What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

Scrappy-doo

I picked them up from firestax but I don't think they sell seeds anymore. Looks like they switched to a novelty shop. The company is Green Beanz Seeds I'm sure they are up for grabs somewhere.

Scrappy-doo

Update on the battle with the borg:

Looks like I'm gonna come out victorious with these little fuckers. Interesting to see which plants they gravitated towards. The absolutely decimated my ECSD's. I decided to cull 2 of them that got hit real bad and isolated some of my other one's by using drip trays like moats so they couldn't spread, and then went through them thoroughly every visit smushing all I could see.

I think it pretty much saved the grow. They progressed slowly to most of the other plants. The ones that it was real obvious they turned their noses up at were my GSC forum cuts. I don't think they even got touched at all.

Aside from my sours, the GG4 was the one they went after the most, then the chems. When I got there last night I could see they were just starting to web over one of the top colas on my glue and that was my que to take her down. Most others have some but I'll get to harvest before they web any of them up. Here's some pics of the glue. Mites galore but the buds are now hanging unscathed. She went a full 70 days.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I picked them up from firestax but I don't think they sell seeds anymore. Looks like they switched to a novelty shop. The company is Green Beanz Seeds I'm sure they are up for grabs somewhere.

haha weird! it's some kinda front page. if you link in from their instagram you still get to the seedshop.

that site was too slick for my tablet tho. i lost some relentless gear when my cart mysteriously emptied when a page refreshed. twice.

good selection of breeders tho.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
sorry to hear about the little buggers. looks liek the flowers made it through tho. plenty of pretty buds!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Nice plants!!! I fucking hate mites. First time in 4-5 years I have been able to pull successive harvests without those bastards around. It's amazing the difference those bastards make on yield and flavor, lol!!

Scrappy-doo

haha weird! it's some kinda front page. if you link in from their instagram you still get to the seedshop.

that site was too slick for my tablet tho. i lost some relentless gear when my cart mysteriously emptied when a page refreshed. twice.

good selection of breeders tho.

No shit? That's good to know yeah I was real pleased to do business over there and then I saw that main page and was like what the fuck is this? Incense, trinkets, and toys? I thought maybe once I signed in it would take me to the seed shop but nope. I'll have to link from instagram but good news. There's not that many good places for bean shopping these days.

Nice plants!!! I fucking hate mites. First time in 4-5 years I have been able to pull successive harvests without those bastards around. It's amazing the difference those bastards make on yield and flavor, lol!!

Damn son I'm like the opposite. This is the first time in the last 4-5 years I've had them around at least for harvest. People seem to love giving me cuts that have these fuckers on them. Usually I don't care really I just roll out the big guns but this time I got a taste once again of what they're capable of. Seeing a big cola start to look like a cocoon is traumatic.

Scrappy-doo

I can't say enough how impressed I am with these cycloptics. Less than 1000 watts, 23 oz harvested so far, and I still have all of this to go:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Started running into some issues. Temps this past week got into the mid 80's, and I'm noticing some deficiencies developing. I think it might be due to me adding molasses to dechlorinate my tap water. Microbeman had told me that it could lock out I think iron if I used it consistently like I have been. Some plants are not finishing up the way they should be and a few plants have somewhat brittle branches. I noticed they snapped off easily when trimming.

But overall things are doing pretty well. I'm just glad the mites didn't destroy my crop and I am able to finish. Several plants are being harvested while I'm away this week. I'll see what's left when I get back. Should be done completely in about 2 weeks.

Didn't manage a ton of pics but here's a few I snapped

Illuminatti
picture.php

Elvis- she started yellowing on me pretty early. Not sure why exactly but I know she didn't get her final transplant until 2 weeks into flower so I think probably her root system never developed in this pot and got drowned out.

picture.php

Grom-- also wasn't able to transplant her to this pot until 2 weeks into flower. She handled it much better.

picture.php

This girl was passed to me as Platinum Cookies, but I'm pretty sure it's the forum cut. Never grown out or seen pics of Platinum but I have another forum in the room and she looks and smells identical.

picture.php

picture.php

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
ooooo grom! jelly.

everything looks awesome.

i'm super impressed with the cycloptics. i totally wanted to go with them but we couldn't afford 'em.

had to settle on the gavitas, not so bad! but those CMH seem better suited to tighter spaces.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
WOW Scrappy!

I came here for the stinky smells, but I stayed because of the budshots. You have a great looking garden there and I'll be interested to hear how many Oz your able to pull from those lights...

Cheers & keep up the great gardening,
BeL

Scrappy-doo

ooooo grom! jelly.

everything looks awesome.

i'm super impressed with the cycloptics. i totally wanted to go with them but we couldn't afford 'em.

had to settle on the gavitas, not so bad! but those CMH seem better suited to tighter spaces.

Thanks Heady! Exactly my thoughts on grom. Welch's grape jelly. I have a few extra cuts of her so one might get reversed or one might get pollinated, or both. Never had the space for Gavitas but always been interested.

WOW Scrappy!

I came here for the stinky smells, but I stayed because of the budshots. You have a great looking garden there and I'll be interested to hear how many Oz your able to pull from those lights...

Cheers & keep up the great gardening,
BeL

Thanks for the positivity. I'm a little down about some not finishing proper, but the yield is well above expectations and everything should still be pretty good. I still have a couple ECSD which are the only one's I'm thinking might have to go to the hash pile. But I gave them a good flush with lightly fertilized water hoping to get some of the excess molasses out so just gonna have to keep my fingers crossed that they are able to pull through.

Scrappy-doo

Update time!

Well I didn't make it to the garden last week so I was interested to see if everything was dead or not when I got there a couple days ago. I had my friends water them and did a pretty good job. Only one casualty, the last of my Blueberry BX... #8

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not too big of a deal she was done anyways. She was pretty last time I was here, very similar to #9. Nice and frosty and smells awesome just like all the others. Real happy with that pack of beans every plant was worthy. Made a bunch of F2's that I'll definitely be searching through.

Scrappy-doo

I was mentioning some plants not finishing out like they should and deficiencies developing in my last update. During my last visit I decided to flush all the remaining plants out with lukewarm water and a very mild dose of pbp. I also raised the lights about 6-8 inches.

Came back this week and I'm seeing about half of them are starting to throw out new pistols out of the buds. So the problem was either the molasses creating a lockout or those lights were still too close at 24" and cooking my plants. Not sure which but I did notice on some of the harvested plants that the top colas were a little crispy and had less smell than the mid and lowers, so I'm leaning towards that being the problem, or maybe a combination of the two.

Not really sure if I should just harvest them anyways or let them go another couple weeks to see if the new development can mature. I have the go ahead to keep them going so I'll harvest the ones that aren't doing that and see what's up with the rest next week.

Scrappy-doo

On a positive note...

I now have 37oz harvested and dried! And there's still plenty more to go. I think I'm actually going to hit closer to 3 1/2 lbs off these lights. With under 1k. I really am amazed.

And more than just the incredible yield, there is also an undeniable difference in bud density across the board. Plants that usually produce fluffy buds turned out medium density, medium density buds are now rock hard, and rock hard buds are now rock hard buds on steroids. To say it's a noticeable difference is an understatement. They are almost like completely different plants. I'm officially 1000% sold on these lights and will be recommending them to everyone I know.

Anyways, back to some pics.

Here's a forum cookies pre-harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrappy-doo

Here's 2 different phenos of my Fire Alien Kush F2's in the same pot. #1 on the left and #2 faded out nicely on the right.

picture.php

#1 is Alien Dominant. Classic cherry alien smell. Love her structure she's a real hearty plant. I am letting her go another week or 2 because she's one of the plants that started throwing out new pistols on some of her buds. sorta looks like dreads. Not normal for this line. She still damn sexy tho.

picture.php

picture.php

She had an identical twin brother I collected pollen from. Hit up corey, illuminatti, ChemD, and GG4 with him. I really want to hit up the cookies with him next. They'd make a great cross I think, because this pheno stays squat like cookies but is way more vigorous with sturdy branches. Also the dark foliage just like cookies. They'd compliment each other real well, and I don't think the smell or flavor would overdominate her but he would beast her up a little. Definitely gotta happen.

Here's #2.

Much more OG. Smells supherb. Greasy and frosty. Really wish I had a cut of her. Glad I still have some F2's this line fucking kicks ass!

picture.php

picture.php