What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Damn it stinks in here!

B

beanz

Finishing up on my first run with GMO. One of my guinea pigs on some modified led shop lights I picked up at Habitat For Humanity for $5 a piece. Daylight spectrum. Grown with a measly 60 watts... Pretty damn impressed with their performance. This girl reeks of chem, fuel, and cookies. 12 weeks she's been in there and most of that time she just smells like chem. All the magic happens the final 2 weeks with this one. Can't wait to see how she does under the cmh.

View Image

View Image

View Image

bloody lovely

LungCooking

Finishing up on my first run with GMO. One of my guinea pigs on some modified led shop lights I picked up at Habitat For Humanity for $5 a piece. Daylight spectrum. Grown with a measly 60 watts... Pretty damn impressed with their performance. This girl reeks of chem, fuel, and cookies. 12 weeks she's been in there and most of that time she just smells like chem. All the magic happens the final 2 weeks with this one. Can't wait to see how she does under the cmh.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Lovely buds! i bet they will rock under cmh!

gmanwho

Veteran
Great work on that orange kush, Shes a stinkier. Devastating day smoke.

do tell us more on the leds.... pic or 2?

Scrappy-doo

Sure Gman I'll take some pics tomorrow when I'm at the garden. I bought them for veg but at my friends place in the summer we had some power restrictions so I swapped out an hps and built a rack of these. 240 watts split between 4 plants. For my experiment I had the GMO and a dosidos grow normal and 2 ecsd's that were scrogged. Based on results I'll scrog everything under these from now on.

The lights are MaxLite led shop lights. 4ft long, 40w each, 5000k daylight spectrum and you can daisy chain them together. Supposed to be $15 each but they get shipped to the store in packs of 3 and the girl at the counter fucked up and charged me 15 a pack. If you search craigslist for 'led shop light' you can find them. Amazon also has them $60 for a 3 pack. Modding them is kind of a pita you have to take them apart and cut the tube off but even without doing that they work awesome for veg.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor

View Image

View Image

View Image

Well that settles it. I'm going to Big Lots/ Family Dollar and buying every single LED they have, :laughing: . Fucking shit looks killer man. :tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

78 grams dried and trimmed on the GMO. I'm not mad at these cheap regular ol household led's one bit. Not mad at these GMO flowers either. One of the easiest plants you'll ever trim with big fat stinky buds.

As promised, here's a couple shots of the led's. Nothing fancy, couple pieces of wood and some screws and I've got a panel capable of pulling 1.3 plus gpw.

picture.php

picture.php

And ECSD grown under them.

picture.php

picture.php

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
What brand led bulb are you using? I started using those in my 2x4’ floro veg panels a year or so ago, had nothing but trouble with failure from them. Luckily they have a 1 yr warranty & the shop I used to buy them from would let me just take them back & swap for new ones.. PIA, but like you say, they are nice & bright, and the girls seem to love them.

Americangrower

Veteran
nice. So you just cut tubes off and left the strips that are inside? I saw some similar at Ocean State job lot for 15 as well

Scrappy-doo

Yeah that's basically it. Take them apart, cut the tube, reassemble and glue the strip to the reflector so it doesn't flop.

acespicoli

78 grams dried and trimmed on the GMO. I'm not mad at these cheap regular ol household led's one bit. Not mad at these GMO flowers either. One of the easiest plants you'll ever trim with big fat stinky buds.

As promised, here's a couple shots of the led's. Nothing fancy, couple pieces of wood and some screws and I've got a panel capable of pulling 1.3 plus gpw.

View Image

View Image

And ECSD grown under them.

View Image

View Image

Scrappy that schmoke looks so soft and velvet makes me wanna get a blanket and spoon with her on the couch all weekend :dance:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is the GMO the same as "Garlic Bud" - think Chem D x GSC or the other way around maybe? Either way, if so, it's the best of the new school cookies crosses I've tried to date.

dank.Frank

Miraculous Meds

Is the GMO the same as "Garlic Bud" - think Chem D x GSC or the other way around maybe? Either way, if so, it's the best of the new school cookies crosses I've tried to date.

dank.Frank

I cant speak to scrappys cut of gmo, but my friend here in MI told me some of the story on the cut he has. He said it was one of 4 seeds popped originally. It was supposed to be on lockdown, but of course somebody starting passing it out. It was either the D or 91, ill have to ask him again, my memory is hazy on it, probably cause we smoked some of it. Very strong stuff. The most potent tasting garlic funk ive ever encountered. Stands out compared to anything for it qualities of effect, aroma, and flavor. Here its named either gmo or garlic cookies. My friend has his grow really dialed in and does organic soil with brewed teas and organic stuff I haven't learned yet. But the results speak for themselves, he had that gmo cut tested at 4 different labs here, the one I remember seeing came in 39% total/32% thc. I really didn't think it was possible, but I have seen the results... Doesn't really matter what those tests say, the cut passes the smoke test, its legitimate top quality.

I just gave my friend the 2.0 cut, looking forward to see what he does with it, and how it stands up to the gmo from his perspective. They are different enough to not really put head to head imo. Both worthy of keeping for their different character.

nickman

Veteran
Dam Scrap, those garlic cookies look stunning ... and after hearing Frank and MM talk about them makes me want it even more...

32% is insane .

Americangrower

Veteran

dank.Frank

GMO is Chem D x GSC, Fem seeds were made by Mamiko seeds and pheno was found by Skunkmasterflex.

There was a strain called Garlic Bud by The seed bank years ago but I believe that was just a afghani

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Scooped up a couple maxlight leds, thanks for the tip scrappy. I haven't used them yet but I'm already a fan. Grabbed a couple of the regular style bulbs for lamps and they are bright as fuck.