could be possible there was some sort of a mix up with the info.

Nl Seattle Greg said:

Aloha,

The base plants for the entire Seattle Northern Lights strains 1 to 10 was a batch of seed sent from Afghanistan that ended up in Herbie's employers hands who just happened to be an old friend from High School so I was able to get four seeds. Then I started doing seed crops of the pure Indica and
crossing it with other strains from Nepal, Mexico, and Columbia.

I had clones and seed and NL#5 was Hawaiian x Steve Murphy's Afghani Strain that is what I sent to Nevil. Steve Murphy owned The Indoor Sun Shoppe in Seattle. NL #5 was a
F1 hybrid in 1982.

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short
phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.

Link to Mustafunk's original post:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7172832&postcount=69

bigherb

Veteran
:thank you:
Thats h times mag for ya lol . gald you agree there mag was half lies.were do you think they got there info ?

I was thinking the same as Sams

They pull it out of a hat , they take it from whoever they wish with no real research

HT have put out numerous articles with misinformation, all while the information is public knowledge , openly available from the actual sources

For those of us In the known They are only good for boobs n bud pics

Btw

If Sams agrees that Anint true , He wouldn't believe the latest on a purple haze thread

1luvbigherb

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Thanks for posting that goat. Is phylos saying that they share a common ancestor or that one is, to some degree a descendent of the other? I'd also wonder what phylos used as "OGKush"? Is it the whole family or a single clone? Perhaps I need to spend more time playing with their galaxy? Its not the best from a IPad.:tiphat:

Edit:I think I got it!

Dirt Life

Veteran
Even though NL now is generally listed as low oder, there definately are or were NL lines that had that skunk smell. Garlic bud was a stinker, but spicy more on the side of black pepper from what I gather. Shiva, both I & II, have Garlic bud in their makeup, and you absolutely could('ve?) come across some stinkers. And IMHO, "skunk" terps translate into taste, at least for me, like a very nice, earthy-sweet hash, with some creamyness mixed in.

Cannavore

Veteran
phylos looks retarded. bunch of renamed dispensary shit just adding to the confusion from what i can see.

Dakine

Veteran
Product Description
R.K.S

RKS is derived from a cross of Afghani, Colombian and Thai landrace strains to produce a sativa dominant variety of cannabis with an old school terpene profile. _ _ _ _ test grows of this strain, conducted in their legal climate, showed strong plants with a high calyx to leaf ratio and larger than average yields. RKS has a very pungent aroma, reminiscent of classic Skunk strains: the use of carbon filtration was essential to control the odours. Uplifting effects are the order of the day with RKS - a long lasting, euphoric high with lovely old school flavours..

So this company has actually been here for Many years.. I tried to look through the pages but couldnt find anyone saying if its good or not... They still have some in stock apparently but there fem..

Im not to sure if im allowed to say it, since bou/bay dont have them as business anymore.. OR so I think, since no strains are listed under them at all

D

Dr.Suess

Product Description
R.K.S

RKS is derived from a cross of Afghani, Colombian and Thai landrace strains to produce a sativa dominant variety of cannabis with an old school terpene profile. _ _ _ _ test grows of this strain, conducted in their legal climate, showed strong plants with a high calyx to leaf ratio and larger than average yields. RKS has a very pungent aroma, reminiscent of classic Skunk strains: the use of carbon filtration was essential to control the odours. Uplifting effects are the order of the day with RKS - a long lasting, euphoric high with lovely old school flavours..

So this company has actually been here for Many years.. I tried to look through the pages but couldnt find anyone saying if its good or not... They still have some in stock apparently but there fem..

Im not to sure if im allowed to say it, since bou/bay dont have them as business anymore.. OR so I think, since no strains are listed under them at all

Very interesting! Found them for sale :tiphat:

Interesting that it has THAI as SamS Skunk doesnt....

Dankwolf

Product Description
R.K.S

Seriously lol .sad time we live in . i dont even know what to say . i guess the old days are gone we might as well all start some gg4 or gsc. Did any one grow 10 years ago or for that matter ever even seen any real dank . sorry dakine but high calyx to leaf ratio is the wrong direction.

Dakine

Veteran
I grew some 1 1/2-2ft plants from seed in miracle grow and Black and gold soil lol 10 years ago... Hey maan I would think my dryshots werent that bad for back then haha..

No joke, I was thinking about that same EXACT description.. But ive told you before, I have never seen RKS buds, or really knew about them back then.. I just heard of them only A couple years ago to be honest...

I kinda want to buy some of those RKS seeds, it sucks even more that there feminized though.. But the Breeder(s) selling it, actually have some what of A good reputation...I said "Somewhat" haha

bigherb

Veteran
I grew some 1 1/2-2ft plants from seed in miracle grow and Black and gold soil lol 10 years ago... Hey maan I would think my dryshots werent that bad for back then haha..

No joke, I was thinking about that same EXACT description.. But ive told you before, I have never seen RKS buds, or really knew about them back then.. I just heard of them only A couple years ago to be honest...

I kinda want to buy some of those RKS seeds, it sucks even more that there feminized though.. But the Breeder(s) selling it, actually have some what of A good reputation...I said "Somewhat" haha

Some simple research will provide reports showing this strain does not produce RKS

It actually stands for really killer Skunk

Reputation is subjective, they have Fire strains this Anint one of them

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran

Some simple research will provide reports showing this strain does not produce RKS

It actually stands for really killer Skunk

Reputation is subjective, they have Fire strains this Anint one of them

You've been around for sometime considering your recent post your not absorbing all the knowledge you can retain here at IC , this and your recent post on the PHaze concludes my opinion

Best wishes

1luvbigherb

Latest posts

Latest posts